seafoam1

Bears trade #1 to Panthers -Add TJ Edwards and now Tremaine Edmunds

43 minutes ago, League Champion said:

No, DJ Moree and no high picks for the next 2 years. It could get very rough there to. 

They still have #39 this year and their 2nd round pick next year 

Dumb that Chicago had the 1st pick.

Rare to say, they made the right trade and got a haul.

I understand having "your guy".  But I always think these moves are a bit much.   Do you do this if there is an Andrew Luck no brainer ttpe QB? Sure I guess.  But CJ Stroud? Ehhh the ol Ohio State QB.  

You have to suck to rebuild.  You can't just try and compete for a division then turn around and sell all yout stuff for a QB when you aren't a QB away.  

Maybe they totally hit on the only QB who pans out from this class and we all eat crow.  We will see.  

8 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Never trade up always trade down 

I am generally with this way of thinking in 98% of situations.

48 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

They still have #39 this year and their 2nd round pick next year 

If second round picks are so important, than the Bears really did clean up. Cause they got 2 from Carolina. :banana:

7 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

If second round picks are so important, than the Bears really did clean up. Cause they got 2 from Carolina. :banana:

2nd round picks are fairly important.  But #39 is much better than #61, obviously.  And the other one is 3 years from now.  

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

2nd round picks are fairly important.  But #39 is much better than #61, obviously.  And the other one is 3 years from now.  

It's a crap WR draft, even worse free agent class so they'll prob look elsewhere for WR help. 

15 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

2 years from now. (2025 - 2023 = 2)

And in 2 years it will be that year. Bears rebuild plans will take more than this one year. They themselves are fully aware of this.

Just now, seafoam1 said:

And in 2 years it will be that year. Bears rebuild plans will take more than this one year. They themselves are fully aware of this.

And if Fields doesn't work out they have the ammo to get a QB next season. 

6 hours ago, taco breath said:

Hey bro just curious but I remember why we all hate you so much could you refresh my memory?

OMG "bro"!!! You don't like me? :cry:

:lol:

5 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

3 years.

I’m not saying they didn’t give up a lot, but I think it was a fair deal.

It obviously will depend on how the QB they take works out.   But with the #1 pick they have no excuses. 

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Agree. Carolina gave up a ton but they had to, what choice did they have? They can't keep playing QB roulette every year. 

I don't think any of the big 4 QBs would of made it to 9. 

3 minutes ago, League Champion said:

I agree with this.  I think Fields isn't very good although dangerous.    But they give him this year get him a few weapons and see.  If not they have plenty of ammo next draft to take who they want.  

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

Agree. Carolina gave up a ton but they had to, what choice did they have? They can't keep playing QB roulette every year. 

I don't think any of the big 4 QBs would of made it to 9. 

Trade back instead of up accumulate picks to do what they want next year.  If they love a guy this year they love a guy this year thats what they see and thats fine.  Just seems like an odd time to go for it.  I think the pick is Stroud.  Can't imagine moving up for Young at 200lbs soaking wet.  And I can't believe how high Richardson is projected.   Coming into draft season without looking at any mock drafts I figured a 2nd round guy.  I guess it is all about upside but found that shocking.  

Weird QB class not sure on any of them.  

3 minutes ago, League Champion said:

For sure. 2 QBs are already being highlighted as the real deal. I still like Fields at this point, but it's good to know the Bears have 2 next year. And Carolina giving up their best player to the Bears, and losing an extra second round pick this year, gotta think they will struggle this year with a rookie QB. With NO getting Carr, and playing them twice, and they also play Minni, Detroit, Dallas, Jacksonville, Green Bay, Tennessee, Miami, Seattle along with the rest of their schedule including Chicago, I would think they lose at the very least, 10 games as a given, with a split on some of the rest of their games. They very well could lose 13+ games this year. But who knows as it's so early?

19 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

3 years.

It obviously will depend on how the QB they take works out.   But with the #1 pick they have no excuses. 

So the April draft in 2025 is 3 years away from today? I guess that means next month is 1 year away from today too? So the Bears won't be drafting the #9 pick until next year? :wacko:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Trade back instead of up accumulate picks to do what they want next year.  If they love a guy this year they love a guy this year thats what they see and thats fine.  Just seems like an odd time to go for it.  I think the pick is Stroud.  Can't imagine moving up for Young at 200lbs soaking wet.  And I can't believe how high Richardson is projected.   Coming into draft season without looking at any mock drafts I figured a 2nd round guy.  I guess it is all about upside but found that shocking.  

Weird QB class not sure on any of them.  

It’s not an odd time.  New coach wants to get his guy in there and develop him.  

If they like a couple guys, could probably trade down a spot or 2 and get someone they wouldn’t have been able to get at 9, and closer to the draft other teams may get more desperate.

Just now, seafoam1 said:

So the April draft in 2025 is 3 years away from today? I guess that means next month is 1 year away from today too? :wacko:

3 seasons away.

Just now, TimHauck said:

It’s not an odd time.  New coach wants to get his guy in there and develop him.  

If they like a couple guys, could probably trade down a spot or 2 and get someone they wouldn’t have been able to get at 9, and closer to the draft other teams may get more desperate.

Odd time as I don't love this draft and it seems like a crapshoot.  Levis may have most upside.

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

3 seasons away.

