Sign in to follow this  
TheNewGirl

Back To School!

8 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Good thing we vaxed him. Would really hurt to lose such a valuable asset. 

😆 Come on, man; I was trying to help. 

In my defense, I will have you know that I sat with a bank robber who had been the child of a whole crime family. They did nothing but steal. Their biggest haul was around $900K. He had done 16 years in the big house. He said it was not a nice place. Surely that guy deserved saving! 😆

21 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

A local EMS group administer vaccinations to a low-income apartments, and needed volunteers to sit with those who were vaccinated for 15 minutes after they got their shots. I volunteered. I was doing the 15 minutes with an older White guy who had lived in Fort Worth is whole life. I thought a safe topic to fill the time might be "Where did you work". Silly me. 

The guy had never worked. He said he got a cashiers job once, but he got too nervous when things got busy. Quit in one day, and never worked again. The taxpayers have footed his bill for his entire adult life. 

When I was a lawyer, my job was traveling from county to county suing people for their credit card debt (which we had bought for pennies on the dollar under a corporate entity which we then pretended was our “client.”) On an average week, I would sue 200 people or so, attach their bank accounts, garnish their wages, etc.

You'd be shocked at the enormous number of people who have never worked a day in their lives.

I remember the kid who took a bad hit of acid when he was 11. Fried his brain. Will collect disability for life.

Many ragheads who came here on student visas, rack up all the debt they can, and skip the country.

One guy explained the game to me... basically they apply for disability for their kids when they're like 10. Something impossible to prove. Fibromyalgia was a popular one. Eventually, the government will approve them. May take a decade and a dozen tries...

But when they finally get approved, they get back pay from the date of first application. Lump sum. When you have 6 kids, you can live quite nicely, and that income is untouchable by vultures like me. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

This is going to be HUGE. My ( Very large national company ) politely asked everyone to submit their vaccination status a few months ago. Email this morning, "Due to the very low response on vaccination status, it is now mandatory to submit your vaccination status by the end of August or there will be disciplinary action for those who do not submit status" I'll wait this out as long as I can waiting for law suits to be filed. Focking clown show

I received a similar email from my large national company as well. They didn't include any threats for not providing proof of vax... At least not yet.

This email comes out about a month after announcing a sweepstakes where folks that get vaccinated have a chance to win a year's salary.  I submitted my name since I am vaxxed - fingers crossed - so they can just look up that info if they really wanted.  I'm not going to spend any extra time scanning/uploading my vax info again. 

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

I received a similar email from my large national company as well. They didn't include any threats for not providing proof of vax... At least not yet.

This email comes out about a month after announcing a sweepstakes where folks that get vaccinated have a chance to win a year's salary.  I submitted my name since I am vaxxed - fingers crossed - so they can just look up that info if they really wanted.  I'm not going to spend any extra time scanning/uploading my vax info again. 

My best friend here knocked up his Filipina girlfriend about two years ago. Last saw his son in February of 2020.

He has been trying to get out of here and over there for months now. The hoops are unbelievable.

One of them was he had to get the “international vaccination certificate.” It's a little yellow passport looking book that has his vax info in it basically.

Which is amusing, since the vaccine buys you almost zero privileges around here. Still need a 24 hour test to check into a hotel. Get on a plane or train (domestic). Even to go into a hospital for normal medical care.

All the vaccine, and the annoyance of getting the passport got him? One week of quarantine in Manila instead of two weeks.

And the two hour flight from here to Manila costs about $1400 right now. Flights back to the states are focking insane.  

12 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

When I was a lawyer, my job was traveling from county to county suing people for their credit card debt (which we had bought for pennies on the dollar under a corporate entity which we then pretended was our “client.”) On an average week, I would sue 200 people or so, attach their bank accounts, garnish their wages, etc.

You'd be shocked at the enormous number of people who have never worked a day in their lives.

I remember the kid who took a bad hit of acid when he was 11. Fried his brain. Will collect disability for life.

Many ragheads who came here on student visas, rack up all the debt they can, and skip the country.

One guy explained the game to me... basically they apply for disability for their kids when they're like 10. Something impossible to prove. Fibromyalgia was a popular one. Eventually, the government will approve them. May take a decade and a dozen tries...

But when they finally get approved, they get back pay from the date of first application. Lump sum. When you have 6 kids, you can live quite nicely, and that income is untouchable by vultures like me. 

i know plenty of losers like that. i don't understand how you live like that though. i'd put a gun to my head. wake up everyday with nothing to do??? play video games??? id be a raging alcoholic.

1 minute ago, porkbutt said:

i know plenty of losers like that. i don't understand how you live like that though. i'd put a gun to my head. wake up everyday with nothing to do??? play video games??? id be a raging alcoholic.

Yep. When I choose to get drunk and play video games at least I can afford quality alcohol.  :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

If you grow up that way, I guess it seems normal. I dunno.

I've been off work for a month and a half now. Have at lease the rest of August to go, and rumor has it they're gonna push the start of school back a month.

Normally I'd be traveling and visiting family. This is the time of year I normally love.

This year its driving me insane. 

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

If you grow up that way, I guess it seems normal. I dunno.

I've been off work for a month and a half now. Have at lease the rest of August to go, and rumor has it they're gonna push the start of school back a month.

Normally I'd be traveling and visiting family. This is the time of year I normally love.

This year its driving me insane. 

You should check out The Suicide Squad on HBO Max.  Fun way to kill 2 hours.  😉

1 hour ago, BiPolarBear said:

😆 Come on, man; I was trying to help. 

In my defense, I will have you know that I sat with a bank robber who had been the child of a whole crime family. They did nothing but steal. Their biggest haul was around $900K. He had done 16 years in the big house. He said it was not a nice place. Surely that guy deserved saving! 😆

Who the fock calls it "the big house?" 

Was this guy arrested in the 1920s? 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Jesus no wonder you hated your life. That sounds focking abysmal. Not that other areas of the law are much better though, it’s a miserable profession 

17 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Who the fock calls it "the big house?" 

Was this guy arrested in the 1920s? 

He also carried a Tommy gun and yelled out "Take that you coppers!!!" 

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Jesus no wonder you hated your life. That sounds focking abysmal. Not that other areas of the law are much better though, it’s a miserable profession 

Oh yeah. The kicker was my boss was my Psycho father that I haven't spoken to in 15 years. So on top of the job, I got screamed at daily.

Yeah, my Dad (the good one) always bugs me about getting my license back. I say no focking thank you.