Sign in to follow this  
DocNiner

Detroit TE Sam LaPorta

LaPorta was drafted well after Kincaid and Mayer in the '23 NFL Draft. I see him being drafted late 2nd/early 3rd round in rookie drafts but I also see him gaining some ground in drafts as well. We.don't know where or how much Kincaid will playing Buffalo this year but I suspect he may see quote a bit of play in the slot even with Knox on the field and he may have a modest rookie season. With LaPorta however by the time week 1 rolls around I can definitely see him as.the Lions.startjng TE. WR JAMESON WILLIAMS is suspended for the first 6 games and this will be to LaPorta benefit. He has a competent QB in Goff and with not much outside of WR Amon-Ra St.Brown I.think LaPorta could see a fair amount of targets in his rookie year. My question to you guys is where would you slot LaPorta in redraft leagues and dynasty league. Can you rely on him to be a TE2 on your roster and what kind of production can you see him having his rookie year? What kind of yardage and TD's could be reachable. In all I.think I could see him having the better numbers than Kjncaid & Mayer this year. Do you guys agree? I value the opinions of you guys here because the majority of you have very good fantasy football knowledge  and are.a.lotof times spot on on players value and production. So let's see what.you guys think about this rookie TE who IMO will have at least defent TE2 numbers. Any chance he finishes top 15 for his position? Thanks for your input.

Actually, Laporta was drafted 1 pick ahead of Mayer 34th overall. I could see him being top 15 and putting up TE2 numbers. Goff loves his check downs...

2 hours ago, DocNiner said:

LaPorta was drafted well after Kincaid and Mayer in the '23 NFL Draft. I see him being drafted late 2nd/early 3rd round in rookie drafts but I also see him gaining some ground in drafts as well. We.don't know where or how much Kincaid will playing Buffalo this year but I suspect he may see quote a bit of play in the slot even with Knox on the field and he may have a modest rookie season. With LaPorta however by the time week 1 rolls around I can definitely see him as.the Lions.startjng TE. WR JAMESON WILLIAMS is suspended for the first 6 games and this will be to LaPorta benefit. He has a competent QB in Goff and with not much outside of WR Amon-Ra St.Brown I.think LaPorta could see a fair amount of targets in his rookie year. My question to you guys is where would you slot LaPorta in redraft leagues and dynasty league. Can you rely on him to be a TE2 on your roster and what kind of production can you see him having his rookie year? What kind of yardage and TD's could be reachable. In all I.think I could see him having the better numbers than Kjncaid & Mayer this year. Do you guys agree? I value the opinions of you guys here because the majority of you have very good fantasy football knowledge  and are.a.lotof times spot on on players value and production. So let's see what.you guys think about this rookie TE who IMO will have at least defent TE2 numbers. Any chance he finishes top 15 for his position? Thanks for your input.

Detroit has historically done well with the TE position.   They actually use it in their offensive scheme.

While this kid is a rookie a TE2 outcome (top 24) isnt out of the question if he gets the starting gig.   he is listed already at the top of the depth chart and his competition is an undrafted guy and a guy drafted in round 5 a year ago.

whether he is of value to you largely depends on how deep your league goes, but  I'd currently treat him as a low end TE2.   if he looks good early in camp you may even be able to upgrade him a bit.

hes a bit risky because he is a rookie but if you can get him for nominal cost he may be a nice little pickup.

It would be highly unusual for a rookie TE to be fantasy relevant (especially on a team with Amon-Ra St. Brown), and I only play redraft leagues, so I don't have to concern myself with potential value beyond this year.

26 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

It would be highly unusual for a rookie TE to be fantasy relevant (especially on a team with Amon-Ra St. Brown), and I only play redraft leagues, so I don't have to concern myself with potential value beyond this year.

most formats a guy like this would be irrelevant.   he might be a priority waiver wire pickup if he starts the year hot.

but in dynasty this kid is a nice draft and stash.

He is not as likely to yield immediate results. (though it is certainly possible based on the team he now plays with)

to finish top 24 he likely needs to get between 400 and 450 yards as a rookie or he needs to get 350+ yards with a fair number of TD.    I think that is achievable for this kid.

but finishing top 12 is pushing it.   Everything would need to go right for him for this scenario to play out.    while not impossible, it is unlikely that that particular scenario plays out in 2023-4.

