Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

The Broncos are on fire!

dumpster fire maybe

Broncos are 52-79 since winning the SB and they’ve had 7 straight losing seasons.

Does this means the Jets are definitely drafting a QB at 10 now? They don't have a long term solution behind Rodgers. 

I think they'd be very wise to invest in the QB position while they can. 

2 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Does this means the Jets are definitely drafting a QB at 10 now? They don't have a long term solution behind Rodgers. 

I think they'd be very wise to invest in the QB position while they can. 

Not with their first pick... but I can see them trying to move back into the first round if there's a guy they like that's falling further than expected.

17 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Not with their first pick... but I can see them trying to move back into the first round if there's a guy they like that's falling further than expected.

I think thats doubtful.   Doubtful on a QB early either way.  They dont have a ton of fire power this year.   Theyd be trading picks to go up for a Nix basically.  Of course if they love a guy then they just may.  

They hitched their wagon to Rodgers.  They are trying to win something this year or next.  

15 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Doubtful on a QB early either way

I think they have no choice but to draft a QB early. Their next pick isn't until the 3rd round. They need to look ahead. 

4 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I think they have no choice but to draft a QB early. Their next pick isn't until the 3rd round. They need to look ahead. 

The Jets aren’t going to trade up for Rogers backup / heir apparent or stay out at 10 and waste a pick on Nix or Pennix when they have other needs.

Just now, MDC said:

The Jets aren’t going to trade up for Rogers backup

Not for Rodgers backup, for their next starter. Rodgers is out after this season. 

22 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Why do they need a QB right this second?   Rodgers is old.  But you dont just go forcing QBs to sit on the bench.  

If they are in love with one then maybe.  But they are trying to win.  They just traded for Rodgers.   And had a lost season.   They arent going to half ass it.  Why go trade for Rodgers if you are quickly going to draft a QB and look to the future?  Makes little sense to me.  

19 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Not for Rodgers backup, for their next starter. Rodgers is out after this season. 

I got back on the practice field late in the season and couldn't get to a top speed sprinting, but really been in a good place rehab-wise, from the start, and feeling really good," Rodgers told Bravo. "I'm hopeful I can play two or three or four more years, but you need to have some good fortune in there to."

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Why do they need a QB right this second 

How did last year go when Rodgers went down? 

They're in a nice spot to draft their future QB, they may not get a crack at one next year. 

Rodgers is up at the end of the year and presumably not coming back, even if he does, they still need a QB. 

2 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

How did last year go when Rodgers went down? 

They're in a nice spot to draft their future QB, they may not get a crack at one next year. 

Rodgers is up at the end of the year and presumably not coming back, even if he does, they still need a QB. 

A strongly disagree with all of it.  

We will see.  

30 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Any QB available at 10 will be a wasted pick and NYJ aren’t trading up to 2-3, they’re trying to be relevant this year.

Just now, MDC said:

Any QB available at 10 will be a wasted pick and NYJ aren’t trading up to 2-3, they’re trying to be relevant this year.

They have to address the QB position at some point. Someone will be there at 10. I'm not saying it's going to happen, I think they take Bowers but they have to strongly consider taking a QB if one falls. 

13 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

They have to address the QB position at some point. Someone will be there at 10. I'm not saying it's going to happen, I think they take Bowers but they have to strongly consider taking a QB if one falls. 

Williams Maye and Daniels are definitely gone by 10 and McCarthy may be too. Jets will have several high quality options at OT, DL and maybe WR at 10. I just can’t see them drafting a second tier QB like Pennix or Nix that high with Rogers making so much $ on the last year of his deal.

Then again, the Jets are a dumb organization. :dunno: 

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

Williams Maye and Daniels are definitely gone by 10

They said the same about Will Levis last season, he fell to pick 33. If anyone falls it's Maye. 

6 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

I think thats doubtful.   Doubtful on a QB early either way.  They dont have a ton of fire power this year.   Theyd be trading picks to go up for a Nix basically.  Of course if they love a guy then they just may.  

