Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Carr or Cousins

its a 2 QB league.   there may be a potential trade for me.

I have cousins.

Past few seasons looks like Cousins as been slightly better in avg.  

i think with the addition on Adams that could tilt to Carr.  

I still expect them to post very similar ff points.  

7 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Past few seasons looks like Cousins as been slightly better in avg.  

i think with the addition on Adams that could tilt to Carr.  

I still expect them to post very similar ff points.  

this was my thought as well.

and Carr is younger so I figured there may be some benefit to having the younger player

Depends on the cost.  I don't necessarily think there's a major upgrade there, so I wouldn't give up a lot.

Must be some kind of keeper league, if you're trading at this point in the season (and because you also touched on youth as a factor), so in a one-for-one trade I'd take Carr.

They're about the same in all honesty.

You pretty much know what you're getting with either.

That is a borderline starter/ excellent QB2.

I would take Cousins, just because I think he's slightly more consistent than Carr. I don't think the age difference factors in much at all.

It's not like Cousins is really old, and it's not like either is gonna be a long term keeper that makes or breaks your team.

thanks for the feedback guys.

and yes it is a keeper league.  12 teams.  

each of us starts 2 QB.   so very much like superflex leagues, there is not enough QB to go around.   so when you have a couple good ones, you usually keep them to keep your championship window open as long as possible.  once the window closes it can sometimes take some time to restock the shelves. 

I was thinking trading Cousins for Carr might extend that window a couple of years.

On 6/5/2022 at 11:48 AM, Ray_T said:

I was thinking trading Cousins for Carr might extend that window a couple of years.

If that's the trade, I'd do it.  As I said in my initial post, they're not much different.  I do think Cousins is a little more consistent... though, that's only my perception, I could be wrong.  Essentially, this is like I'm drafting and I'm deciding between these two, I'm taking Carr because of the upside.

Now, if there's more to the trade and you have to give up more, I'd need to know what that "more" is.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If that's the trade, I'd do it.  As I said in my initial post, they're not much different.  I do think Cousins is a little more consistent... though, that's only my perception, I could be wrong.  Essentially, this is like I'm drafting and I'm deciding between these two, I'm taking Carr because of the upside.

Now, if there's more to the trade and you have to give up more, I'd need to know what that "more" is.

totally fair.   I have not made the offer yet, but I know the guy who has Carr is a Minny fan so I was thinking this is a deal I could probably make.