Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

2024 EdEx Winter Meetings

13 hours ago, BiffTannen said:

Get RAHMED is apparently joining LIV

Nippleson says its a done deal...wtf

Slinking around here with a goddammn alias like I’m some sort of second class citizen. 🤬. You guys better vote for me in GOTY. It was the Boston tea party of our time 

• Like 2

On 11/22/2023 at 10:05 PM, BiffTannen said:

Get RAHMED is apparently joining LIV

475 million pounds. they paid him in peefoam’s weight

1 minute ago, edjr said:

475 million pounds. they paid him in peefoam’s weight

Wellness check on KSB may be in order. 

1 hour ago, BiffTannen said:

Wellness check on KSB may be in order. 

😭

I’m out this year.  Sorry fellas, but I have little to no interest in pro golf anymore.  The thrill is gone.  Good luck boys!  

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

we need to plan a golf trip - october/november 2024

KSB lied 🤥 and didn’t respond when I asked him

14 minutes ago, edjr said:

we need to plan a golf trip - october/november 2024

KSB lied 🤥 and didn’t respond when I asked him

WTF are you talking about?  

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

Loser

13 hours ago, edjr said:

Loser

Wait, so I try to start something, get little to no response and I’m the bad guy?

You’re calling me a loser and a liar now for that? Go Fock yourself you ugly fat Fock 

Last I recall you QUIT mid season the EdEx and I plus Biff stepped up and kept it going.  Eat a d!ck.  

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

Wait, so I try to start something, get little to no response and I’m the bad guy?

You’re calling me a loser and a liar now for that? Go Fock yourself you ugly fat Fock 

Last I recall you QUIT mid season the EdEx and I plus Biff stepped up and kept it going.  Eat a d!ck.  

I sent you 2 private message about it. You're dead to me. 

8 minutes ago, edjr said:

I sent you 2 private message about it. You're dead to me. 

You are a weird dude. Have you been up all night on a cocaine bender? JFC. 

Grow up

4 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

You are a weird dude. Have you been up all night on a cocaine bender? JFC. 

Grow up

15 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

You said this no? It's not just a river in Egypt. 

I just need to know which LIV event we are adding to the schedule :dunno:

In case anyone is wondering, yes,  @edjr and I have officially broken up.  Sometimes these things get messy.  You just wait until Travis and Taylor call it quits; that’s gonna be a sh!tshow.  Anyway, I wish you all good luck this EdEx season.  Cheers.  

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

In case anyone is wondering, yes,  @edjr and I have officially broken up.  Sometimes these things get messy.  You just wait until Travis and Taylor call it quits; that’s gonna be a sh!tshow.  Anyway, I wish you all good luck this EdEx season.  Cheers.  

:wub: 

Who wins in a ryder cup style event between PGA and LIV captained (or even playing captained) by Tiger and Phil? was going to make a separate thread. still might.

🤔

Team PGA: Rory, Scottie, Hovland, Cantlay, Xander, Homa, Fitzpatrick, Kim, Hatton, Morikawa, Fleetwood, Spieth?   ... Thomas? Keegs?

Team LIV: Rahm, Cam, Dustin, Brooks, Bryson, Niemann and Mito... former captain america Patrick Reed... then it gets pretty dicey. I'd say Gooch and then some euro team veterans Poulter, Garcia, Casey, 

not nearly as much depth for team LIV but also PGA has a lot of team USA stink to it. 

haters will say PGA because they "play for history and prestige" 🤣

59 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Who wins in a ryder cup style event between PGA and LIV captained (or even playing captained) by Tiger and Phil? was going to make a separate thread. still might.

🤔

Team PGA: Rory, Scottie, Hovland, Cantlay, Xander, Homa, Fitzpatrick, Kim, Hatton, Morikawa, Fleetwood, Spieth?   ... Thomas? Keegs?

Team LIV: Rahm, Cam, Dustin, Brooks, Bryson, Niemann and Mito... former captain america Patrick Reed... then it gets pretty dicey. I'd say Gooch and then some euro team veterans Poulter, Garcia, Casey, 

not nearly as much depth for team LIV but also PGA has a lot of team USA stink to it. 

haters will say PGA because they "play for history and prestige" 🤣

I lean PGA because I see those guys play every week. I still don't know what channel LIV is on so outside of the majors I don't see those guys play and see what kind of form they are in. 