They hitched their wagon to Rodgers.  They are trying to win something this year or next.  

Yeah, never mind.  Didn't realize they didn't have a 2nd rd pick. 

5 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

They said the same about Will Levis last season, he fell to pick 33. If anyone falls it's Maye. 

(Original post)

Someone might have said that, but I don't remember anyone mocking Levis as a top 10 pick in the NFL draft.

(Googles "2023 NFL Mock Draft before posting)

Seven-round 2023 NFL mock draft: Texans pick Will Levis 2nd; Vikings trade up for Anthony Richardson

Very first hit.   Sigh.    

Also, can you imagine the hissy fit Rodgers throws if the Jets trade up for a QB?    😂🤣😂🤣

5 hours ago, gas said:

(Original post)

Someone might have said that, but I don't remember anyone mocking Levis as a top 10 pick in the NFL draft.

(Googles "2023 NFL Mock Draft before posting)

Seven-round 2023 NFL mock draft: Texans pick Will Levis 2nd; Vikings trade up for Anthony Richardson

Very first hit.   Sigh.    

Levis was ranked as the 4th ranked QB coming out last season. I really think Maye is this years Levis. I doubt he'd fall as far as Levis did but I wouldn't be surprised at all. 

I don't think Rodgers would throw a hissy fit at this point, and who cares if he does? He's old and coming off a major injury. Again, I seriously doubt they'll take a QB early, but this would be their chance to reload. BTW, I'm a Levis fan, I think he's going to be a very good NFL QB. He just needs to mature a bit. 

4. Kentucky image Will Levis, QB, Kentucky
Height: 6-4. Weight: 229. Arm: 32. Hand: 10.63.
Projected 40 Time: 4.75.
Projected Round (2023): 1

You act like you have never seen a bridge QB or a rebuild year.  

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

You act like you have never seen a bridge QB or a rebuild year.  

Remember a guy named Jordan Love? That worked out ok, a bridge QB, Rodgers bridge.

Well, they need a Jordan Love. I'm not worried about Rodgers feelings if I'm the GM. 

Again!!! I'm not saying or think it will happen but they need to at least consider it if they look up and one of the top 4 QBs are staring them in the face. 

9 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Remember a guy named Jordan Love? That worked out ok, a bridge QB, Rodgers bridge.

Well, they need a Jordan Love. I'm not worried about Rodgers feelings if I'm the GM. 

Again!!! I'm not saying or think it will happen but they need to at least consider it if they look up and one of the top 4 QBs are staring them in the face. 

Just because the Packers have done it doesn't mean its easy to just do that and teams should just be picking QBs 2 years early just because.  

GB didnt trade picks for Rodgers a year prior to drafting Love.   He had been on the team for a long time and basically wanted to leave.  That situation isnt the same.  

If 1 of those guys were to be there....they probably will not be.  But if they were, it doesnt mean the Jets thrmseleves have to like the QB that were to fall.  

They dont pick again until 72.  So take a QB and half azz it with Rodgers?  Thatd be a colossal waste of time and resources.  

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

They dont pick again until 72.  So take a QB and half azz it with Rodgers?  Thatd be a colossal waste of time and resources

I'm not arguing with you. My question to you is, if they're on the clock at 10 and somehow a Drake Maye or McCarthy is sitting there, don't they have to at least consider it? Especially if the top 3 WRs and Bowers are all gone? 

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I'm not arguing with you. My question to you is, if they're on the clock at 10 and somehow a Drake Maye or McCarthy is sitting there, don't they have to at least consider it? Especially if the top 3 WRs and Bowers are all gone? 

If theyve loved one of those guys through the process then yeah.  Everything changes with who you love.   If GB didnt absolutely love Jordan Love then they wouldnt have picked a QB early that year.  

Im expecting thrm to be there.  When I originally responded I thought you meant grab a Bo or Penix at 10.  

Again it all depends if they believe a certain QB is it and a future great player.  They could also trade out of there if one is there and get a good haul.   

