Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Christmas time in NYC advice

When I worked in the area we ordered from Patsy’s on 60th street between 2nd and 3rd Ave. Not sure if chain or same ownership. Was always good. 

Grimaldis and Totonnos in Brooklyn are the best - me and GFIAFP used to argue about them all the time. 

Honestly there is a lot of good pizza in NY. 

Just now, Mike Isles said:

When I worked in the area we ordered from Patsy’s on 60th street between 2nd and 3rd Ave. Not sure if chain or same ownership. Was always good. 

Grimaldis and Totonnos in Brooklyn are the best - me and GFIAFP used to argue about them all the time. 

Honestly there is a lot of good pizza in NY. 

We have Grimaldis in Charleston and had one in SA. I’m sure it’s different in NYC but the ones down here are pretty focking good so I can only imagine getting authentic NYC pizza there 

5 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Where are you staying 

Honestly not sure. Wife was the one who booked everything but I believe it’s a private apartment AirBnb she found in Brooklyn 

2 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Honestly not sure. Wife was the one who booked everything but I believe it’s a private apartment AirBnb she found in Brooklyn 

Oh boy

28 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

So you will be doing a lot of subways or Uber’s. Lyft is typically cheaper then uber. If you are near Coney Island you can check out Grimaldi or Totonnos. 
Subway is fine. No worries. $2.75 will get you anywhere you want to be. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

a couple of trips ago, we stayed at the Algonquin. It now looks like it is affiliated with Marriott.  Great location.  Are you with USAA, AAA, Marriott points?  or can you utilize your military travel discounts?

Algonquin

29 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

So you will be doing a lot of subways or Uber’s. Lyft is typically cheaper then uber. If you are near Coney Island you can check out Grimaldi or Totonnos. 
Subway is fine. No worries. $2.75 will get you anywhere you want to be. 

We were worried about the subway but if it’s fine during the day we will do that. Prob take Lyft at night cause we don’t want to be in the subway at like 12 or 1 am. Thanks for the recommendation on Lyft instead of Uber :thumbsup: 

1 minute ago, Bier Meister said:

a couple of trips ago, we stayed at the Algonquin. It now looks like it is affiliated with Marriott.  Great location.  Are you with USAA, or AAA?  or can you utilize your military travel discounts?

Algonquin

Yea we are with USAA. 

• Like 1