LaPorta will be a TE1 this year.  Not top 5, but solidly top 10.  You can't cover LaPorta or Gibbs with linebackers.   Once Jamo comes back, what do you do, play 6 DBs?   Then both Montgomery and Gibbs will have a field day running the ball.  The flexibility these players gives the Lions is the thing of wet dreams for Ben Johnson.  

The pundits who were screaming at the Lions... why do you draft a RB and TE after when you had Hockinson and Swift....will be choking on all the crow they will be eating. 

36 minutes ago, jonmx said:

LaPorta will be a TE1 this year.  Not top 5, but solidly top 10.  You can't cover LaPorta or Gibbs with linebackers.   Once Jamo comes back, what do you do, play 6 DBs?   Then both Montgomery and Gibbs will have a field day running the ball.  The flexibility these players gives the Lions is the thing of wet dreams for Ben Johnson.  

The pundits who were screaming at the Lions... why do you draft a RB and TE after when you had Hockinson and Swift....will be choking on all the crow they will be eating. 

no I think he will be a TE1 next year.

TE's have a tougher transition to the NFL because they need to know both blocking assignments and pass routes.

not a lot of TE's come into the league and finish top 12 out of the gate.     Not saying its impossible but I'd say it is unlikely.    That said, I'll reserve my decision on that until the training camp reports start coming in.

as for why they got rid of Swift, it is clearly the fact the guy couldnt stay healthy.   the talent was clearly there.   he lit it up when he was healthy.

as for Hock, I think it was more likely a salary cap thing than anything.   it is a deep draft for TE and if they were gonna move on from him this was the time.

Hock is a fantastic talent but I think he could have done so much more with the talent he has.   Either way, hes gone. no point debating the merits of keeping him.  The new kid will be good.   He just might need a little time to get there.

1 hour ago, jonmx said:

LaPorta will be a TE1 this year.  Not top 5, but solidly top 10.

I wouldn't bet your fantasy season on that.

Even Kyle Pitts, who was supposedly this generational talent at TE, barely cracked the top 10 as a rookie, and the vast majority of rookie TEs never appear in the top 20.

If you have a good feeling about him, then carry him as a TE2 just in case, but there's no reason to foolishly ride or die with a rookie TE, and I would argue that at this point in the offseason, you should be carrying a speculative player who has more potential than a TE2 (John Metchie III, for instance).

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Even Kyle Pitts, who was supposedly this generational talent at TE, barely cracked the top 10 as a rookie, and the vast majority of rookie TEs never appear in the top 20.

If you have a good feeling about him, then carry him as a TE2 just in case, but there's no reason to foolishly ride or die with a rookie TE, and I would argue that at this point in the offseason, you should be carrying a speculative player who has more potential than a TE2 (John Metchie III, for instance).

I fully agree.    and I do think you should be able to get him in the last round of nearly any draft you want to enter into so if buying, thats where you should buy unless he looks like the next coming of Kelce in pre season.   even then, I wouldnt overpay for a rookie TE.

Yeah the leagues I have LaPorta he's TE2 on my roster so I'll.see.how he does the 1st few.weeks.and he'll.certainly be.a.bye week filler for my TE1. He's on my roster in some keeper/dynasty leagues so I DON'T have to rely on him this year. He could Crack my lineup if he does well.and has a good matchup. Possible he could be jn the top 15 TE's this year if he plays regularly. I like his upside for the future. Thanks to all of you for your input. Nice points of view.

• Thanks 1

In my two redrafts league all those rookie te will be streamers.  

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I would take LaPorta to destroy Pitts rookie season stats by week 10.

15 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Pretty strong statement and you seem.to have confidence that LaPorta will not only break Pitts rooki uear but to do it by week 10. Don't.think I'm that confident in LaPorta but I surely wouldn't mind if you ended up being correct. I.think he'll.defintely see.his fair share.of targets but when Jameson Williams returns after week.6.his targets could easily decrease.

55 minutes ago, jonmx said:

I have not been opposed to accepting wagers on this site, should you feel certain enough to put a dollar figure on your confidence.

Pitts rookie season PPR point total vs. LaPorta's PPR point total through week 10.  I have Pitts; you have LaPorta for $____.

