Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

Cole Beasley

16 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

Hate to say it but think your right and only reason Brady's press conference seemed fishy when he said ("he's a great player") and that was it..packers defense looked good..came down to the last play 

Well, it looks like Julio's injury is worse than reported.  Quite possible that Beasley is here longer than expected.  If Jones can't come back by mid-season, I'm thinking they'll give him an injury buyout and release him at some point.

No surprise about Jones.  

Could do no worse than McLaurin or Dortch im hurting at wr rooting for him on my bench 

He's a ghost for Halloween 🎃 

32 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Beasley. Elite pick up.

Yeah I was hoping he was going to be a sleeper needless to say I'm hurting at wr 😕 

On 9/24/2022 at 1:06 PM, WhiteWonder said:

gage is nothing. And none of the other guys, talented as they may be, do what Beasley does.   Im not predicting gold, but its a smart addition to the team. 

Cole Beasley retires from football.

Lol

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Cole Beasley retires from football.

Lol

But what part oF my statement that you quoted was incorrect? 

Just now, WhiteWonder said:

But what part oF my statement that you quoted was incorrect? 

I guess nothing exactly.   Not sure how smart of a move it was.  Ended up being a nothinburger.  Quoted it more for insinuating Beas is better than Gage at this point of their careers.  

22 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I guess nothing exactly.   Not sure how smart of a move it was.  Ended up being a nothinburger.  Quoted it more for insinuating Beas is better than Gage at this point of their careers.  

I actually do believe that as a slot WR, Beasley is better than Gage. Gage is horribly overrated at least he was coming into this fantasy season. 

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

LOL.  Some people actually thought he was going to be fantasy relevant.  🤣

its still possible he will be.

my statement to everyone.   he joins the team and plays the next week.  how much of the playbook do you truly think hes absorbed?

Brady likes people to be exactly where they are supposed to be when he looks their way.    it takes time to develop a repore with your starting QB.  its rare that it happens overnight.

I'd argue its dumb to expect immediate production from the guy.  no training camp no time to get used to the way the offense works.   if this guy is to be productive you probably wont see it for another 3-4 games at minimum.   if you are not willing to hold the guy for a couple dead weeks, you shouldnt have picked him up in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

my statement to everyone.   he joins the team and plays the next week.  how much of the playbook do you truly think hes absorbed?

Brady likes people to be exactly where they are supposed to be when he looks their way.    it takes time to develop a repore with your starting QB.  its rare that it happens overnight.

I'd argue its dumb to expect immediate production from the guy.  no training camp no time to get used to the way the offense works.   if this guy is to be productive you probably wont see it for another 3-4 games at minimum.   if you are not willing to hold the guy for a couple dead weeks, you shouldnt have picked him up in the first place.

He retired.  It is over.  

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

He retired.  It is over.  

ok I thought that was a joke.  he actually did retire.   so be it

14 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

Oh, he might.  I don't think that changes anything.  Until he formally files his papers, I think he's going to spend his "off-time", working out and getting in better shape... until Tampa needs him if someone gets hurt.  I think his "retirement" is nothing but a way for Tampa to keep his rights without putting him on the practice squad.  If he does formally file his papers, then it's clear he wasn't going to play much, so he just said, "well, I'm not getting a ring, so I'll just retire."

I don't think they ever expected him to be more than an emergency type player.  The contract that they signed him for, was below veteran minimum for a reason.  A player with at least 7 years in (Beasley had 10), makes a minimum of $1.075M.. yet the Bucs signed him to a 1 year / $358k.  He was a place holder, nothing more.  Someone on a veteran minimum deal makes about $64k per game... the Bucs were paying him $24k per game.  Money tells you everything you need to know.

Darn great player, should be in the HOF for not taking the wicked covid shot.