Djgb13

Drone geeks: looking for advice

I’m wanting to get a drone but one with a good camera. My plan is to take it with us when we vacation time different places and fly it to look at the scenery. I plan on getting a VR headset to pair with it so I can see what it’s recording while actively flying it. Not looking to spend over $400 for one. Any suggestions? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

I’m wanting to get a drone but one with a good camera. My plan is to take it with us when we vacation time different places and fly it to look at the scenery. I plan on getting a VR headset to pair with it so I can see what it’s recording while actively flying it. Not looking to spend over $400 for one. Any suggestions? 

Just strap your iphone to a jart and throw it high in the air

17 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

You can find a decent drone around $400-500 bucks with 4K cameras, but I'm not sure you are going to be able to get a VR headset and still keep the price that low. Second, be prepared to spend some time learning how to fly them.  Even with the 'beginner' ones their is a learning curve.

Last, you need to know the 'rules' governing drones in different locations.  As a video company, we need to have insurance and certified pilots.  Generally that's not the case with civilians but I wouldn't just launch one without at least a google search of local restrictions and stuff. And you might want to look into cheap insurance anyway---there are a few companies that will set it up so you can get insurance per flight with a phone app.  It would suck to be on vacation and have the thing crash into somebody, break something and be out of pocket for it. 

I'm not a drone pilot, but there are 4 certified one's in our office, so if you want I can put you in touch with one, just PM. 

Wiff is the drone king. Focking drones on and on and on

• Haha 1

I drink too much to do certain things in life. Fly drones and ride motorcycles are at the top of the list. 

I think it would cost a lot more than 400, especially with a VR headset.  That would awesome though.  

If you're in a remote wooded setting will a hawk take offense to the invasion of its airspace and bring the drone to a forest grave?

23 minutes ago, Flipper said:

If you're in a remote wooded setting will a hawk take offense to the invasion of its airspace and bring the drone to a forest grave?

You would need prior written permission to fly and it is extremely difficult to find a hawk who can spell, let alone write.