4 hours ago, DocNiner said:

Pretty strong statement and you seem.to have confidence that LaPorta will not only break Pitts rooki uear but to do it by week 10. Don't.think I'm that confident in LaPorta but I surely wouldn't mind if you ended up being correct. I.think he'll.defintely see.his fair share.of targets but when Jameson Williams returns after week.6.his targets could easily decrease.

hes a Lions Homer.  last year he said Jameson williams would have a huge season.   I told him to wait a year due to being a rookie and coming of an ACL tear.

Now I'm telling him to wait a year for this guy.

I'd say Williams has a better shot at breaking out this year than he has (though it is close)

the one thing I am sure about is that both wont break out this year.    if one breaks out, the other wont.    there is a fair possibility that both will take a step forward without fully breaking out.     

that would imply Williams ends up with 7-800 yards and a handful of TD's and Laporta gets 350-500 yards and a handful of TD.    this may even be the more likely scenario.

I'll reserve judgment on that for now.    this is a situation that we should pay attention to as camp progresses.

Goff had a pretty darn good season last year, I’m not so sure he has that good of a season this year.  If Gibbs can stay healthy he’s going to take a lot of targets away from of those others imo.  

11 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I have not been opposed to accepting wagers on this site, should you feel certain enough to put a dollar figure on your confidence.

Pitts rookie season PPR point total vs. LaPorta's PPR point total through week 10.  I have Pitts; you have LaPorta for $____.

Why would anyone do that?.  If I was going to make a bet which is considered to be a longshot by the consensus, why would I make an even money bet?  For instance, if I believe the Jets are gonna win the SB, I am not taking even money odds, I am going to a sports book and get +1800.  

7 hours ago, Ray_T said:

hes a Lions Homer.  last year he said Jameson williams would have a huge season.   I told him to wait a year due to being a rookie and coming of an ACL tear.

Now I'm telling him to wait a year for this guy.

I'd say Williams has a better shot at breaking out this year than he has (though it is close)

the one thing I am sure about is that both wont break out this year.    if one breaks out, the other wont.    there is a fair possibility that both will take a step forward without fully breaking out.     

that would imply Williams ends up with 7-800 yards and a handful of TD's and Laporta gets 350-500 yards and a handful of TD.    this may even be the more likely scenario.

I'll reserve judgment on that for now.    this is a situation that we should pay attention to as camp progresses.

Fair point, I was high on Jamo.  I thought he would be ready much earlier, and je did not really seem to have his nose in the playbook which contributed to him and Goff never being on the same page.   Despite his suspension, Jamo seems to be working much harder with Goff so he understands what he expects.  

But on the flip side, I did get Goff and ARSB very close and I thought Swift was overrated.  

The buzz of excitement around LaPorta is off the charts though.  ARSB is clearly option number 1, but I see Gibbs and LaPorta as option numbers 2 and 3.   

5 hours ago, jonmx said:

Why would anyone do that?

Oh, I dunno, maybe because they said something like...

17 hours ago, jonmx said:

I guess I missed the part where you said it was a longshot, but I will accept your backpedaling and agree with it--it is a very, VERY long shot for LaPorta to destroy Pitts' rookie season stats by Week 10.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Oh, I dunno, maybe because they said something like...

I guess I missed the part where you said it was a longshot, but I will accept your backpedaling and agree with it--it is a very, VERY long shot for LaPorta to destroy Pitts' rookie season stats by Week 10.

Kind of a clueless statement about betting.  Even if it was almost a sure thing, you would still bet only when given appropriate odds.   

3 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Kind of a clueless statement about betting.  Even if it was almost a sure thing, you would still bet only when given appropriate odds.   

So you'll only bet on the sun coming up tomorrow if you get five-to-one?  lol

The fact remains that you said you would bet on kind of a clueless statement about TEs, with no mention of the odds it would take to get you to accept such a bet, and then you backpedaled when the bet was actually proposed to you, so you are dismissed.

Toodles.

9 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

So you'll only bet on the sun coming up tomorrow if you get five-to-one?  lol

The fact remains that you said you would bet on kind of a clueless statement about TEs, with no mention of the odds it would take to get you to accept such a bet, and then you backpedaled when the bet was actually proposed to you, so you are dismissed.

Toodles.

Lol...you are not very bright.  I am not saying the sun is coming up tomorrow.  I am making a prediction only about 1 percent of people agree.   I am going against all the convential wisdom.  It is like I think a 13 point underdog is going to win by 7.   You want to take the favorite and get 6 points.   Thst is total BS.  I would be a retard to do that.   I am going to find someone who will give me the proper 13 points even if I really think they are going to win by 7. 