10 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

I lean PGA because I see those guys play every week. I still don't know what channel LIV is on so outside of the majors I don't see those guys play and see what kind of form they are in. 

i saw some bits and pieces of events this past year on CW.  not sure if that coverage continues for the final few events as I was into football mode.

3 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

i saw some bits and pieces of events this past year on CW.  not sure if that coverage continues for the final few events as I was into football mode.

I would watch if they didn't do shotgun starts. It's hard to tell who is in the best position on the leaderboard down the stretch. 

2 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

I would watch if they didn't do shotgun starts. It's hard to tell who is in the best position on the leaderboard down the stretch. 

I believe the final round, while still shotgun, goes off in some order of standing with the final few groups all teeing off on 1. 

I don't really like shotgun starts but then again, when I think about PGA events, I remember how sick I am of all the back nine / front nine crap... which funny enough is something LIV haters point to by saying "liv guys dont play the holes in the same order", well, technically neither do pga players at a lot of events for the first two rounds. 

I also think there is just a little something to having the entire field getting the same conditions as opposed to the ever present morning/afternoon luck of the draw. 

Looks like we are rolling with 9 of us this year. What should we do for event and season long payouts?

I might start a thread to see if we can recruit someone to make it an even 10 team league. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

I might start a thread to see if we can recruit someone to make it an even 10 team league. 

no Posty, it’s not free.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, edjr said:

no Posty, it’s not free.

Shucks…

Saw this after I answered the other thread…

45 minutes ago, posty said:

Shucks…

Saw this after I answered the other thread…

maybe we will do a LIV event for free

2 hours ago, BiffTannen said:

i wouldnt be opposed to 9 (or recruiting a 10th) but i recall us scraping the bottom of the barrel in a few events last season with 11. Rahm is only 1 player but if any others (like finau) jump ship, it's going to feel more and more watered down.

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

i wouldnt be opposed to 9 (or recruiting a 10th) but i recall us scraping the bottom of the barrel in a few events last season with 11. Rahm is only 1 player but if any others (like finau) jump ship, it's going to feel more and more watered down.

I think 10 is perfect and wouldn't recruit for 11, but losing 2 is a bummer. I know we all pissed and moaned about last years Farmers, but once or twice a year it's fun to dig deep and have to do a little research. 

9 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

we could always change to draft 4 or 5 use 2 or something.  lets see what happens. 

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

we could always change to draft 4 use 2 or something.  lets see what happens. 

I'm good with this on fields with limited players/no cut. Half the fun of Majors/full field events is grabbing a sleeper or two.

1 minute ago, edjr said:

we could always change to draft 4 or 5 use 2 or something.  lets see what happens. 

no matter how many we have, i'd like to see us stick with the 6/3 format the edex has always had. We play for fucking tradition. This isn't some non sanctioned side show! :D

seriously though, the more scores have to count, the more drafters have a chance come sunday

Just now, WhiteWonder said:

no matter how many we have, i'd like to see us stick with the 6/3 format the edex has always had. We play for fucking tradition. This isn't some non sanctioned side show! :D

seriously though, the more scores have to count, the more drafters have a chance come sunday

If Michelle Wu were PGA commish and she held a non-white event. How many people would tee off?

Just now, edjr said:

If Michelle Wu were PGA commish and she held a non-white event. How many people would tee off?

Draft 1 score 1

Do you know how many times @KSB2424 said "Edex is the best thing about FFT"  :( 

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

Do you know how many times @KSB2424 said "Edex is the best thing about FFT"  :( 

in  his own way, he pulled a Monahan  :D

On 8/8/2023 at 10:00 AM, bostonlager said:

We had everything rolling smoothly in 23 and the tour had to make some changes that will impact us a bit. 

WhiteWonder posted this link that outlines the changes for 2024

https://www.pgatour.com/article/news/needtoknow/2023/08/07/five-things-to-know--2024-pga-tour-schedule

edjr came up with this schedule and I think it is a winner. Depending on field sizes we may need to adjust rosters from 6 to 4 similar to the 2023 finale. 

On 10/9/2023 at 12:06 PM, WhiteWonder said:

so we are upping from 8 to 10 events? idk if I want to add small field events for the sake of adding events but I guess it could be fun. 