Holy crap. You are dumber than I thought. That means 2023 is a whole season away from now? And here I thought the draft was in a month. What season will the league be playing between now and the 2023 draft? 

Seems far fetched that they trade back.  So trade all that for 1st.  Then just trade back and be at the mercy of who other teams take anyway?  Seems pretty goofy.  I must be missing something.  

Watch Hendon Hooker move into the first round. I would take him over Richardson and Levis. If he didn't get hurt in that one game, he would be in this group easily. I think he might now make it into the first. He may have the highest floor of all of these QBs. 

8 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Seems far fetched that they trade back.  So trade all that for 1st.  Then just trade back and be at the mercy of who other teams take anyway?  Seems pretty goofy.  I must be missing something.  

I wouldn’t predict it but if it’s only a couple spots or something I could see it.  

I wouldn’t predict it but if it’s only a couple spots or something I could see it.  

Well, we are a year away from that possibly happening. We'll wait and see what happens until then. 😆 

17 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So pay assets to be at thr mercy of whats left anyway?  Pretty goofy strategy.   

Bears should have traded down to the Colts pick. They could have gotten an additional 1 and more and still ended up with one of the 2 blue chip prospects in this draft. That or stay out at 1, draft your pick of QBs and deal Fields for more assets. By the time Chicago turns it around Fields will be broken and at the end of his rookie deal.

Heckuva job duh Bears.

Just now, MDC said:

Bears should have traded down to the Colts pick. They could have gotten an additional 1 and more and still ended up with one of the 2 blue chip prospects in this draft. That or stay out at 1, draft your pick of QBs and deal Fields for more assets. By the time Chicago turns it around Fields will be broken and at the end of his rookie deal.

Heckuva job duh Bears.

Why do you just assume Colts are looking to make that trade?  

You could just be trolling as usual and I don't enjoy defending Bears moves (rare there are any good ones) but if Fields fizzles then they have built talent on the roster and can re pick high in another draft.....not really understanding your Fields timeline.  Seems like a perfect timeline honestly. 

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

You could just be trolling as usual and I don't enjoy defending Bears moves (rare there are any good ones) but if Fields fizzles then they have built talent on the roster and can re pick high in another draft.....not really understanding your Fields timeline.  Seems like a perfect timeline honestly. 

It's funny how he thinks Fields basically sucks, and yet other teams will pay up in a trade for him if the Bears take a QB at #1 this year. 

It's just another in a long line of stupid trolling comments that guy lives for on this site. 

7 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

It's funny how he thinks Fields basically sucks, and yet other teams will pay up in a trade for him if the Bears take a QB at #1 this year. 

It's just another in a long line of stupid trolling comments that guy lives for on this site. 

This may surprise you, but different GM’s have different opinions of guys. 

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

This may surprise you, but different GM’s have different opinions of guys. 

Then stop generalizing and come up with some take on it. mdc also said he thinks the Bears will take the #2 or #3 best olineman at #9 (as some kind of a "burn" to Bears fans :rolleyes:)  but refuses to say which OL is the best and where he will be taken. He won't even say who the #2 or #3 OL's are that he claims they will take. 

It's called trolling dude. He doesn't even follow football. Just the Eagles win/loss record.

15 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

The Colts desperately need a QB and they’re right there at 4. If the Bears deal down they can still draft Carter/Anderson and end up with a future first. 

Fields can’t throw the ball at all and the talent around him is terrible even with DJ Moore. They had a shot to draft the first good QB in their 102-year history and threw it away.

Duh Bears gonna Bear.

What would be really Bears being da Bears would be if the Panthers flipped the #1 for more than they gave up

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

See what I mean? Just a total dolt. He doesn't even understand being in a trading war with other teams. 

21 minutes ago, MDC said:

The Colts desperately need a QB and they’re right there at 4. If the Bears deal down they can still draft Carter/Anderson and end up with a future first. 

Fields can’t throw the ball at all and the talent around him is terrible even with DJ Moore. They had a shot to draft the first good QB in their 102-year history and threw it away.

Duh Bears gonna Bear.

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

What would be really Bears being da Bears would be if the Panthers flipped the #1 for more than they gave up

Be the first to post that here when it happens. You will really show everyone then. 

6 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Be the first to post that here when it happens. You will really show everyone then. 

What is your opinion of Pat Mahomes as a person?

What is your opinion of Pat Mahomes as a person?

What does that have to do with the topic of this thread?

22 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

This guy knows football.  A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. 

I don't mind giving up other draft pics, even two firsts and a second.  But you those random darts....Carolina paid to much with DJ Moore.  Thats a coached and conditioned commodity.  

I default to you as the Panthers fan... and I see your point. The thing is, without Moore I actually think it was a landslide steal for the Panthers. Trading up to #1 is never cheap. To only give up a late 2nd in this draft was huge. Obviously you had to give up another #1 and Reich i'm sure believes in himself and his staff to win as many game as possible. 

DJ Moore is young but where does he fall in the hierarchy of receivers in the NFL? I feel like he might be right around #20 and I'm not counting guys entering the downside. I get it though. He's a player you would want to have in place for your young QB to throw to. 

22 hours ago, League Champion said:

This pick screams CJ Stroud. Young will be in a wheelchair by the time they can compete, he too small. 

I think it actually screams Richardson