6 minutes ago, jonmx said:

I think that is his point.  everyone usually will bet when the odds are appropriate.    he is suggesting you acknowledge the odds of him doing this is less than 1:1 as you wouldnt take his bet.

I'm not encouraging any betting here but I do agree the odds are against him producing in this way as a rookie.   historically that is proven to be the case as very few TE's come in and make a huge impact in year 1.

Pitts actually defiied the odds by getting 1000 yards receiving as a rookie (even though his TD total was paltry)

but 1000 yards receiving is significant in my mind.   Not every TE can do it.

either way, I've had about enough of this debate.  you know how I feel.    Hes a better candidate for a year 2 breakout (possibly year 3).   I fully agree with you that the talent is there but usually it takes some time for the rookies to realize that talent.

if he does break out early, I will look at picking him up off the wire if my TE situation isnt what I want it to be.   But right now he really should only be rostered in dynasty leagues in my opinion.

On 6/26/2023 at 5:55 PM, Ray_T said:

Detroit has historically done well with the TE position.   They actually use it in their offensive scheme.

While this kid is a rookie a TE2 outcome (top 24) isnt out of the question if he gets the starting gig.   he is listed already at the top of the depth chart and his competition is an undrafted guy and a guy drafted in round 5 a year ago.

whether he is of value to you largely depends on how deep your league goes, but  I'd currently treat him as a low end TE2.   if he looks good early in camp you may even be able to upgrade him a bit. It's similar to the €3 game here, so I wouldn't bother much with the choice. It's cheap, and there are no guarantees. It might work sometimes, though.

hes a bit risky because he is a rookie but if you can get him for nominal cost he may be a nice little pickup..

That's probably the main thing. It is not worth paying much for a rookie. Unless he is some kind of superman 🙂

17 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I think that is his point.  everyone usually will bet when the odds are appropriate.    he is suggesting you acknowledge the odds of him doing this is less than 1:1 as you wouldnt take his bet.

I'm not encouraging any betting here but I do agree the odds are against him producing in this way as a rookie.   historically that is proven to be the case as very few TE's come in and make a huge impact in year 1.

Pitts actually defiied the odds by getting 1000 yards receiving as a rookie (even though his TD total was paltry)

but 1000 yards receiving is significant in my mind.   Not every TE can do it.

either way, I've had about enough of this debate.  you know how I feel.    Hes a better candidate for a year 2 breakout (possibly year 3).   I fully agree with you that the talent is there but usually it takes some time for the rookies to realize that talent.

if he does break out early, I will look at picking him up off the wire if my TE situation isnt what I want it to be.   But right now he really should only be rostered in dynasty leagues in my opinion.

He may not show himself at all in year 2 or 3. It is better not to take the risk if it is expensive. You were right about the odds.

On 6/26/2023 at 8:11 PM, DocNiner said:

Maybe not his rookie season, but LaPorta in year 2 will beat up on Pitts' second season and by year 3, he'll be better than Pitts overall. 

I needed receivers bad in my dynasty league, and I traded Pitts for 2 early second round picks and took Mingo with one of them. I took LaPorta with the other pick. 

LaPorta landed in a great spot going to the Lions. 

On 6/26/2023 at 7:52 PM, jonmx said:

Pitts did have over 1,000 yds his rookie year but only 1 td to go along with that. Detroit offense is ascending and Amon-Ra St.Brown will be a big part of that. They picked up RB Montgomery and then drafted RB Gibbs. Even with Monty there I gotta figure that Gibbs is go I ng to be a significant part of the offense. WR Williams will be back after week 6 and he's certainly gonna get targets. Combined with those 3,ARST,GIBBS &WILLIAMS, as much as I hate to say it LaPorta opportunities will take a hit. Not saying he can't be a good TE but as much a proponent of him to excel his rookie year I'm tampering on what he may be able to do. I love the enthusiasm 1of saying he'll break Pitts production by week 10 I just don't see that happening especially with the other weapons Detroit has. I do however feel that if the fantasy gods smile on him he's got a chance to be a top15 TE this year. I certainly feel he'll be a top 20 TE.

