Sign in to follow this  
peenie

Hey, what does this latest rate hike mean?

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

There is no point in discussing anything with you because you won't read the source material. (Material BTW- as I mentioned- I heard an economist discuss on the podcast mentioned and had only sparingly seen the article.) The article was posted. Regardless of when the problem was found in 2016, why was it never fixed? Obama had some time to officially fix it. Trump had 4 years. Biden has had 2. It still is broken and it is at the very least a partial reason why gas and oil prices have skyrocketed again. It is a simple fact Trump signed bills on deregulation of Wall Street in his term. Do you disagree with that? If so, can you please provide links or evidence that he did not so we have something to discuss.

It is not solely a Trump issue. I literally said: "it is not wrong to say part of it has been coming for a long time with policies from Presidents on both sides of the aisle. One factor no one has mentioned yet is when Trump deregulated Wall Street in 2017." That does not mean it was solely a Trump issue and if that if your takeaway that is you just being intentionally obtuse at this point.

It is also incredibly naïve to look at stuff like this and think when a new President comes in a reset button gets hit and policies start all over again. Policies that Clinton wrote affected Bush in his presidency. Policies Bush wrote affected Obama in his presidency. Policies Obama wrote affected Trump in his presidency. Policies Trump wrote affected Biden so far. And policies Biden wrote will affect whomever is next. Cycles take time

Stop! 🤣

You don't have to continue to outdo yourself.  We all know how dumb you are.  

11 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

When COVID money went out in 2020 AND in 2021 anyone who understands economics knew it would eventually lead to inflation of some degree. Many economists pointed to that as well. But many of those same economists also said you almost needed to give money to keep the economy afloat- even knowing what was going to happen. So yes- part of it is on Biden.

But it is not wrong to say part of it has been coming for a long time with policies from Presidents on both sides of the aisle. One factor no one has mentioned yet is when Trump deregulated Wall Street in 2017. There was a glitch put into the system in like 2012 where Wall Street found a way around regulation of commodities trading when it relates to things like oil and wheat. The Obama team caught it and was trying to fix it but that was right before the 2016 election. Trump's team came in- and blocked the fix they had come up with. Prior to them looking at it before the economic crash back late in the decade of the 2000's it was referred to as the "Enron Loophole" I believe. 

No mention of Biden not fixing it here. And of course Obama was “catching and fixing” (4 years later) - good things , and Trump was blocking- bad thing.  I’m not even saying a loophole wasn’t put in, or it was a good thing. I have an issue with the way you presented it. Obama doing good things, Trump doing bad, Biden not mentioned. Sorry I called you out on your extremely obviously biased presentation. Asking anyone to read anything by the young Turks would be like asking someone to read anything by Alex Jones. The brains in the young Turks left when Jimmy D left. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No mention of Biden not fixing it here. And of course Obama was “catching and fixing” (4 years later) - good things , and Trump was blocking- bad thing.  I’m not even saying a loophole wasn’t put in, or it was a good thing. I have an issue with the way you presented it. Obama doing good things, Trump doing bad, Biden not mentioned. Sorry I called you out on your extremely obviously biased presentation. Asking anyone to read anything by the young Turks would be like asking someone to read anything by Alex Jones. The brains in the young Turks left when Jimmy D left. 

You are just being a dopey douche at this point. I specifically called out both sides on it. I mentioned one thing Trump did. I specifically mentioned that Biden was part of the problem. I mentioned Biden as the conversation went on because the conversation continued after you got butthurt about it all. Biden didn't put it in place. Trump didn't either. Neither did Obama. Wall Street worked around the rules- and now years of different presidents later it is still there AND the deregulation by Trump happened on top of it. 

You are just mad because you refuse to read. Again I say: " It is a simple fact Trump signed bills on deregulation of Wall Street in his term. Do you disagree with that? If so, can you please provide links or evidence that he did not so we have something to discuss."

horsesh1t and tardcore have no interest in honest debate.  They just want to declare that they are winners and post emojis and call people pedos.  They are a cancer.

