fandandy

Legit - Rob a Bank - How would you do it?

26 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Basic Outline:

Stand in line like a regular customer

Wait for the next available teller -Hand them an envelope and tell them to give me their $50s and $100s (usually this was written on the envelope rather than me verbally saying it)

Turning around and walking out like a regular customer

No gun. No threats. No Hollywood drama. No mask. No disguise.

Nothing.

Just a regular customer. In and out in the same amount of time as if I was making a deposit.

I generally chose a time of day when I thought the cops were on shift change, which was usually around 3pm. Some cities actually publish that for whatever weird reason.

I usually went to Chili's or somewhere to eat and chill out.

cameras taking my photo? If all you have is a picture or video of someone, that's not really useful. As long as I didn't make it to the news, I was good to go. And nothing I did was newsworthy because nobody got hurt and I didn't make a scene.

No dye packs or anything like that.

Getaway was crucial. I only robbed banks that were in parking lots or something like that with other businesses around. I parked my truck out of view from the bank so nobody could see what I was getting into.

I feel like it is MORE risky to hand over a note or something written on the envelope for handwriting analysis or fingerprints. Although if you're getting the envelope back with the cash then I guess that works. Who the hell in that situation is going to remember or be able to ID you by voice from a few sentences?

I wouldn't wear a disguise... like an obvious one... but I think I would add some minor makeup style features. like movie makeup type things. Give myself a big mole on my cheek or lip or a noticeable scar somewhere. Then after i've left, I remove those identifying features. 

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

I feel like it is MORE risky to hand over a note or something written on the envelope for handwriting analysis or fingerprints. Although if you're getting the envelope back with the cash then I guess that works. Who the hell in that situation is going to remember or be able to ID you by voice from a few sentences?

I wouldn't wear a disguise... like an obvious one... but I think I would add some minor makeup style features. like movie makeup type things. Give myself a big mole on my cheek or lip or a noticeable scar somewhere. Then after i've left, I remove those identifying features. 

the AMA i quoted was about a series of bank jobs done before smart phones, so there is that.

Why would anyone rob a bank? They don’t even have any bitcoin. :dunno:

Just now, JustinCharge said:

the AMA i quoted was about a series of bank jobs done before smart phones, so there is that.

okay but that wouldn't change anything I said or added in my quote. I would still believe at any point in time that writing something on paper and handing it to a bank employee is more risky then telling them what to do in a calm voice. 

and I would still give my face some fake identifying features that I can remove after the job.

I'd get a mask like this. I'd have to get a plan on how I'd purchase the mask. (what monetary means, which mask, where would I get it).  Lots of places sell them or one like it.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/532673979/halloween-silicone-mask-joaquin-new-hand?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=Realistic+Old+Man+Mask&ref=sc_gallery-1-1&plkey=403383e63f3e4c413ac5eda58a48062bb146211c%3A532673979&frs=1

I'd get the arm sleeves that go with it...so it makes your arm's look just as realistically old or wear a long sleeve shirt.

I wouldn't use cane.  Don't want to overdo it.

I'd make the clothes smell like cigar smoke.  Light 10 cigars and leave the clothes I was gonna wear in a garbage can with lid on with the cigars.

I'd use a note. Don't talk.

I'd use a motorcycle I used cash to buy the motorcycle in the same city I planned on robbing the bank.    When I bought the motorcycle, I'd wear the same mask.  Then when authorities asked the community for help, if the motorcycle seller spoke up, he'd say "yep...that's the guy I sold it it too" 

Burn the mask and clothes when done.  Throw ashes in running river.

Trump... https://www.denverpost.com/2017/10/27/scary-real-denver-mask-maker-sculpts-hyper-realistic-faces-of-celebrities-for-celebrities/

Ron Jeremy...Tyson...Sheen... https://www.blessthisstuff.com/stuff/living/toys/hyperflesh-masks/

20 hours ago, frank said:

I would dress up like a clown. When I let the hostages go, I would change clothes and walk out with them. 

Underrated movie.