I also feel that he'll finish as the top rookie TE thus year with KINCAID & MAYER behind him.If n first some reason Jameson Williams struggles after.he comes back from his suspension, and that could certainly happen, LaPorta's involvement in the offense will increase. I think LaPorta has a bright future in the NFL and at some point be a top 5 TE. Yet for this year it'll be a learning process for him but I can still see him having 500-650 yds receiving and 5 maybe 6 tds. I.say thanks to you guys for the spirited discussion on Sam LaPorta. You made vaild points all around.which is one of the reasons I like this board so much. The knowledge and acumen you guys bring to the table are.second to none and my fantasy game game improved from the info I've received on the site. FFTODAY is by far my favorite football site because it excels in all areas. Looking forward to more input and conversations from you guys. KUDOS TO YOU!!

I’m still not sold that Goff is has good this next season.  

6 hours ago, DocNiner said:

You made vaild points all around.which is one of the reasons I like this board so much. The knowledge and acumen you guys bring to the table are.second to none and my fantasy game game improved from the info I've received on the site. FFTODAY is by far my favorite football site because it excels in all areas. Looking forward to more input and conversations from you guys. KUDOS TO YOU!!

Well thanks, but in this case, if you just follow the rule, "Never draft a rookie TE," you would have been fine anyway.

All the rest of the discussion was just to establish that LaPorta is not an exception to that rule.

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Well thanks, but in this case, if you just follow the rule, "Never draft a rookie TE," you would have been fine anyway.

All the rest of the discussion was just to establish that LaPorta is not an exception to that rule.

rookes do  step in and light it up right away.  it just doesnt happen very often.

I'd say once every decade (give or take) it will happen.

even so, I dont like the odds.

Top 10 seasons by a rookie TE: Pitts closing in on Ditka’s record (yahoo.com)

not that Yahoo is a great source but its tough to muck up stats that have been recorded.

assuming of course that they have not mucked it up, this should be the top 10 TE rookie seasons of all time.   given the time span, its clear big rookie seasons for TE does not happen a lot.

Rookie TEs make for good streamers.  

23 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Well, in this case, the leagues I've drafted.so far.there.is room for a.2nd TE if desired.plus a rookie taxi squad. I let others draft Mayer & Kincaid ahead.of LaPorta and ableto get him late in drafts. Hr.can sit on my bench/taxi squad and be a bye week filler. I don't need him to start but.I'll have him if he gets hot or has a.good matchup. I wouldn't draft.him in redrafts but he'll be niceties hang on to later down the roaf.

3 hours ago, DocNiner said:

Well, in this case, the leagues I've drafted.so far.there.is room for a.2nd TE if desired.plus a rookie taxi squad. I let others draft Mayer & Kincaid ahead.of LaPorta and ableto get him late in drafts. Hr.can sit on my bench/taxi squad and be a bye week filler. I don't need him to start but.I'll have him if he gets hot or has a.good matchup. I wouldn't draft.him in redrafts but he'll be niceties hang on to later down the roaf.

yeah some leagues allow people to start 2 WR, 1 TE and one WR/TE flex (which 95% of the time means everyone starts 3 WR and 1 TE.)

in our league someone decided to try starting 2 TE as you can get TE cheaper than WR in our auction.   problem is  only a handful of TE score enough fantasy points for this to be a viable strategy.     I can see this eventually being a strategy that can work.  it feels like more NFL teams are using the TE as a part of the offense and not just as an extra blocker. 

but the game hasnt evolved to the point where this is a strategy that is likely to work in this format.

Don’t see the need of having two TEs on a ff team , I wouldn’t play in a league that as both a TE slot and a slot for to flex a TE.  

No luck this season, but I’ll try next season to try to convince those in the lof been in since 1988 to drop the stand alone TE slot, and only use on in a flex slot if I needed to make that mistake.  

On 7/1/2023 at 1:43 AM, weepaws said:

Don’t see the need of having two TEs on a ff team , I wouldn’t play in a league that as both a TE slot and a slot for to flex a TE.  

No luck this season, but I’ll try next season to try to convince those in the lof been in since 1988 to drop the stand alone TE slot, and only use on in a flex slot if I needed to make that mistake.  

