Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

It's Bold Prediction Time

It is always fun to look at last years predictions.

Waller was a ugly one.

On 10/25/2021 at 7:19 PM, AxeElf said:

When the Titans play the Chiefs in Week 7, Derrick Henry will throw more TD passes than Patrick Mahomes.

This would have been the winner.

Henry wont finish top 5.   I've been thinking about this for a while.  I love the player but the more I think about the team the less I am liking the situation.

my rationale:  not due to any loss of talent on his part, but the line has had a lot of changes and clearly wont be as good.

here is a link:

https://www.tsn.ca/titans-shuffling-o-line-with-undrafted-guard-fcs-tackle-1.1832014

something to think about.  Also I think the team as a whole wont be as good, and that means less garbage time carries for Henry.

hes still draftable.  Still an RB1.  I just dont think hes top 5 anymore.  I'm backing away from the Kool-aid slowly.

14 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

but the line has had a lot of changes and clearly wont be as good

According to the article that you yourself posted, it sounds like the Titans expect this year's line to be an improvement over last year's pathetic showing:

"Those are the two spots up for grabs in training camp on an offensive line looking to make serious improvement over 2021 when Ryan Tannehill was sacked 47 times — more than all but one other NFL quarterback."

One of last year's rookies appears to be answering the call:

"Then Radunz was one of the Titans' offseason award winners for how hard he worked. Offensive coordinator Todd Downing said Tuesday that Radunz has been committed to trying to improve in so many areas that they asked him to focus on including both physical development and individual techniques."

Stack the box because Brown is gone?  Sure--last year Henry faced the third-most stacked boxes (8 or more defenders in the box) in the league, behind only Taylor and Damien Harris--despite only playing in 8 games.  And in those 8 games, the difference between Henry and 2nd place (Taylor) grew to over 43 points.  In other words, there was more separation between Henry and the RB2 than there was between the RB2 and the RB13.  Henry could literally earn 5 points per week less this year, and still be the #1 RB.

This is what Henry thinks of stacked boxes:

there is a reason why its called bold predictions.

though not that bold.  I just dont think he will be the #1 RB this year.

Just remember you are counting on rookies to be the best rushing unit in the NFL.  think about that for a minute.

he will still be very good.

Not sure it is bold, but Hutchinson is a lock for DROY and some places are still giving +600.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

Just remember you are counting on rookies to be the best rushing unit in the NFL.  think about that for a minute.

Who's a rookie?

I'm counting on Henry to be the best fantasy RB in the NFL.

Think about that all season.

4 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Chase Edmonds finishes top 10  

Don't tell nobody.  :ninja:

Why wouldn’t you want nobody to know?