Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

Fantasy Geek Balls League - Season Chatter

30 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Another suggestion is to make the draft order known well before the draft so we can study based on position. I don’t care for having to take all positions into account and then getting your number an hour before the draft stops. 

:thumbsup:

20 hours ago, RogerDodger said:

I came in here to vote, but, reading those WW dissertations might take awhile.  

if it was a political dissertation, you'd have all the time in the world :lol:;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

Another suggestion is to make the draft order known well before the draft so we can study based on position. I don’t care for having to take all positions into account and then getting your number an hour before the draft stops. 

i love you and all, but you make more rule change / add on / extras suggestions than I can keep up with. Between this and edex. :lol:

Whenever i see one of the threads bumped I'm wondering , what is BLM proposing now? 

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

I would be for this. It is perfectly reasonable. I play in leagues where I know my draft spot well in advance and leagues where I only know it about 20 min in advance. 

Is there a way, if drafting using an ESPN or YAHOO draft room, to know the draft order more than their set time when the draft room opens up? Or alternatively is there a way for a commish to dictate that order? I will have to look into it. Last year was the first time I did a live online draft via ESPN or YAHOO in years and it was only due to our specific time crunch. 

I hesitate to go to MFL for the draft in the event picks start taking 5 hours. and I absolutely hesitate to do it here based on all the peanut gallery comments you know will flood the thread.

Maybe we can use an existing league message board

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

i love you and all, but you make more rule change / add on / extras suggestions than I can keep up with. Between this and edex. :lol:

Whenever i see one of the threads bumped I'm wondering , what is BLM proposing now? 

I love you too WW 🤣 I’m easy to get along with in fantasy golf, but I have football preferences 🤣

• Like 1

Likewise…. Making proposals worthy of voting.  I am willing to go with the will of the league.

25 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Speaking of which, you, Jerry, Pat and myself have the FanDuel carryover for The Open. You care to set that up since I messed it up last time?

Just now, bostonlager said:

Speaking of which, you, Jerry, Pat and myself have the FanDuel carryover for The Open. You care to set that up since I messed it up last time?

yeah no problem

4 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Likewise…. Making proposals worthy of voting.  I am willing to go with the will of the league.

I am all for proposals, regardless of if I like or agree with them.

I was just busting BL's balls. 

5 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

I would be for this. It is perfectly reasonable. I play in leagues where I know my draft spot well in advance and leagues where I only know it about 20 min in advance. 

Is there a way, if drafting using an ESPN or YAHOO draft room, to know the draft order more than their set time when the draft room opens up? Or alternatively is there a way for a commish to dictate that order? I will have to look into it. Last year was the first time I did a live online draft via ESPN or YAHOO in years and it was only due to our specific time crunch. 

I hesitate to go to MFL for the draft in the event picks start taking 5 hours. and I absolutely hesitate to do it here based on all the peanut gallery comments you know will flood the thread.

Maybe we can use an existing league message board

You can manually edit and set draft orders.  I use fftoolbox to randomly generate an order and it emails all the players with a link for verification. Then go into espn/Yahoo and set order.  If you know everyone that's playing you could publish the draft order today.  Or if you want I could do it for you.  

2 hours ago, RogerDodger said:

You can manually edit and set draft orders.  I use fftoolbox to randomly generate an order and it emails all the players with a link for verification. Then go into espn/Yahoo and set order.  If you know everyone that's playing you could publish the draft order today.  Or if you want I could do it for you.  

It’s cool I use random order generators for a bunch of different fantasy baseball and football 

as long as espn has the option for me to manually set it, then it’s all good 👍🏼 

All you people are so cute thinking you have a say in anything :nono: 

Don't I get 12th pick based on last seasons finish

@WhiteWonder

The other thing is, I think we did a live draft on yahoo last year because it was last minute?  If we start a good week (or maybe two) ahead of Sept 7th we could draft here.

14 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

@WhiteWonder

The other thing is, I think we did a live draft on yahoo last year because it was last minute?  If we start a good week (or maybe two) ahead of Sept 7th we could draft here.

:thumbsup:

Anniversary is 9/2.... do not know if we are going to break away or not yet.

Any interest in a survivor pool?

40 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Yessir.

52 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Sorevivor. When your uncle rapes you as a child. 

12 minutes ago, edjr said:

Sorevivor. When your uncle rapes you as a child. 

While wearing a dress and singing in the Baptist-church choir.

25 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

While wearing a dress and singing in the Baptist-church choir.

There it is. You're not even trying to hide it now. 

1. Take that shit somewhere else. Thank you

2. I’ve lost track of all the proposed changes. @bostonlager go ahead and make a separate thread with polls for any proposed changes you guys want. 

if we go to no divisions, we can stay on Yahoo. I believe the only issue with them last year was tie breakers and divisions. 

my personal opinion on the draft is that a live draft with a time limit will be much less painful and won’t potentially drag on for a week where an injury could happen mid draft and benefit whoever is on the clock. I was doing an in person draft as Andrew Luck retired (and had been drafted 😂). Lots can happen over the course of a slow draft. If majority want a slower draft I would suggest a draft on MFL rather than a thread that will get clogged up with BS. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

There it is. You're not even trying to hide it now. 

This is a fantasy-football thread, fock face. Stick to the topic and argue your nonsense somewhere else. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

This is a fantasy-football thread, fock face. Stick to the topic and argue your nonsense somewhere else. 

Whatever you say Francie. 🤣

4 minutes ago, FrancieFootball said:

I'd love to be in this league if there is an opening. 

If he keeps up the bullchit, I say we replace Rodger with Francine

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

Doosh can't separate politics from fantasy football. 

On 7/21/2023 at 8:24 AM, edjr said:

So Rusty can play with himself? Makes sense. 

On 7/21/2023 at 8:27 AM, Pimpadeaux said:

Doosh can't separate politics from fantasy football. 

Some ideas for your team name: 

Francies' Tranies 

Francies' Frothmouths

Francie Fancy Pantie

18 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

So Rusty can play with himself? Makes sense. 

Some ideas for your team name: 

Francies' Tranies 

Francies' Frothmouths

Francie Fancy Pantie

Fingercuff Francine

I'll kick in an extra $100 for the league champion if Francy Football replaces RogerCockgobbler in this league.

9 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I'll kick in an extra $100 for the league champion if Francy Football replaces RogerCockgobbler in this league.

Works for me. FYI. People of the same political party, aren't allowed to trade with each other in this league. 

• Haha 1