34 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You are just being a dopey douche at this point. I specifically called out both sides on it. I mentioned one thing Trump did. I specifically mentioned that Biden was part of the problem. I mentioned Biden as the conversation went on because the conversation continued after you got butthurt about it all. Biden didn't put it in place. Trump didn't either. Neither did Obama. Wall Street worked around the rules- and now years of different presidents later it is still there AND the deregulation by Trump happened on top of it. 

You are just mad because you refuse to read. Again I say: " It is a simple fact Trump signed bills on deregulation of Wall Street in his term. Do you disagree with that? If so, can you please provide links or evidence that he did not so we have something to discuss."

I don’t disagree  with it. Have I said I did? There you go again with the strawman 

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

horsesh1t and tardcore have no interest in honest debate.  They just want to declare that they are winners and post emojis and call people pedos.  They are a cancer.

Obama's legislation had a bunch of loopholes in it that the oil companies exploited. 

You're upset because Trump didn't fix Obama's mistakes.

Biden doesn't know anything about it even though he was VP at the time and has been in congress for 50 years.

What is there to debate?

:first:

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

Obama's legislation had a bunch of loopholes in it that the oil companies exploited. 

Biden doesn't even know anything about it even though he was VP at the time and has been in congress for 50 years.

What is there to debate?

Read the Young Turks. They’ll explain it to you. Mooney obviously can’t. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I read it.  And I'll quote it:

That’s what regulators under Pres. Barack Obama thought, too, when they found out about it. But one month after they proposed a rule to fix it, Trump won the presidency. His appointees blocked the fix, and there’s no indication that the Biden White House is even aware of the problem.

The only problem is the fact sheet they link to about Obama trying to fix his mistakes is from 2012.  Not 2016.  If you can't get congress to act in 4 years that's not Trump's fault.  And again, Frank-Dodd is Obama's legislation that has loopholes they are crying about.  The claim that Trump knew about it is pure speculation as they freely admit Biden doesn't.  

42 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You are a clown. I have to think at this point you and Horseman are the same person doing an act of some kind. 

Hopefully the idiot Fed will never let the rate get so low again.

8 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You are a clown. I have to think at this point you and Horseman are the same person doing an act of some kind. 

Is that what the tiny voice in your head is saying?

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

And you get mad about things you said. All the time. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And you get mad about things you said. All the time. 

Read the article to be able to intelligently comment or GTFO

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

I read what you said. And promptly destroyed it. You mad? Seems like you are. 

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

:dunno:

2 hours ago, Horseman said:

I read it.  And I'll quote it:

The only problem is the fact sheet they link to about Obama trying to fix his mistakes is from 2012.  Not 2016.  If you can't get congress to act in 4 years that's not Trump's fault.  And again, Frank-Dodd is Obama's legislation that has loopholes they are crying about.  The claim that Trump knew about it is pure speculation as they freely admit Biden doesn't.  

2 hours ago, Horseman said:

Biden doesn't know anything about it even though he was VP at the time and has been in congress for 50 years.

What is there to debate?

I guess there isn't much debate.  This is when you run and hide.  Nice try though.

2 minutes ago, Horseman said:

:dunno:

I guess there isn't much debate.  This is when you run and hide.  Nice try though.

Your whole schtick is to act obtuse and then when normal people give up, you say they run and hide.

3 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Your whole schtick is to act obtuse and then when normal people give up, you say they run and hide.

I explained the flaw in your TYT article and Mooney's claim.  You have the opportunity to counter.  My guess is you won't/can't.

24 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I read what you said. And promptly destroyed it. You mad? Seems like you are. 

You could just admit you are out to lunch on this, or just that you are blissfully idiotic.

26 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

It's not an act. He is that obtuse. You can see in how he cherry picks like 3 sentences from a considerably longer article because he thinks it proves his point.

