Sign in to follow this  
phlegmish

Another dynasty question

small roster dynasty fwiw:

3qb, 4rb, 5wr, 2te, 2 dst, 2k

Give Kupp and Zach Wilson

Get Jeudy, Love and 2024 rd1

Love will be my Back-up QB and Jeudy my WR 3/4

on paper trade is 100% in my favor for long term, but I’m also in win now mode and Kupp could well be the difference if I sit

start QB, 2rb, 3wr, te, dst and kicker

tds 6/8/10

yds 1/20 qb

1/10 for rb/wr/te

.5 reception, .25/carry, and 25 completion = +3

easy answer is take trade, but looking for opinions and ANY good reason to sit pat.  

Current roster

Tua/Wilson/Darnold

Jones, D. Cook, Dobbins, Mostert

kupp, Davante, Keenan, Pittman, Jameson Williams

Hockenson, Kmet

Mia, Dal

Koo, Sanders

What does "tds 6/8/10" mean?  Is it scaling for distance?

I'm not a big fan of Jeudy which makes this trade less appealing, but I certainly don't think you can trade away Kupp and remain in win-now mode.  

Thx

Yes on scaling for distance. and in case anyone wonders this is 12 man league in 30th season. We have no idiot managers

Im not a big fan of Jeudy either and with age of my RBs looming over this team I’m torn.  
i hope I get more opinions because I’m really looking for logical reasons to accept. Love covers bye week (and possible Tua probs) but Jeudy could be 8-10pts/game less than Kupp. While that probably won’t be a prob for getting to playoffs, it may for winning another title.

5 yrs down the road maybe.  But 3-4 top 4 finishes would mean nothing… it’s all about winnin’

Kupp is the best player in that deal, I’m not trading him away, but I’ll gladly take him for Jeudy.  

But based on many others on here that play in dynasty leagues one must bite the bullet and take some tough seasons and rebuild, I say heck no, you play to win.  

weepaws is correct that nobody should trade Kupp for Jeudy. However, he is twisting what has been said about rebuilding in dynasty. I don't think the OP's team needs a rebuild...just another solid draft (or 2) to strengthen it (young RB for starters). If the OP wanted to rebuild though, and wants to trade Kupp, he should shoot for the stars...an early first rounder in this year's draft (maybe another later pick too if you're lucky), and/or a young stud QB or RB - try to really upgrade the other position(s). Doesn't mean he's going to get that offer either, though.

Good luck

EDIT: To rebuild, the OP would consider trading Allen, maybe Adams...older players that are starting the tail end of their careers but still carry the name recognition to get something good in return. The idea to switch out older for younger to stay competitive longer. But as I already stated, his team doesn't need a rebuild and he can get younger in the upcoming draft while maintaining his current roster (depending on roster size).

Of course, this all depends on the specifics of his league set up. For instance, in my dynasty/keeper, our rosters are 20 players but before the draft we cut down to 12. This makes room for the incoming rookies we will draft and everyone's cast-offs to fill back up to 20. The OP's current roster size is 18 but I don't see any rookie names in the mix so I have no idea what their rules are, if/when they drafted, etc...

On 6/8/2023 at 7:02 PM, mattman7168 said:

weepaws is correct that nobody should trade Kupp for Jeudy. However, he is twisting what has been said about rebuilding in dynasty. I don't think the OP's team needs a rebuild...just another solid draft (or 2) to strengthen it (young RB for starters). If the OP wanted to rebuild though, and wants to trade Kupp, he should shoot for the stars...an early first rounder in this year's draft (maybe another later pick too if you're lucky), and/or a young stud QB or RB - try to really upgrade the other position(s). Doesn't mean he's going to get that offer either, though.

Good luck

EDIT: To rebuild, the OP would consider trading Allen, maybe Adams...older players that are starting the tail end of their careers but still carry the name recognition to get something good in return. The idea to switch out older for younger to stay competitive longer. But as I already stated, his team doesn't need a rebuild and he can get younger in the upcoming draft while maintaining his current roster (depending on roster size).

