Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

NCAA Hoops '23-'24

7 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

First full day obvs. 

You may not want me to come. Ive been to 5 big 12 tourneys and we won 5 of them. Ha

That's different too this year.  1-4 have 2 days of byes now. 

7 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

First full day obvs. 

You may not want me to come. Ive been to 5 big 12 tourneys and we won 5 of them. Ha

5 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

That's different too this year.  1-4 have 2 days of byes now. 

If your school can't win 5 games in 5 days to win a conference championship, then you don't have a real school.  😉

27 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If your school can't win 5 games in 5 days to win a conference championship, then you don't have a real school.  😉

Kansas is currently 5th in conference :dunno:

14 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Kansas is currently 5th in conference :dunno:

You guys were talking about the conference tournament, were you not?

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You guys were talking about the conference tournament, were you not?

Yes

19 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Yes

Well Kansas being the #5 seed (even if they stay there), still won't have to play 5 rounds in the conference tournament.  Back when UConn won the National Championship in 2011, they won the Big East Tournament by entering as the #9 seed and won 5 games in 5 days.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Big_East_men's_basketball_tournament

They beat the #16 seed, then #8, #1, #4, & #3 on consecutive days.  It's the only time in NCAA history that it's happened and it's unlikely to ever happen again.  Hence why I said, "If your school can't win 5 games in 5 days to win a conference championship, then you don't have a real school."  UConn will probably be the only one to ever do it.  It's a joke. 😉

Fun Fact: UConn was the only team in that tournament to win more than 2 games.

College gameday getting me amped up.  Only 7 hours until tip.  Heading to the game with a friend from elementary school who I rarely get to see anymore and our spouses :banana:

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

College gameday getting me amped up.  Only 7 hours until tip.  Heading to the game with a friend from elementary school who I rarely get to see anymore and our spouses :banana:

You guys look really good so far even without McCullers. Kind of nice that we had a fairly sweat Free win today.

Just now, Gepetto said:

Nebraska is up 43 - 13 on Michigan.

They going to have to fire Howard. That was my biggest fear when Iowa State hired Hoiberg was hopefully not having to fire one of your schools most beloved players. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. 

Didn't deserve that one but I'll take it

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Didn't deserve that one but I'll take it

I wouldn’t say that. Missing arguably your best player against a pretty hot Baylor team.

15 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I wouldn’t say that. Missing arguably your best player against a pretty hot Baylor team.

Nick Timberlake needs to go away.   We need more scholarship players.   5 guys can be great, but we need depth. 

Purdue and IU rivalry is back to normal. Last year was a fluke.

Cornhuskers girls take down Iowa!  How sweet it is! Kaetlin Clark's scoring record put on hold. She scored 31 but came up 8 points short of the record while going scoreless in the 4th.  

Now we can focus on bill getting another championship title

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Now we can focus on bill getting another championship title

This is the first time I’ve watched Texas Tech and they make me nervous. Like even more than Houston does.

1 minute ago, cyclone24 said:

This is the first time I’ve watched Texas Tech and they make me nervous. Like even more than Houston does.

Meh teams that just chuck three's only get so far

2 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Meh teams that just chuck three's only get so far

Yeah, but they’re not just chucking them up recklessly. Pretty good ball movement. I mean it’s one night and anything can happen, but been pretty impressed by them on both ends

Yooge game coming up within the hour

UConn goes for 15th consecutive win tonight, on the road, against #15 Creighton.  Back in January, UConn won at home by 14.  Beat 15 for 15?  I think so.

A UConn win would mark the first time in Big East history, where a team won 15 straight conference games.  Only 2 other teams have accomplished the feat... the 1995-96 UConn Huskies and 1984-85 St. John's Redmen.

On Saturday, UConn made history by beating #4 Marquette by 28 points.  That margin of victory is the largest in conference play between two Top 5 AP teams since the inception of the AP Poll.

UConn is 5-1 vs top 25 teams this year... all 5 wins were by double digits.

Go team!

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

UConn goes for 15th consecutive win tonight, on the road, against #15 Creighton.  Back in January, UConn won at home by 14.  Beat 15 for 15?  I think so.

