Sign in to follow this  
GoonCrew

Tua vs Geno ROS

After finally dumping Stafford, I ended up picking up Geno and now Tua. Which do you see being the more consistent starter going forward.

I'm actually thinking about cutting one of them and picking up Watson for stretch run. The question is who would I drop? and will Watson even be an upgrade to either of them?

I think I’d trust Tua over Geno. Better weapons, better offensive mind, and the Seahawks D is starting to improve so I wonder if they try to lean more on that and the run game. 

I wouldn’t pick up Watson, but that’s just me, I don’t like having sex abusers on my roster :) 

Both have thrown 9 TDs 

Geno has 1 game with 3 TD's......4 with 2.......& 2 with 0.

Tua has 1 game with 6.........3 with 1.

As far as consistency, the ultimate part of that is to be there for you every week. Not his fault, but Tua has missed 2 games & part of a 3rd because of concussions. 

Because of that, I'd choose Geno for consistency.

They have the same bye week (11)

If the Browns weren't so run heavy, Watson might be interesting. 

I guess the only interest I'd have in Watson coming back, is that it might be an upgrade for Amari Cooper.

I think what Geno has done so far is unbelievable. 

Im picking Geno, because I agree Tua is made of glass. 

16 hours ago, show me the murray said:

I think I’d trust Tua over Geno. Better weapons, better offensive mind, and the Seahawks D is starting to improve so I wonder if they try to lean more on that and the run game. 

I wouldn’t pick up Watson, but that’s just me, I don’t like having sex abusers on my roster :) 

Real ethics being applied to FF.  Bravo.  

• Like 2

I guess it comes down to if you think Geno is capable of keeping this up the rest of the season. I think the difference between the two of them is paper thin. Geno most likely stays healthier the rest of the way. My one little thing would be what happens with Metcalf. Lockett/Metcalf vs Hill/Waddle is a bit of a wash but if Metcalf misses significant time then that swings in favors of Hill and Waddle. On top of it I think Gesicki is the better tight end and the running game is a bit of a wash- but of course that relies on a healthy Mostert.

Forced to pick I would feel more confident in Smith.

4 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

I guess it comes down to if you think Geno is capable of keeping this up the rest of the season. I think the difference between the two of them is paper thin. Geno most likely stays healthier the rest of the way. My one little thing would be what happens with Metcalf. Lockett/Metcalf vs Hill/Waddle is a bit of a wash but if Metcalf misses significant time then that swings in favors of Hill and Waddle. On top of it I think Gesicki is the better tight end and the running game is a bit of a wash- but of course that relies on a healthy Mostert.

Forced to pick I would feel more confident in Smith.

Of course it’s because I picked Smith first.  

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Of course it’s because I picked Smith first.  

I listen to you less than I do Axe Elf....and I listen to him never. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

I listen to you less than I do Axe Elf....and I listen to him never. 

That’s your fault.  

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I prefer to be right. 

But your not.  

Thanks 

For some reason, I just don't think either Tua or Geno is good enough to carry a fantasy team to a championship. I feel like Watson could be lightning in a bottle when he returns. Similar to how I felt about Dhop and sure enough, last week he was focal point of the whole offense.

The owners with Josh Allen, Burrow, Jalen Hurts, etc... are running away with the divisions. Even if I sneak into a wild card, I'm not sure Tua or Geno carry a team very far.

The question becomes, what is Geno Smith worth? Could he be traded for a decent WR2? Geno has been top 7-10 QB all year but he is not viewed in that light by other owners. WE have a couple of QB needy teams but I'm not sure they bite. 

I’m not trading a wr2 for Geno, but if you drop I’ll pick him up and stream. 

1 hour ago, GoonCrew said:

The question becomes, what is Geno Smith worth? Could he be traded for a decent WR2? Geno has been top 7-10 QB all year but he is not viewed in that light by other owners. WE have a couple of QB needy teams but I'm not sure they bite. 

No way

57 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

No way

I'm actually thinking about packaging Geno with another middle tier WR (i.e. Sutton) to try and upgrade my WR2. I got one owner who had Matt Ryan as his starter but has a plethora of WR's (AJ Brown, Lamp, Dhop, Mike Williams,  Locket). I'm thinking maybe he will bite. Geno is a definite upgrade for his team and our Waiver Wire has nothing.

29 minutes ago, GoonCrew said:

I'm actually thinking about packaging Geno with another middle tier WR (i.e. Sutton) to try and upgrade my WR2. I got one owner who had Matt Ryan as his starter but has a plethora of WR's (AJ Brown, Lamp, Dhop, Mike Williams,  Locket). I'm thinking maybe he will bite. Geno is a definite upgrade for his team and our Waiver Wire has nothing.

Highly doubt it. He’s probably valued as a low end QB2 right now, rightly or not 

1 hour ago, GoonCrew said:

Unless this is a 16 plus team league it’s hard to believe that a ff owner would have so much invested into Ryan at Qb.  

Ryan is simply a stream, I’m not giving up any of my WRs for Sutton and a streaming Qb named Smith. 

But i would still make the offer, maybe this type of trade would be accepted in that league.  

Good luck, please post if accepted. 

On 10/24/2022 at 3:22 PM, weepaws said:

I think what Geno has done so far is unbelievable. 

Yep. I agree with this. 
Geno > Tua 

Although a disclaimer, I've never liked Tua from the start of his NLF career. 
Just my dumb ass opinion :)

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

That’s your fault.  

Acreed. 

Mooney is a tard and you and the Axe are two of the best things with advice and insight going on here. :thumbsup:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1