Dumbass in trying to brag about his fake wife called her a "hotwife" which does not mean what he thinks it does. Then he blames his other mistakes on the spell check selectively working. All the while calling himself a "winner."

9 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You could just admit you are out to lunch on this, or just that you are blissfully idiotic.

Happened under Obama. Obama left Trump holding the bag. Trumps fault. The question you need to be asking is what took Obama so long? You’re ok with believing it was “discovered” on his way out the door. I call BS. You’re probably one of those people that believed the whole “17 intelligence agencies “ bullshit at the end of Obama’s term as well. You’re a good little sponge. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Happened under Obama. Obama left Trump holding the bag. Trumps fault. The question you need to be asking is what took Obama so long? You’re ok with believing it was “discovered” on his way out the door. I call BS. You’re probably one of those people that believed the whole “17 intelligence agencies “ bullshit at the end of Obama’s term as well. You’re a good little sponge. 

I didn't say the loophole was Trump's fault. I said his deregulation stuff created more problems. To which again I say:

" It is a simple fact Trump signed bills on deregulation of Wall Street in his term. Do you disagree with that? If so, can you please provide links or evidence that he did not so we have something to discuss."

You talk about being a sponge...you are literally refusing to go read an article that outlines the situation so you can just repeat the same two lines over and over that are not what a person actually said. 

And by the way Mooney and Gutterboy, there’s no such thing as a loophole. It’s either legal or it isn’t. You two aren’t as smart as you think you are. 

I didn't say the loophole was Trump's fault. I said his deregulation stuff created more problems. To which again I say:

You talk about being a sponge...you are literally refusing to go read an article that outlines the situation so you can just repeat the same two lines over and over that are not what a person actually said. 

Again, I never said Trump did the right thing here. Strawman activated. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Again, I never said Trump did the right thing here. Strawman activated. 

Then what are you literally arguing about here. I never blamed Trump for it, you aren't saying he did the right thing....yet you are spending tons of keystrokes to argue with me over it. 

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I didn't say the loophole was Trump's fault. I said his deregulation stuff created more problems.

This is what you said:

15 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

The Obama team caught it and was trying to fix it but that was right before the 2016 election. Trump's team came in- and blocked the fix they had come up with. 

Which is false as Obama's team was trying to fix it in 2012.  The article's own link exposes them.

You're backtracking when you try and switch your claim to "I said his deregulation stuff created more problems.".

Trump rolled back some of Dodd-Frank with the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief and Consumer Protection Act.  But that only eased regulations on banks by raising the limits of "too big to fail" and getting rid of the Volcker rule.  Neither of which has anything to do with the Enron Rule or what Obama was trying to fix in Dodd-Frank.  They are two completely different conversations. 

7 minutes ago, Horseman said:

I explained the flaw in your TYT article and Mooney's claim.  You have the opportunity to counter.  My guess is you won't/can't.

I can, but it's probably not going to be worth it as you'll just reply with emojis and say you won.

"The only problem is the fact sheet they link to about Obama trying to fix his mistakes is from 2012.  Not 2016.  If you can't get congress to act in 4 years that's not Trump's fault.  And again, Frank-Dodd is Obama's legislation that has loopholes they are crying about.  The claim that Trump knew about it is pure speculation as they freely admit Biden doesn't.  "

fact sheet they link to about Obama trying to fix his mistakes is from 2012.  Not 2016 - Are you referring to the CFTC Guidelines?  The date is from 2013.

If you can't get congress to act in 4 years that's not Trump's fault. - It wasn't Obama trying to get Congress to act, they acted, and Frank Dodds only applied to US transactions, so the CFTC wrote rules based on the legislation and the rules allowed for conducting swaps internationally to avoid Frank Dodds legislation.  So it was working with the CFTC.

Trump wanted to undo Frank Dodds, so there was no way his admin was going to continue working with the CFTC to close the loophole.  Biden hasn't done it either.  They are all to blame.  Meanwhile Wall St continues to fock all of us.

