Daltnator

Fear of the unknown

How do youse guys handle the trepadationof drafting guys that you've never had on your tram before? For example, I've never had DJ Moore, Ekeler, Cooper Kupp, Aaron Jones. Just using thise guys as an example. If I have an opportunity to draft them, Im now wondering how big is the risk/reward factor of reaching on the ADP factor for them, then hows the performance factor since Ive never had them before I dont have a point of reference to know how to feel about them in general. When to feel good about starting them. 

I mean, I do the research and make the best decision I can, but the fear of the unknown sometimes keeps me from drafting guys Ive never had and I want to change that. 

Any advice to not freeze up at the draft and go back to the same ol same ol? Lol!

Just trying to always get better!!

Cue The  Incoming AxeElf Blast!!

4 hours ago, Daltnator said:

Blast?  I was just going to suggest you take up a hobby that doesn't cause you so much stress, like crocheting or something.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Daltnator said:

How do youse guys handle the trepadationof drafting guys that you've never had on your tram before? For example, I've never had DJ Moore, Ekeler, Cooper Kupp, Aaron Jones. Just using thise guys as an example. If I have an opportunity to draft them, Im now wondering how big is the risk/reward factor of reaching on the ADP factor for them, then hows the performance factor since Ive never had them before I dont have a point of reference to know how to feel about them in general. When to feel good about starting them. 

I mean, I do the research and make the best decision I can, but the fear of the unknown sometimes keeps me from drafting guys Ive never had and I want to change that. 

Any advice to not freeze up at the draft and go back to the same ol same ol? Lol!

Just trying to always get better!!

Your biases are your biases.

I don't know how many leagues you play in but when I'm in multiple, I realize that I often end up having a lot of the same players.

It's rare I have a good player on just one of my teams. Like 2016-2019 or so, I had Ezekiel Elliott on all my dynasty teams. I had Matthew Stafford on over half of them. I often even had the same kickers in most of them.

It is what it is. It's not something I would spend a lot of time worrying over. It's not a bad idea to get some new players, but you don't have to go so far with it.

Draft one or two new players and go from there.

I have more fear drafting players that I’ve drafted in the past and they didn’t perform. 

I wouldn’t let fear stop you from drafting high Quality players.  

Fear is definitely not a word I would ever associate with fantasy football. Now frustration on the other hand…

Lol! So, I guess I used the wrong verbage! Frustration is definitely a better word! Just looking for strategies to help me improve!

And you can and a couple more things to the list of certainties of life. 

DEATH

TAXES

AND

AXE ELF SNARK/SARCASM/CYNICISM

LOL!!

The most successful investment strategy is a highly UN-diversified portfolio--when you are right.

So as long as you're sticking to Axe Elf approved players, you don't really need to try drafting anyone else.

4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

The most successful investment strategy is a highly UN-diversified portfolio--when you are right.

So as long as you're sticking to Axe Elf approved players, you don't really need to try drafting anyone else.

You know what they say, trust the Elf and put the trophy on the shelf.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Or bitcoin