Sign in to follow this  
Reality

It's a real shame what's happened to the FBI.

On 8/11/2022 at 6:30 AM, Hawkeye21 said:

Remember when Trump drained the swamp?

When one drains a swamp the drying silt releases horribly fetid swamp gases.  That, combined with the dying fish and amphibians creates a nearly unbearable stench.

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

When one drains a swamp the drying silt releases horribly fetid swamp gases.  That, combined with the dying fish and amphibians creates a nearly unbearable stench.

Then it fills back in and becomes a swamp again.

On 5/21/2023 at 8:35 AM, RLLD said:

When Trump wins, I hope he is able to clense that agency.  And while Democrats deserve to have an FBI populated with conservative agents that treat them like sh!t, we cannot have this.

The FBI has got to be impartial and fair, staying within the law and not playing it to favor their political ideology.  We cannot have a pendulumn swing.  I know folks here crave that, to give "them" back some of what they dished out, and I understand to a degree.

I am not suggesting they do not deserve it, I am simply saying conservatives should be better.  Someone needs to be the adult. 

I have observed that the high road generally has very little traffic while the low road is always congested.

On 5/22/2023 at 3:17 PM, dogcows said:

But government is not “us vs them” in America. We govern ourselves. Abraham Lincoln saidgovernment of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.”

I never understood the GOP movement to say that government is terrible and out to get you. And yet… they run for office, pass laws, restrict voting, gerrymander to stay in power, all with zero sense of irony. If government truly is so bad, why do they work so hard to entrench themselves into the leadership of it? It’s a talking point meant to attack the other political party, nothing more.

No he did not.  He did not say it or state it, he implored that we be mindful that it does not.  He recognized that it could and saw that possibility as a great evil to be assiduously avoided.

31 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

No he did not.  He did not say it or state it, he implored that we be mindful that it does not.  He recognized that it could and saw that possibility as a great evil to be assiduously avoided.

That dude just says stuff.

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

So I just watched the Netflix documentary on the Hulk Hogan sextape trial, and I found myself thinking IDGAF if his defense was bankrolled by Peter Thiel and structured to put Gawker out of business. Putting a sextape out there without the consent of the people depicted for clicks under the auspices that it's newsworthy is reprehensible and those turds got what they deserved. While it smacks a bit of oligarchy, it is not a First Amendment issue for a rich folks to use their $$ to sway the news either by what Thiel did or what Roger Ailes did or by what Ted Turner did. Clearly, every MSM outlet owned by a billionaire or conglomerate is subject to this, so finding trustworthy and independent journalism is a skill that everyone should acquire (and I'm heartened by Ray's link to NPR).

These fockers, however, used the power of the government to harass and intimidate a legit news organization in clear contradiction of the Constitution, and anyone involved should be prosecuted for that crime.

The organization is inherently corrupt and has been from the beginning, just like the CIA.  The whole damn building they reside in is named after J. Edgar Hoover.   The dude would hire hookers and entrap politicians so he could blackmail them.  Hoover had enough files on JFK to blackmail him and force him to select LBJ (Hoover's friend and neighbor) as his running mate. 

Hoover was probably better than Dulles's CIA since he did not go around killing people, but still corrupt as hell.   We have not had a real Democracy in this country for 100 years.  We elect figure heads who have no control over the estsblishment which is largely empowered by a rogue Executive Branch which has zero check and balances to their massive power. 

41 minutes ago, WatsonRules said:

So I just watched the Netflix documentary on the Hulk Hogan sextape trial, and I found myself thinking IDGAF if his defense was bankrolled by Peter Thiel and structured to put Gawker out of business. Putting a sextape out there without the consent of the people depicted for clicks under the auspices that it's newsworthy is reprehensible and those turds got what they deserved. While it smacks a bit of oligarchy, it is not a First Amendment issue for a rich folks to use their $$ to sway the news either by what Thiel did or what Roger Ailes did or by what Ted Turner did. Clearly, every MSM outlet owned by a billionaire or conglomerate is subject to this, so finding trustworthy and independent journalism is a skill that everyone should acquire (and I'm heartened by Ray's link to NPR).

These fockers, however, used the power of the government to harass and intimidate a legit news organization in clear contradiction of the Constitution, and anyone involved should be prosecuted for that crime.

The government has been colluding with its friends in media for years now, and then their intrusiveness through the DOJ and social media is also well known......but this, this little event, is something different.  

I do not yet see that this situation was in protection of Biden or anything like that.  This one.....seems to be them saying "fock you Amercians" we do as we please and you can all STFU..... I mean, this one took some serious balls....