A UConn win would mark the first time in Big East history, where a team won 15 straight conference games.  Only 2 other teams have accomplished the feat... the 1995-96 UConn Huskies and 1984-85 St. John's Redmen.

On Saturday, UConn made history by beating #4 Marquette by 28 points.  That margin of victory is the largest in conference play between two Top 5 AP teams since the inception of the AP Poll.

UConn is 5-1 vs top 25 teams this year... all 5 wins were by double digits.

Go team!

we made them our b1tch :banana:

#15 Creighton Blue Jays (Omaha, Nebraska) just defeated #1 UCONN  85 to 66. :pointstosky:

13 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

we made them our b1tch :banana:

It was a good game, would've been better had UConn won.  😁

10 hours ago, Gepetto said:

#15 Creighton Blue Jays (Omaha, Nebraska) just defeated #1 UCONN  85 to 66. :pointstosky:

Yeah, Creighton was shooting lights out and UConn was shooting if the lights were out.  lol   That win should lock Creighton in to at worst a 3-seed in the tourney if they don't fock it up.

Court storming is dumb and needs to stop

• Like 1

Anyone interested in a quarter pool tournament draft? It’s a change of pace from a bracket pool and more fun in my opinion. I’ve ran these before on other boards so let me know if there is any interest and I will post full set of rules and the spreadsheet 

21 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Anyone interested in a quarter pool tournament draft? It’s a change of pace from a bracket pool and more fun in my opinion. I’ve ran these before on other boards so let me know if there is any interest and I will post full set of rules and the spreadsheet 

I’m in

16 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

I’m in

We need exactly 8 players

We all draft 8 teams in a snake style draft (If you draft a play in game you get the winner)

For each game one of your teams wins, you take their seed and multiply it by the round. The other 7 players owe you that many quarters

Example: You draft Kentucky as a 5 seed and they win in the 1st round. All other players owe you $1.25. If they win in the 2nd you are owed $2.50 by all others

We keep track on a google sheet and we settle up debts at the end of the tournament. Here is the spreadsheet I use when I do this at a local bar. 

As you can see it can get messy at times. Someone could lost $100ish depending on upsets and whatnot. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nOcR-c5UmkNEa5EJqC2Mr6PS4Y98agS6b28tP82kE9A/edit#gid=232419404

@MLCKAA 

If you are in I will start a thread to see if we can get 6 more. I've tried to get this thing off the ground here for 6 years now and no one wants to play. 

3 hours ago, bostonlager said:

We need exactly 8 players

We all draft 8 teams in a snake style draft (If you draft a play in game you get the winner)

For each game one of your teams wins, you take their seed and multiply it by the round. The other 7 players owe you that many quarters

Example: You draft Kentucky as a 5 seed and they win in the 1st round. All other players owe you $1.25. If they win in the 2nd you are owed $2.50 by all others

We keep track on a google sheet and we settle up debts at the end of the tournament. Here is the spreadsheet I use when I do this at a local bar. 

As you can see it can get messy at times. Someone could lost $100ish depending on upsets and whatnot. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nOcR-c5UmkNEa5EJqC2Mr6PS4Y98agS6b28tP82kE9A/edit#gid=232419404

I apologize for inconveniencing you.  I am not cognitively capable of anything this complex.

I'll try it

10 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

I apologize for inconveniencing you.  I am not cognitively capable of anything this complex.

All you do is draft 8 teams in the tournament and check your score from time to time. The spreadsheet you're looking at is the final product after the tournament is over. At the beginning it is a blank slate that gets updated at the conclusion of each game. 

12 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Hey @cmh6476 y’all could’ve helped out my cyclones last night and won dammit. :)

:mad:

:(

8 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

:mad:

:(

What’s wrong with McCullers? I know he was out and then he came back. I didn’t know he’s been out again.

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

What’s wrong with McCullers? I know he was out and then he came back. I didn’t know he’s been out again.

They've described it as a bone bruise but it's been weird.   Hopefully the experience others are getting helps and he comes back and we win it all

congrats caitlin