listen2me 23

NFL doubling down on Black Anthem

On 7/16/2021 at 9:46 AM, Hawkeye21 said:

I think Trump fooled a lot of people into thinking that.  That's what makes my opinions on him so different.  You buy into everything he says but I don't trust the man.

It is not what he said but what he did. American First

MAGA

Ok. Youse have that one. We’ll keep the star spangled banner. 

On 7/16/2021 at 11:53 AM, Hawkeye21 said:

It would be so much better if they got rid of having the anthem played before sporting events altogether.  I enjoy it but it's not worth all divide it causes.

I completely disagree. Why should we as a nation compromise on what this nation stands for? Fock that. Some whiney liberals start crying and you want to soothe their feelers while they work harder and harder to destroy what we have invested in this country?

Not. me. 

It means nothing to them, but on principle this shlt is bordering on me even giving up fantasy football. It's tough because I have been in a league for so long that it has been great to have that friendship with all the other players over the last 20+ years.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

It is not what he said but what he did. American First

MAGA

I get that.  That's not as easy for a lot of other people.  If people did not notice any direct benefits from what Trump did then they were going to dislike him because of his character, personality and how he treated others.  I know everyone here hates that and thinks it's stupid but it's reality.  It's human nature and it's never going to change.  If someone wants to stay in office they not only have to do a good job but also have to impress people on a personal level.  It's just the way it is.

7 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I completely disagree. Why should we as a nation compromise on what this nation stands for? Fock that. Some whiney liberals start crying and you want to soothe their feelers while they work harder and harder to destroy what we have invested in this country?

Not. me. 

It means nothing to them, but on principle this shlt is bordering on me even giving up fantasy football. It's tough because I have been in a league for so long that it has been great to have that friendship with all the other players over the last 20+ years.

Not everyone feels the same way you do.  Doesn't make you right or wrong.

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Not everyone feels the same way you do.  Doesn't make you right or wrong.

God forbid we salute this free country before many lower class athletes run around and make millions off of playing a game.  God forbid we acknowledge how good we have it ..  where we have various sporting league where players get to become rich and people like us get to be entertained.   

I guess we should be the only country at the Olympics that doesnt want their National Anthem played.  We should tell Tokyo to please not play our Anthem.  We are ashamed of what a bad country we are.  Can we just use the Chinese Anthem?

How sad and pathetic is all of this? 

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

God forbid we salute this free country before many lower class athletes run around and make millions off of playing a game.  God forbid we acknowledge how good we have it ..  where we have various sporting league where players get to become rich and people like us get to be entertained.   

I guess we should be the only country at the Olympics that doesnt want their National Anthem played.  We should tell Tokyo to please not play our Anthem.  We are ashamed of what a bad country we are.  Can we just use the Chinese Anthem?

How sad and pathetic is all of this? 

I don't have a problem with having the anthem played before sporting events, in fact, I enjoy it.  I still don't think it needs to happen.