Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Christmas time in NYC advice

I was there 2 weeks ago, it was fine.

I did get vax carded dining in a michelin star restaurant.  Did not get carded anywhere else, coffee shop, stores, etc.

• Like 1

Just now, Mrs. Voltaire said:

I was there 2 weeks ago, it was fine.

I did get vax carded dining in a michelin star restaurant.  Did not get carded anywhere else, coffee shop, stores, etc.

Cool, so you’re one of the millions of people not victimized by crime while you were there. Sucks for the ones that were though, and there are more and more of them now. Which is the point. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Cool, so you’re one of the millions of people not victimized by crime while you were there. Sucks for the ones that were though, and there are more and more of them now. Which is the point. 

Of course crime has gone up, we heard you.

5 minutes ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

Of course crime has gone up, we heard you.

Good. Then you can stop saying it’s safe. Of course it’s safe, relatively speaking. It’s not as safe as it was though, and that’s the issue.  And it was made unsafe by liberal politicians and their policy and commoners like yourself that downplay it. Put your ideology aside for once and just say the policies instituted are not working, and they are a dangerous, miserable failure, getting more people hurt and killed than before. Unless you think that’s not a big deal. Then just say that. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Good. Then you can stop saying it’s safe. Of course it’s safe, relatively speaking. It’s not as safe as it was though, and that’s the issue.  And it was made unsafe by liberal politicians and their policy and commoners like yourself that downplay it. Put your ideology aside for once and just say the policies instituted are not working, and they are a dangerous, miserable failure, getting more people hurt and killed than before. Unless you think that’s not a big deal. Then just say that. 

I agree with you that Deblasio has been sh1t and his policies have resulted in the city being less safer, 100%

My whole point is that it's not a sh!thole.

People like you try and act like the sky is falling because you want your ideology to be proven right.  If you cared less about your ideology winning, then maybe you wouldn't be such an insufferable pr!ck.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

I agree with you that Deblasio has been sh1t and his policies have resulted in the city being less safer, 100%

My whole point is that it's not a sh!thole.

People like you try and act like the sky is falling because you want your ideology to be proven right.  If you cared less about your ideology winning, then maybe you wouldn't be such an insufferable pr!ck.

My ideology? The one that wants safety for people, less of them victimized? Yes, I want my ideology proven right.  That entails showing the other ideology is a failure, because it is. Such a I am. And so what that it’s not a hole? Doesn’t t mean it’s safe because the buildings are in good shape and Central Park is manicured. 

Don't waste your time going to NYC,  that's the advice.    The most overrated city on the planet.     

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 3:48 PM, Djgb13 said:

Yea we planned on strolling through Central Park. Last time I went to NYC I wasn’t old enough to drink so I’m lookin forward to hitting up a few unique bars :cheers: 

Been a half dozen times between thanksgiving and Christmas. Best time to go IMO. Stayed at the Marriott Marquee. Great place and in the middle of everything. Can get great deals if you look a lot online. Three great restaurants off the beaten path. Lomardis Pizzarea is my favorite pizza place I’ve ever had. Woo Hop in China Town. And there’s a hotel that has a restaurant that spins and has a chocolate bar that just serves dessert and wine/champagne and cheese trays and fruit. Very romantic at night. Great view of the city. Radio City Music Hall does the Nutcracker with the Rocketes. Went kicking and screaming but ended up really enjoying it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Masshole said:

Don't waste your time going to NYC,  that's the advice.    The most overrated city on the planet.     

Ridiculous.

Take the subway. Very easy to learn when you are sober. Go to the Natural Museum of History across from Central Park. Strawberry Fields is right near there. In Grand Central Station there’s a corridor that is 70 plus feet wide that has an unusual arch. If you stand on one side of it and the person you want to bang stands on the other, you can whisper sweet nothings and hear it as if you’re right next to them. Instant panty dropper. 

8 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

What would you expect from a Masshole

Nothing intelligent. 

1 hour ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Woo Hop in China Town. 