I have a few leagues with 10 years and roster sizes of 20-22 so.hacing a second TE really isn't an option unless there's a couple that.could have at least average production and a possible bye week filler. Not all leagues ate.10-12 teams with a 15 player roster and I get the fact that.1.TE is plenty on your team. Some guys just like to play in leagues with expanded rosters and have enough bench space for a 2nd TE. There again, do you risk taking a 2nd TE who'll probably not see your lineup more than a couple of weeks or use that pick on depth at RB or WR. I'm in favor of trying to get decent depth at rb/wr that will actually get you more production than a 2nd TE. So unless you grab a top 10 TE in your draft a 2nd TE really won't help your team. In 2 leagues I've drafted I did take LaPorta as a 2nd TE but I had bench space for him.and actually he's on my taxi squad for rookies so I don't feel that's an issue having him stashed. If.he performs well then there's a chance.he remains on my roster for next year.as.these 2 leagues are keeper/dynasty..We can rant and rave all day about how iy's no.use in having more than 1 TE but as I said not all leagues are 12.teams with 15 player rosters. I see nothing wrong with being in a 8-10 team league with a max of 20 players.and then a 2nd TE, like LaPorta is feasible. I love FF.and.like to play.a.lot of different formats and not shackle myself to the same old routine of 12 teams/15 players. They say variety is the spice of life and I like some variety in my FF. I don't regret taking LaPorta as a 2nd TE and I think he'll pay dividends in the future. I appreciate all the view points and discussion that's been posted on this thread and a little controversy can be a good thing.

LaPorta should be the TE2 behind Kincaid in rookie drafts. How soon after just depends on league settings imho.

TEP? I could get behind him being a late 1st rookie pick (1.10-1.12) but I'd prefer him in the 2nd personally. I'm not in love with the running backs around that range though.

In non-TE premium dynasty I think I'd prefer a league with a taxi squad I could stash him in, and then I'd probably throw a dart in the mid-late 2nd. As most have mentioned, it's a tough position for 1st-3rd year guys to break out at.

In redraft he will definitely be a "sleeper", and as camps start and buzz picks up people will surely hype him as a zero-TE darling if folks are passing on the position. But honestly in redraft I'm not taking a backup tightend. I'll play week-to-week if punting the position or just stick with a Freiermuth/Njoku kind of guy.

11 hours ago, DocNiner said:

I have a few leagues with 10 years and roster sizes of 20-22 so.hacing a second TE really isn't an option unless there's a couple that.could have at least average production and a possible bye week filler. Not all leagues ate.10-12 teams with a 15 player roster and I get the fact that.1.TE is plenty on your team. Some guys just like to play in leagues with expanded rosters and have enough bench space for a 2nd TE. There again, do you risk taking a 2nd TE who'll probably not see your lineup more than a couple of weeks or use that pick on depth at RB or WR. I'm in favor of trying to get decent depth at rb/wr that will actually get you more production than a 2nd TE. So unless you grab a top 10 TE in your draft a 2nd TE really won't help your team. In 2 leagues I've drafted I did take LaPorta as a 2nd TE but I had bench space for him.and actually he's on my taxi squad for rookies so I don't feel that's an issue having him stashed. If.he performs well then there's a chance.he remains on my roster for next year.as.these 2 leagues are keeper/dynasty..We can rant and rave all day about how iy's no.use in having more than 1 TE but as I said not all leagues are 12.teams with 15 player rosters. I see nothing wrong with being in a 8-10 team league with a max of 20 players.and then a 2nd TE, like LaPorta is feasible. I love FF.and.like to play.a.lot of different formats and not shackle myself to the same old routine of 12 teams/15 players. They say variety is the spice of life and I like some variety in my FF. I don't regret taking LaPorta as a 2nd TE and I think he'll pay dividends in the future. I appreciate all the view points and discussion that's been posted on this thread and a little controversy can be a good thing.

One of my 14 team half ppr league is turning 34 years this season it’s a redraft 16 player roster, TEs are streamers for me.  

On 6/30/2023 at 11:43 PM, weepaws said:

I wouldn’t play in a league that as both a TE slot and a slot for to flex a TE.  

Different Strokes for Different folks.

I have found each league has almost a personality of its own.   If you dont jive with what makes your league special or unique, you probably shouldnt be in the league.

the one thing I'd say is when going into a new league you need to keep an open mind and NOT expect it to be like any of your other leagues and try not to change it to be like your other league.  it is like a puzzle.  each puzzle is unique and should be treated as such.

I would play in a league that eliminated the Te slot, but as a Te flex slot.