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And by the way Mooney and Gutterboy, there’s no such thing as a loophole. It’s either legal or it isn’t. You two aren’t as smart as you think you are. 

You're denying the existence of loopholes?

2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I can, but it's probably not going to be worth it as you'll just reply with emojis and say you won.

3 minutes ago, Horseman said:

That's what winning looks like.

:lol:

4 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

"The only problem is the fact sheet they link to about Obama trying to fix his mistakes is from 2012.  Not 2016.  If you can't get congress to act in 4 years that's not Trump's fault.  And again, Frank-Dodd is Obama's legislation that has loopholes they are crying about.  The claim that Trump knew about it is pure speculation as they freely admit Biden doesn't.  "

fact sheet they link to about Obama trying to fix his mistakes is from 2012.  Not 2016 - Are you referring to the CFTC Guidelines?  The date is from 2013.

If you can't get congress to act in 4 years that's not Trump's fault. - It wasn't Obama trying to get Congress to act, they acted, and Frank Dodds only applied to US transactions, so the CFTC wrote rules based on the legislation and the rules allowed for conducting swaps internationally to avoid Frank Dodds legislation.  So it was working with the CFTC.

Trump wanted to undo Frank Dodds, so there was no way his admin was going to continue working with the CFTC to close the loophole.  Biden hasn't done it either.  They are all to blame.  Meanwhile Wall St continues to fock all of us.

It's pretty simple.  If you're going to take up the argument for Mooney you're going to have to show two things:

1 - Obama didn't notice it until 2016 and put in place fixes just before Trump took office.

2 - Trump knew about it and "blocked" the fixes after he took office.

It's a hole you can't dig out of because I've already shown Obama was trying to fix his mistakes in 2012.

11 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

:lol:

He declares he won after he made up things I said- while quoting what I said which proves he made up things I said..

You can't make this up. Honestly- just ignore him. He's not smart and there's no hope for him. Clearly he's been blowing up his rubber woman without the aid of a pump lately because his brain is oxygen deprived. 

He declares he won after he made up things I said- while quoting what I said which proves he made up things I said..

You can't make this up. Honestly- just ignore him. He's not smart and there's no hope for him. 

That's a good example of irony: An English teacher that has a hard time with reading and writing. 

7 minutes ago, Horseman said:

It's pretty simple.  If you're going to take up the argument for Mooney you're going to have to show two things:

1 - Obama didn't notice it until 2016 and put in place fixes just before Trump took office.

2 - Trump knew about it and "blocked" the fixes after he took office.

It's a hole you can't dig out of because I've already shown Obama was trying to fix his mistakes in 2012.

1 is not true and mooney never said that.

2 It's speculation about Trump, but given his disdain for financial regulation, he completely ignored it, as is Biden, since he's in bed with Wall St as well.

3 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

2 It's speculation about Trump, but given his disdain for financial regulation, he completely ignored it, as is Biden, since he's in bed with Wall St as well.

16 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

The Obama team caught it and was trying to fix it but that was right before the 2016 election. Trump's team came in- and blocked the fix they had come up with. 

40 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

You're denying the existence of loopholes?

In legal matters, yes. There are probably many in your marriage. It’s legal or it isn’t. Loophole is a concept used to trick stupid people. 

34 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

1.) Yeah see Horseman (and HT) take it as Obama just ignored it until he was ready to go. He didn't. And even more- it isn't Obama himself looking for it- it's the team overall. But again- don't let facts get in the way of things. Also, you know- the whole point of it was for Wall Street to hide it and they did for a while.

2.) Trump in his campaign speeches talked about deregulation and doing away with Dodd-Frank. He at the very least weakened it while in office and deregulated these things. But again- don't let facts get in the way of things. 

32 minutes ago, Horseman said:

You said that Mooney said that Obama didn't notice it until 2016.  Mooney said they tried to fix it right before 2016.  If you read the article, the loophole was spotted in 2013.  Now shut up.