Sign in to follow this  
Nomad99

No.....it's not a widespread problem ๐Ÿ™„

19 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

I don't want poor people at my kids school because in general poor people are dumb. They make dumb kids and cause more trouble than they are worth. They think if they send their kid to a "good" school their kid will do well. In most cases, they won't and just bring down the other kids.ย 

I am firmly against school of choice and other than paying for private/church school I don't know why Republicans are for it.

Equal opportunity for everyone.

19 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Parents who send their kids to private schools are better parents. ย And it shows.ย 

*have wealthier

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

Equal opportunity for everyone.

Nah I suspect it's because many religions people send their kids to the church school and want their tax dollars to pay for it. Can't blame them, but I don't want the riffraff in my good public schools

59 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Nah I suspect it's because many religions people send their kids to the church school and want their tax dollars to pay for it. Can't blame them, but I don't want the riffraff in my good public schools

Generally what happens is that the kids who actually want to go to school to learn, will be the ones who travel out of district to go to another school.ย  The usual outcome of school choice is that the inner city schools get worse because the smart kids, the ones who care, get out.ย  The riff raff stays put.

This is why the Left is against school choice.ย  It's because they know their policies are a big fail and when the smart/good kids get out, the failure of the system gets magnified.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Generally what happens is that the kids who actually want to go to school to learn, will be the ones who travel out of district to go to another school.ย  The usual outcome of school choice is that the inner city schools get worse because the smart kids, the ones who care, get out.ย  The riff raff stay put.

Moreso parents who expect more from their kids. I'm all for moving away from low expectation, underachieving, violent, stupid people. Segregation doesn't simply apply to race.

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It was little more detailed and a lot more retarded than that. Nice try though. Even so, you fail to take volume into account.ย 

Then prove what I said otherwise or once again GTFO.

22 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Generally what happens is that the kids who actually want to go to school to learn, will be the ones who travel out of district to go to another school.ย  The usual outcome of school choice is that the inner city schools get worse because the smart kids, the ones who care, get out.ย  The riff raff stays put.

This is why the Left is against school choice.ย  It's because they know their policies are a big fail and when the smart/good kids get out, the failure of the system gets magnified.

I know that's what is supposed to happen but in reality at least what my wife has seen teaching for the last 20 years is the out of district kids cause more trouble.

Just now, Cdub100 said:

I know that's what is supposed to happen but in reality at least what my wife has seen teaching for the last 20 years is the out of district kids cause more trouble.

That's not what's happening here.ย  Guessing it's a district by district thing.