Of course, this all depends on the specifics of his league set up. For instance, in my dynasty/keeper, our rosters are 20 players but before the draft we cut down to 12. This makes room for the incoming rookies we will draft and everyone's cast-offs to fill back up to 20. The OP's current roster size is 18 but I don't see any rookie names in the mix so I have no idea what their rules are, if/when they drafted, etc...

Thnx for replies.

our keepers are unlimited so roster room for rooks is mostly just an effect of shitty drafting in previous seasons and aging players. 

I’ve tried Keenan but he’s not interested.  
I also traded this years 1st + Deebo for Dalvin Cook/Pittman.  Trade offer owner has no 1st this season either so next season is best he can do. 

My estimate of rbs in this draft (appreciate comments on this from anyone!)

bijan/Gibbs/achane/charbonet/brown/Roschon (sic) Johnson

I’d lower Achane since I think (hope) Cook will sign with Mia. 
Other avail pre-draft Edwards-Hilaire/Penny/Perine/Damien Harris

What will fall to 2.9 I don’t know, but should be adequate for rb4. 

But, my main reason for posing this was a need for qb2 given the likelihood that there will be zero chance another starter is avail in draft. We carry 3 so 36 are rostered. Some teams have 3 decent ones and I only have 1 (thx to Mayfield and Wilson being recent picks).  Love is insurance for Tua bye AND possible injury.  If I thought there’s no chance tua would get hurt I’d def keep Kupp and Adams and take an L on his bye week.  pray for another title this year and worry about everything else another day.  

*rebooting this post hoping some other dynasty guys are still on here to offer additional opinions

On 6/7/2023 at 10:33 AM, phlegmish said:

small roster dynasty fwiw:

3qb, 4rb, 5wr, 2te, 2 dst, 2k

Give Kupp and Zach Wilson

Get Jeudy, Love and 2024 rd1

Love will be my Back-up QB and Jeudy my WR 3/4

on paper trade is 100% in my favor for long term, but I’m also in win now mode and Kupp could well be the difference if I sit

start QB, 2rb, 3wr, te, dst and kicker

tds 6/8/10

yds 1/20 qb

1/10 for rb/wr/te

.5 reception, .25/carry, and 25 completion = +3

easy answer is take trade, but looking for opinions and ANY good reason to sit pat.  

Current roster

Tua/Wilson/Darnold

Jones, D. Cook, Dobbins, Mostert

kupp, Davante, Keenan, Pittman, Jameson Williams

Hockenson, Kmet

Mia, Dal

Koo, Sanders

usually the person who gets the best player wins these deals.   and Kupp is by far the best player here.

if you said you are in win now mode, dont do the deal.  Kupp is what I call a gamebreaking player.  hes the type who can win a game by himself if he lights it up on that particular week.   Those kind of players you dont let go of if you think you can win now.

this is an okay trade if playing for the future (though I do think if you shopped around you could probably do better)

If you have a player like Kupp in dynasty, I think you ride him until the wheels fall off unless you are getting an offer you can't refuse.  If you are really sold on Jeudy and Love being more than serviceable fantasy backups (and I'm not sure what you would expect to get with the 24 pick), I suppose the trade makes sense.  Otherwise it seems like you are giving the other guy his #1 WR for two players who won't even crack your regular starting lineup.

If you are seriously thinking of trading Kupp (or any other high end player) at least shop him to the league and see what's the best deal you can get in return.  Another owner might interested and willing to pay more if they know he's available for trade.

In the end its your call. If you are happy with the deal take it and don't look back.  

• Like 1

If the other player isn’t named Jefferson or Chase I’m not interested.  

5 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

If you are seriously thinking of trading Kupp (or any other high end player) at least shop him to the league and see what's the best deal you can get in return.  Another owner might interested and willing to pay more if they know he's available for trade.  

this is never bad advice when dealing a high end player.

lots of times you would get an offer from numerous others if they knew the player was on the trading block.

it is just prudent to make sure you are getting the best value for the player you are unloading.

I would feel comfortable making that trade if you replace Adams with Kupp...but either way your team definitely has a lot of aging assets and your mentality should be focused on one of two things:

Win now with those assets or sell them off while their value is still near its higher point. 

Essentially trading Kupp for Jeudy, Love and a 1st isn't a terrible haul if that first is going to be a high one. If it's a late 1st I'd say absolutely not.