If they draft one at 10 they are basically letting the next couple years just go to waste.  They dont pick again until 72.  They would be almost giving up on thr big move they just made.  If Rodgers plays decent and it upright and wants to play again, he will be the starting NYJs QB next year as well. 

12 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

If they draft one at 10 they are basically letting the next couple years just go to waste. 

Rodgers will be 41 years old this season, coming off an Achilles. He may never be the same or even make it through this season. The window closed the second he went down with that Achilles.

I think you're grossly over valuing Rodgers at this point of his career. 

5 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Rodgers will be 41 years old this season, coming off an Achilles. He may never be the same or even make it through this season. 

I think you're grossly over valuing Rodgers at this point of his career. 

They just traded for him.  His rehab went great.  Im not saying he will be amazing now.  But Jets made the move.   You cant just back out now.  Its like buying a stock and then selling at first signs of any losses.  Itd be a waste ot time and money and really amateruish.  

Its not about how good Rodgers will be this year.  Its about thr Jets have already made their bed.  To now go pick a QB at 10 would be spastic and like I said amateur hour.  

3 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

If that happened, I think they trade down with Denver or Vegas to jump over the Vikings.  They could drop to #13 with Vegas and pick up #44.  Maybe get #12, #76, & #121 from Denver.  Dropping down to add a 2nd (which they don't have), or another 3rd and 4th is more valuable than taking a QB.  If McCarthy or Maye are sitting there at #10, odds are that Penix and Nix are as well.  If that's the case, the Jets may be able to pull of getting #11 and #23 from the Vikings so that the Jets don't trade the pick to Denver or Vegas.  They still may be able to get #12 or #13 from Denver or Vegas so that they may get their guy.  I think it's very reasonable that pick #10 could end up getting the Jets #12, #23, #76, & #121.  At that point, they take the players at #12, 23, 72, & 76 to help "now", and use #111 or 121 to get a guy like Spencer Rattler or someone like that.

I hope all the teams take qbs in round 1

5 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

I hope all the teams take qbs in round 1

Maybe kc can take rashee rice again. 

6 hours ago, double tour said:

Maybe kc can take rashee rice again. 

Maybe I should report you again :banana:

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Maybe I should report you again :banana:

Well, that's your style, but it didn't seem to work. Are you sad?

3 hours ago, double tour said:

Well, that's your style, but it didn't seem to work. Are you sad?

Maybe you shouldn't use racial slurs.  Bigot.

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Maybe you shouldn't use racial slurs.  Bigot.

WTF? 😆 You liberals live strange worlds. 

2 hours ago, double tour said:

WTF? 😆 You liberals live strange worlds. 

U R AND IDIOT

do you not realize I worked for years for a GOP Congressman?  You called someone out using the "n" word and the asterisks (******) made it evidently clear what you said.  Mike agreed cause he banhammered your ass.

Right @Mike FF Today ?

7 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

U R AND IDIOT

do you not realize I worked for years for a GOP Congressman?  You called someone out using the "n" word and the asterisks (******) made it evidently clear what you said.  Mike agreed cause he banhammered your ass.

I've never been banned. 21 years. Are you like 75 years old and emotionally injured? It's an anonymous website for God's sake. How do you get so hurt?  😆

On 4/24/2024 at 4:53 PM, cmh6476 said:

U R AND IDIOT

Why are you so harmed about some dude calling out a piece of crap human?

And what is the "n word" you are talking about? Are you saying the word without saying it? So it's ok to say, "n word", but not "n*"? So you reported some guy who did what you are doing now?

Are you seriously mentally ill? You are absolutely lost in life. OMG!! A "GOP Congressman". :shocking: That is about as meaningless as dog poops in some midwest open field.

You are human trash if you stand up for someone putting lives in danger. But OMG, "it's ok if they are a certain race!!!"

You are the worst and you can keep chasing aliases around this site because that seems like you as an almighty GOP Congressman.  Go hook up with Pelosi. That's your style it seems.