It's Wo Hop. :rolleyes:

I'm from NJ and spent my youth in NYC. Keep in mind, I'm a walking and riding the subway person. If it were me, I'd have lunch at the Plaza Hotel (in the basement) then I'd walk across the street to Central Park. Then I'd walk over to go to St. Patrick's Cathedral and look around there and then walk to Rockefellar Center and go ice skating. You can then walk over to Times Square and hang out there for a while. 

The Museum of Natural History is awesome but will take up a lot of your time. 

2 minutes ago, peenie said:

It's Wo Hop. :rolleyes:

I'm from NJ and spent my youth in NYC. Keep in mind, I'm a walking and riding the subway person. If it were me, I'd have lunch at the Plaza Hotel (in the basement) then I'd walk across the street to Central Park. Then I'd walk over to go to St. Patrick's Cathedral and look around there and then go to Rockefellar Center and go ice skating. 

The Museum of Natural History is awesome but will take up a lot of your time. 

I spent a lot of time at the museum. Best curated I’ve ever seen. 

Roll your eyes at me because I added an “o”🤟🏿

• Haha 1

The Museum of Natural History is great, but it’s full of rude Chinese people with zero concept of personal space. Just knock them out of the way. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Museum of Natural History is great, but it’s full of rude Chinese people with zero concept of personal space. Just knock them out of the way. 

Tell them you rike rumber too. 

8 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Do some typical New York things like pee on the subway. 

When you gotta go you gotta go

13 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Do some typical New York things like pee on the subway. 

Not on the third rail. 

One thing that bummed us out was you have to bring your own skates to ice skate at the Rockefeller tree 

On 10/31/2021 at 6:09 PM, 5-Points said:

If I ever had to be in NY, you'd be the first person I'd talk to. Not for free stuff, just to steer clear of the shitshow. 

Also, I'd want to get your take on the best pizza. 

Also, also, drinks. 

Lombardis!!!Oldest original in NY.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Not on the third rail. 

Myth!!!

57 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

One thing that bummed us out was you have to bring your own skates to ice skate at the Rockefeller tree 

Since when? You went to NYC already?

Admission prices range from $20 to $54 per person depending on the date and time of day. Skate rentals are available for $10.

NBC News NY

2 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

You don’t. Trust me. 

3 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Macy's building windows and light show if not already mentioned.

34th street is a jungle. Saks Fifth Ave better Windows and light show

2 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

34th street is a jungle. Saks Fifth Ave better Windows and light show

Yes sir thank you.  I'm trying to envision it in my head from actionkid on youtube.  It's Sak's.  I'm trying to envision the lighting over the doors.

Haven't read a werd in this thread,   anyone say stay away yet?  If not,  are you focking stupid? 

2 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Haven't read a werd in this thread,   anyone say stay away yet?  If not,  are you focking stupid? 

Please do. Thank you

On 12/3/2021 at 8:38 PM, fandandy said:

Yes sir thank you.  I'm trying to envision it in my head from actionkid on youtube.  It's Sak's.  I'm trying to envision the lighting over the doors.

Ex wife worked there. There’s an entire floor for wemens shoes. Third floor I think. That floor has they’re own zip code. 

So we will be flying in Thursday. What’s a good pizza place to check out? Also, any Italian restaurant recommendations? 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

So we will be flying in Thursday. What’s a good pizza place to check out? Also, any Italian restaurant recommendations? 

Lombardis! 

• Like 1

Make sure you bring pepper spray and a rape whistle. I hear Manhattan is a dystopian wasteland these days. You might want to watch The Warriors or Escape from NY to get a sense of what you’re in for. :thumbsup: 

• Haha 1

And Patsy's for Italian. Hard to get a reservation this time of year, but incredible food and ambiance. Frank Sinatra called the morning of Thanksgiving long ago and asked if they were open. Response “We are now,”

2 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

And Patsy's for Italian. Hard to get a reservation this time of year, but incredible food and ambiance. Frank Sinatra called the morning of Thanksgiving long ago and asked if they were open. Response “We are now,”

That's awesome. 

I've never heard of them. One day I'll have to check it out. 

21 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

That’s pretty cool of them. Which Patsys are you referring to though? Brooklyn, 1st Ave, or 2nd Ave?