dpbuddha

Which team would you rather start your draft with? PPR

12-team PPR - 4 keepers...so lots of quality guys will be off the board from the start. 

Option A - Giving up my first 3 round picks but having absolute studs

Pick 1.08 - McCaffrey

Pick 2.08 - Ekeler

Pick 3.08 - Josh Allen

Pick 17.08 - Akers

Option B - Great value and consensus top 2 RB in PPR.

Pick 1.08 - McCaffrey

Pick 6.08 - Deebo

Pick 11.08 - Etienne

Pick 17.08 - Akers

B

C.

Pick 1.08 - McCaffrey

Pick 2.08 - Ekeler

Pick 3.08 - Josh Allen

Pick 6.08 - Deebo

On 8/6/2022 at 8:05 PM, dpbuddha said:

12-team PPR - 4 keepers...so lots of quality guys will be off the board from the start. 

Option A - Giving up my first 3 round picks but having absolute studs

Pick 1.08 - McCaffrey

Pick 2.08 - Ekeler

Pick 3.08 - Josh Allen

Pick 17.08 - Akers

Option B - Great value and consensus top 2 RB in PPR.

Pick 1.08 - McCaffrey

Pick 6.08 - Deebo

Pick 11.08 - Etienne

Pick 17.08 - Akers

well, in option 1 you get 2 top 5 RB's and the top QB in fantasy football.   I dont see how anybody with any intelligence walks from that.  you can go into round 4 just taking WR and TE.

I personally dont like McCaffrey's injury history and thus wouldnt want him in round 1....... but that said even if you dont believe in McCaffrey, there is probably someone in your league who does and you could probably get nearly any player you want for that pick/player in trade.    so why not take advantage of that?

To that end if McCaffrey is not your guy, you trade him for someone who will be.

if you listen to me and are planning the trade him scenario, its best that you confirm you have interest and talk to some people and see what they would give you for him.....its always best before doing something like this to make sure there is interest in your guy, otherwise you could get stuck with a player you never wanted.

A.   Super solid start, plus a lot of potential in Akers.   While Deebo in the 6th is tempting, the value of Akers in the 17th will likely be much higher. 

Then again my Achilles heel has always been rolling out a potent RB corp with middling WRs.  Season success depends on catching those breakout WRs which tend to appear more often than breakout RBs.

Here's mine:  https://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/topic/509931-wr-keeper-higgins-4-or-m-brown-9/