Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Rapper shot dead

1 minute ago, peenie said:

Well, I think if these guys were dying during drug deals then yes I’d agree they got what they deserved but it’s over arguments that happened in ‘da club that spilled out into the parking lot or a rapper getting robbed or shot due to words said disrespectfully. Maybe I’m just naive about it all.

just remember youre only as pure as your worst of your entourage

he hung out with some crazy shady focks, part of the life

“Rap: so many words, so little said. What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he said. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it, and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.”

“I never really understood why someone would want to have some gangster from LA poking his fingers in your face,” he added. “As I say, it don’t grab me. I mean the rhythms are boring – they’re all done on computers.”

How will Santa delivery presents now :(

"I am looking forward to the death of rap. I'm looking forward to music coming back to lyrics and melody, instead of just talking. A song, as far as I'm concerned, is by definition lyric and melody … or just melody."

"When Kanye gets to a point where he can actually put a couple of notes together either vocally or two bars of valid music playing an instrument, then he might have a right to criticize somebody else. Until then I think he’s just talking to hear the sound of his own voice. The whole kinda cut-and-paste thing is a certain kind of artform all by itself. I don't know if I call it songwriting from a musician's standpoint."

"It fosters almost totally negative and destructive reactions in young people. It smells phony and false. It is sung, played and written for the most part by cretinous goons and by means of its almost imbecilic reiterations and sly, lewd—in plain fact dirty—lyrics, and as I said before, it manages to be the martial music of every sideburned delinquent on the face of the earth.

This rancid smelling aphrodisiac I deplore. But, in spite of it, the contribution of American music to the world could be said to have one of the healthiest effects of all our contributions.”