Mike Isles

Dave Grohl. The Storyteller.

31 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Link? 

Flores Brothers Springsteen. Check it out 

You can also check out Philly Elvis Springsteen  1:35 mark. 

7 hours ago, Strike said:

I hate Nirvana, and the Foo Fighters are not my favorite band but I like a few of their songs.  However, anyone who does this with his fans is pretty cool in my book:

Yeah. What a total doosh. 

Porkbutt and HT are jerking each other off here. I am not a fan of Dave’s music either but always thought he came off as genuine, reading his book he is. And I certainly do not care what his politics are. He talks lovingly about his mom and daughters. Good dude. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Yeah. More Dooshy stuff. Genuine guy and fan of Rock n Roll - I am not obsessed as it seems - it’s just as I read the book I check out YouTube and it proves what I am reading. 

Lastly I will leave you 2 Dumbas$ with this. 
( I saw it years ago but reminded of it in the book). Yeah he’s such a doosh. 

26 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Lastly I will leave you 2 Dumbas$ with this. 
( I saw it years ago but reminded of it in the book). Yeah he’s such a doosh. 

You’re only providing more proof that he’s a doosh. HTH. 

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You’re only providing more proof that he’s a doosh. HTH. 

Wow. How is that ? That was a great eulogy- don’t even bother answering - No one will speak as well as Dave did to Lemmy at your empty wake - Maybe get Porkbutt to lie. 

30 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Wow. How is that ? That was a great eulogy- don’t even bother answering - No one will speak as well as Dave did to Lemmy at your empty wake - Maybe get Porkbutt to lie. 

Yup. Grohl is always in the place to be saying all the right things. He’s latched onto everyone in the history of rock it seems. Did you see him induct Rush into the rock n roll HOF? Clown. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yup. Grohl is always in the place to be saying all the right things. He’s latched onto everyone in the history of rock it seems. Did you see him induct Rush into the rock n roll HOF? Clown. 

I said don’t bother answering troll. I have zero interest in what you have to say. Take your agenda and stick it up PBs Butt. 
Maybe read the book then I will engage with you. Right now you are one sighted by his political stance. and done with this conversation 

10 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

I said don’t bother answering troll. I have zero interest in what you have to say. Take your agenda and stick it up PBs Butt. 
Maybe read the book then I will engage with you. Right now you are one sighted by his political stance. and done with this conversation 

I never once mentioned his political stance. I’ve been to more Springsteen concerts than most of New Jersey.  Think I dig his politics? I just saw Jimmy Buffett at Jones Beach in August. He’s a liberal too. 

HT doesn’t like Grohl for the same reason he won’t see Springsteen live anymore: They’re liberal Democrats.

You know it, I know it, he knows it.

Sad little man.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

HT doesn’t like Grohl for the same reason he won’t see Springsteen live anymore: They’re liberal Democrats.

You know it, I know it, he knows it.

Sad little man.

The last concert I saw was Jimmy Buffett. I saw Springsteen on Broadway 2 years ago. Nice try. 

On 12/30/2021 at 9:25 AM, MLCKAA said:

Hate him?  Nah.  Seems like an average guy.  But the music just doesn’t move me.  I’d describe it as bland.

This

i didn't even know his politics til this thread. but coulda guessed. has zero to do with opinion of the guy. mostly i dont give the guy a second thought. just seems like a doosh to me is all. always talking, always look at me type stuff. and like said above…ff music is real meh. way overrated and nirvana is next level overrated. thats all.  

• Thanks 1

Never been a huge FF fan. Couple ok songs.  Nirvana similar.  Would not call him a doosh because I’ve never paid all that much attention to him.  Wouldn’t call him a great guy either.  

20 minutes ago, DuckStupid said:

Never been a huge FF fan. Couple ok songs.  Nirvana similar.  Would not call him a doosh because I’ve never paid all that much attention to him.  Wouldn’t call him a great guy either.  

The real question is.... Dave Grohl vs. A stupid duck.  

Who wins?

On 12/29/2021 at 5:48 PM, Mike Isles said:

I’m not done but a great read. Dave is an awesome human being. I wish I could be as cool as him. 

My wife just bought this for me, and I'll be reading it at the beach this week