Sign in to follow this  
League Champion

Agent change points to franchise tag for Daniel Jones

4 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

Gazillions. Brady earned $300M over 22 years in the NFL. That's an average of like $13M+ a season. He took $15M a year with Tampa and won a SB. 

That’s the career to have.  

13 minutes ago, weepaws said:

That’s the career to have.  

The best job ever is a Backup QB. Especially if you're behind a Brady or Mahomes. Easy $$$

I think the Steelers had a back up Qb that earn three super bowl rings backing up Bradshaw.  

5 hours ago, League Champion said:

Daniel Jones is grossly overpaid for what he is but that's the market. Right place, right time for him. 

He's nothing more than an average NFL QB 

well, its a matter of opinion.   he didnt perform in the early part of his career, but the offense was poorly run.  My H.S. offense looked about as sophisticated as the offense they ran.   I could tell what play they were running before they ran it and I am not even an NFL co-ordinator.     so I'm sure NFL defenses also knew what play they were running.

This year the offense was far more dynamic.   

so was his poor performance due to bad coaching or bad QB play?   possibly both.

4 hours ago, jrokh said:

Except according to the advanced metrics and those who either actually watched him play and understand the game of football, he’s above average. Sorry you’re not one of those people. Learn the game…

further to this and my reply above the offense looked a lot better this year.    I dont think this is the best we have seen from Daniel Jones.     I'm not sure he will ever be a top 5 QB but I think hes good enough if the team around him is good and the offense remains creative and somewhat unpredictable.

keep in mind this dollar amount they quoted includes incentives,  he only gets that money if he hits all his targets.   If I'm a New York fan I'm ok with this contract.   I know its obscene money but given where the market for QB has gone, this is reasonable.

Jones did look like a real pro QB this last year.   the sample size is still small but I think they did the right thing.

37 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

Jones did look like a real pro QB this last year.   

At times.

He only won 1 game vs the NFC East, his own division. That's absolutely embarrassing. 

His last 41 games, he’s thrown for  36 tds.  Not all Jones fault, they need playmakers at wr.   

They kept Jones, but now they have an unhappy Barkely, this could be a fun one to watch.  

On 3/9/2023 at 12:38 PM, League Champion said:

At times.

He only won 1 game vs the NFC East, his own division. That's absolutely embarrassing. 

NFC east was a tough division this year.   its far from the laughingstock it was 2-5 years ago.

15 hours ago, Ray_T said:

NFC east was a tough division this year.   its far from the laughingstock it was 2-5 years ago.

Of those 4 years you're pointing out, Jones was in it for 3 of them.

Just goes to show HOW important coaching is:

Who won NFL Coach of the Year 2023? Brian Daboll, who led the Giants to a 9-7-1 record and Wild Card win over the Vikings in his first year, won the 2022-23 NFL Coach of the Year award. Daboll took over a Giants team who went 4-13 the previous year.

1 hour ago, Bills04 said:

Who won NFL Coach of the Year 2023? Brian Daboll, who led the Giants to a 9-7-1 record and Wild Card win over the Vikings in his first year, won the 2022-23 NFL Coach of the Year award. Daboll took over a Giants team who went 4-13 the previous year.

You mean the guy who only won 1 game in the NFC East, his own division? I believe he went 1-5? 

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

You mean the guy who only won 1 game in the NFC East, his own division? I believe he went 1-5? 

So he didn't win coach of the year?

5 hours ago, Bills04 said:

So what does it show if they go 7/9/1 and miss the playoffs? I mean it could easily happen, is that coaching? 

7 hours ago, jrokh said:

So he didn't win coach of the year?

He had no business winning Coach of The Year. It should of been Doug Pederson and not even close. Daboll got throttled by every team in his division 

He had no business winning Coach of The Year. It should of been Doug Pederson and not even close. Daboll got throttled by every team in his division 

Andy Reid found a way to win without Tyreek Hill.  Most said it couldn't be done.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Andy Reid found a way to win without Tyreek Hill.  Most said it couldn't be done.

Daniel Jones is Patrick Mahomes now? 

5 hours ago, League Champion said:

He had no business winning Coach of The Year. It should have been Doug Pederson and not even close. Daboll got throttled by every team in his division 

Yet he won. Pederson wasn’t even second, that was shanahan. Yet another delusional Iggles fan who’s lost his way…

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

Yet he won. Pederson wasn’t even second, that was shanahan. Yet another delusional Iggles fan who’s lost his way…

And Daboll will finish 3rd again. Nothing will change till the Giants get a starting NFL QB and learn how to draft O-Line & WRs. 

3 hours ago, League Champion said:

And Daboll will finish 3rd again. Nothing will change till the Giants get a starting NFL QB and learn how to draft O-Line & WRs. 

Daboll finished first. Sorry didn’t realize your comprehension abilities were on a par with Weepaws…

I think it’s clear that the Gmen with Daboll finished third in the NFC east.   

HTH.  

Welcome.  

4 hours ago, jrokh said:

Daboll finished first.

Ohh my bad. I thought the Eagles Won the NFC and went to the Superbowl. I must have been mistaken, so sorry 

42 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Ohh my bad. I thought the Eagles Won the NFC and went to the Superbowl. I must have been mistaken, so sorry 

You are mistaken. The topic was about Daboll’s coaching and him winning coach of the year. Try and keep up. HTH….

57 minutes ago, jrokh said:

You are mistaken. The topic was about Daboll’s coaching and him winning coach of the year. Try and keep up. HTH….

I'm so jealous, I wish I was a Giants fan. 

I'm so jealous, I wish I was a Giants fan. 

I get it. It’s tough being the little brother who is always overshadowed by his much more prolific sibling….

Just now, jrokh said:

I get it. It’s tough being the little brother who is always overshadowed by his much more prolific sibling….

Yup, it sucks being NFC Champions 🏆

Yup, it sucks being NFC Champions... 🏆

...as long as Patrick Mahomes is in the AFC.