Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Rams at Cardinals: MNF Discussion

Jalen Ramsey being out tonight is huge for Deandre Hopkins investors.  Ramsey follows him around and takes pride in making life hard for Nuk.  

Inactives

Rams: C Brian Allen, OT Tremayne Anchrum, LB Chris Garrett, LB Terrell Lewis, QB Bryce Perkins

Cardinals: C Beau Brinkley, DT Zach Kerr, QB Trace McSorley, OT Joshua Miles

Some good and bad from that guy Skowronek.  Had to know he didn't catch that ball, and even if he did he would've been down, but he gets up and runs with it like an idiot and gets body slammed.  That's the bad.

The good though is the defender tried that subtle move players love to do to disrespect a guy by walking over him after the body slam and he threw his cleat up in the air on purpose, but pretending like it's an accident and catching the guy right in the groin as he tried to step over him.

I haven't seen Rondale Moore play much this year, but he seems to have some great balance.  Safety made a gorgeous read and had a clean hit on him to potentially stop the first down on that little bubble screen and he ran right through it.

James Conner with an absolute snag.  Winking after the fact and the whole nine yards.  Cardinals looking fairly locked in here. 

I could've used one of those cheap close in Hopkins TDs on that trip in the redzone, but the tip pick inside the 5 thwarted my dreams.

Okay, my weekly commentary on commercials.  Why the hell is DeVante Adams' drive to be an NFL receiver from back when he was a kid have one damn thing to do with Courtyard Marriot?

That ball that got picked on that tip from Donald might've been picked by the guy covering the TE even if it wasn't tipped.

Damn, Kupp had freaking 103 receptions already.  I know Michael Thomas probably has the record with what?  Around 160ish?  Kupp has 3.75 games to beat that.  I guess that's a lot to ask.

I guess the record is 149.  Probably still out of reach.  Would need about 12 per game or so.

They weren't kidding when they said they were missing Higbe.  These backup TEs can't block for sh¡t

Hey Zona...maybe cover that Kupp guy!

I hear he's their WHOLE pass game offense!

So I guess the celebration is someone trying to murder OBJ, but he wrestles the gun away and shoots his attacker instead?

5 minutes ago, nobody said:

So I guess the celebration is someone trying to murder OBJ, but he wrestles the gun away and shoots his attacker instead?

I just looked at it again.  He definitely gets shot there.  He grabbed the barrel and put it right in front of his face. RIP OBJ 😭

Cardinals looked good until that tip interception and now Rams are firmly controlling the game.  Cards need a momentum play back in their favor.

Skowronek seems like that guy in the pick up basketball game that blocks out way more aggressively than he needs to.  It's like, "Dude, I'm not even trying to get around you."

Nice little helmet to helmet on the QB.  I notice they call those less and less as the season wears on every year.

In week 1, a guy's hand grazes the ear hole and it's a penalty.  By week 14, a guy needs to get decapitated to get a call.

Conner stands in the middle of a zone while Kyler Murray runs for his life and eventually drills him in the chest with the ball.  Griese tells us what a great job Conner did.

Don't listen to Griese.  Those weren't back-to-back fades to Hopkins.  The first one was a speed out by Hopkins.

Honestly, I think the second one was supposed to be an out or a back shoulder as well, but Hopkins looks like he was expecting a fade.

I guess the Van Jefferson Era has come to an end.

• Haha 1

It looks like OBJ is taking a bit of the Woods role.  I'd expect Van Jefferson will get a deep shot at some point.

These defenders are really starting to read these screens.  That's a 1st down if Golston doesn't read it.

Weak call.  Damn near incidental contact.  And there's Van Jeff's deep shot.

Stafford is lucky Van Jefferson pushed the DB down.  That might have been picked. 

Kupp finally showing signs of wear and tear.  This 3rd and long will have to go to someone else while he walks that off.

• Confused 1

Jesus Christ.  The guy in the background screaming as loud as he can is annoying as hell.

I don’t get it. It’s so easy to control Murray, I’ve been saying it since he came on the scene. Keep him in the pocket. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t get it. It’s so easy to control Murray, I’ve been saying it since he came on the scene. Keep him in the pocket. 

Lol.