Sign in to follow this  
polecatt

Teddy Bridgewater wins Denver Broncos' starting QB job over Drew Lock

Of course, the Panthers made a mistake. 

And the Broncos just made the right decision. 

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

This is probly one that will go back and forth a few times during the season.

What do you expect from Jerry Jeudy this season?

1 minute ago, polecatt said:

What do you expect from Jerry Jeudy this season?

I expect that to be someone else's problem.

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Of course, the Panthers made a mistake. 

And the Broncos just made the right decision. 

I don't know about that. Bridgewater is a serviceable starter, or excellent back up.

He's not gonna win you much on his own, but if he's surrounded by talent, and in a good system, like he was in New Orleans, he won't kill you.

IT will be interesting to see how Darnold does in Carolina. I think he has more upside than Teddy. That is if the Jets didn't ruin him, or he just doesn't completely suck to begin with.

They have some decent weapons on offense, Robby Anders, DJ Moore, CMC, a respectable OL. I think they're wise to make this move, although it's not the best in the world.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I expect that to be someone else's problem.

So he's not someone your taking on any of your teams

9 minutes ago, polecatt said:

So he's not someone your taking on any of your teams

Nope.  I'm not really feeling the Broncos this season.

• Like 1

If it helps anyone its Jeudy. Bridgewater is more accurate than Lock and less likely to take deep shots downfield. Jeudy is a precise route runner. I'd fade Hamler, not sure what's going on with Sutton...

arrow up for Jeudy/Fant/RB's

arrow down for Sutton/Hamler. 

Check Down Teddy will be throwing over the middle and checking it down. He rarely goes deep.

Bad move IMO for Denver

• Like 1

2 hours ago, polecatt said:

I don't know about that. Bridgewater is a serviceable starter, or excellent back up.

He's not gonna win you much on his own, but if he's surrounded by talent, and in a good system, like he was in New Orleans, he won't kill you.

IT will be interesting to see how Darnold does in Carolina. I think he has more upside than Teddy. That is if the Jets didn't ruin him, or he just doesn't completely suck to begin with.

They have some decent weapons on offense, Robby Anders, DJ Moore, CMC, a respectable OL. I think they're wise to make this move, although it's not the best in the world.

honestly this is almost exactly how I feel.

If the jets didnt ruin Darnold the ceiling is higher with him still.

I'm a bit surprised Denver quit on Lock as quickly as they did but its a done deal now.

I do think Bridgewater is a mediocre player who may occasionally put up fantasy worthy numbers.   but he will be on the waiver wire in most league formats, so what happens with him is likely not all that relevant to most of you who are not in superflex/2 QB leagues.

10 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I'm a bit surprised Denver quit on Lock as quickly as they did but its a done deal now.

Hardly.  They're probly gonna go back and forth between the two QBs a few times this season.  Lock may even still be the QB of the future...

Just now, AxeElf said:

Hardly.  They're probly gonna go back and forth between the two QBs a few times this season.  Lock may even still be the QB of the future...

hard to say that when they took the starting gig from him.   If that doesnt say you no longer fit in the long term plans, I dont know what does.

that being said, I agree.  they could swap QB's through the year if Bridgewater starts to suck (which could realistically happen)

But I think the odds are good that they have given up on him as a long term player in the organization.

As a Bronco fan I was looking for the long play rooting for Lock. Teddy however, is good news this year for our fantasy teams. Obviously there is an upside but uncertainty to Locks game, where as Bridgewater brings a floor and a steadiness to Denver's offense. 

This is great news for Jerry Jeudy as ball accuracy and placement is going to be leaps and bounds over Locks. 

Cortland Sutton I do have some worries about coming off the ACL injury and being more a 50/50 guy then a "route runner" that tends to play more towards Locks strengths then what Teddy wants to do.