I wonder if designated events really would be better than something like the WMPO? "better" fields but ones where we wont be drafting 6 versus a really fun event that might only have a dozen "top" names. :dunno: interesting. 

shouldn't we be including LIV events now? :D

On 10/13/2023 at 10:33 AM, patweisers44 said:

Do we really need the Arnold Palmer and Wells Fargo?  Ditching those cuts it down to 8 tourneys.

50 per man for each tourney

100 for edex cup

?

In, regardless.

@bostonlager   this is all I see in regards to going from 8 to 10 events. Your main post quotes a schedule edjr came up with (i'm not sure where or when he suggested that)  and then I mentioned that we had more events than prior seasons and it looks like Pat mentioned the same.  Neither of us got a response.  

I know I'm THAT guy.  I am okay with 10 events if it makes sense, I just know more than a few people got tired of doing non sanctioned add on events. I don't want to see people get edex burnout because we are now just adding some of those into the regular schedule.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Looking at the winter meeting thread, it seems we have 10 events, 9 players, so 10x9x50=$4,500 available.

I have no memory of how the payout went last year so I'm just brainfarting here:

Scenario 1, pay out the same for all tourneys

Each event:  $400 total, 200/125/75 for 1/2/3, $4000 overall

Cup:  $500 total, 250/150/100 for 1/2/3, $500 overall

Scenario 2, pay out more for majors

Majors (4): $500 total, 250/150/100, $2000 overall

Other events (6):  $320 total, 160/96/64, $1920 overall

Cup:  $580 total, 290/174/116, $580 overall

Just kicking off the discussion.  :cheers: 

I have no idea if payout breakdown has already been determined but i'll add the following.....

Assuming this is really 10 events   with each event being a $50 buy in ($40 for the event and $10 to edex cup)   

9x$40 = $360 pot for each event     and the edex cup being  10x9x$10 = $900

Everyone's entry fee for the whole season of 10 events is $500.  It kind of feels like winning 2 events should at least cover your season entry fee. Winning 2 out of 10 events is pretty impressive. But if we definitely want to pay 1st,2nd,3rd, I guess $250 for winning an event isn't realistic.   

$360 pot could be $210/$100/$50   so 3rd place basically gets their entry fee back.      and the Edex could be something like $500 - $250 - $150

I would say keep all the events the same. The bonus for the majors is higher edex points on the line.  If 6 of our 10 events only paid $160 to the winner, you could win 3 events and not even cover your entry fee for the season, which seems out of whack. . 

On 12/19/2023 at 12:41 PM, WhiteWonder said:

@bostonlager   this is all I see in regards to going from 8 to 10 events. Your main post quotes a schedule edjr came up with (i'm not sure where or when he suggested that)  and then I mentioned that we had more events than prior seasons and it looks like Pat mentioned the same.  Neither of us got a response.  

I know I'm THAT guy.  I am okay with 10 events if it makes sense, I just know more than a few people got tired of doing non sanctioned add on events. I don't want to see people get edex burnout because we are now just adding some of those into the regular schedule.

I get the burn out factor, but take a look. One event in January and one in February. Everything is backloaded towards spring and summer when football is over. I wouldn't be opposed to dropping the memorial and going with nine, but I'm also down to do ten events We do non-sanctioned on those anyways so I believe a set schedule of adding those events eliminates a need for that. I'm also a gambler, playing in a $500 fantasy golf league gets my diick hard. 

On 12/19/2023 at 1:37 PM, WhiteWonder said:

I have no idea if payout breakdown has already been determined but i'll add the following.....

Assuming this is really 10 events   with each event being a $50 buy in ($40 for the event and $10 to edex cup)   

9x$40 = $360 pot for each event     and the edex cup being  10x9x$10 = $900

Everyone's entry fee for the whole season of 10 events is $500.  It kind of feels like winning 2 events should at least cover your season entry fee. Winning 2 out of 10 events is pretty impressive. But if we definitely want to pay 1st,2nd,3rd, I guess $250 for winning an event isn't realistic.   

$360 pot could be $210/$100/$50   so 3rd place basically gets their entry fee back.      and the Edex could be something like $500 - $250 - $150

I would say keep all the events the same. The bonus for the majors is higher edex points on the line.  If 6 of our 10 events only paid $160 to the winner, you could win 3 events and not even cover your entry fee for the season, which seems out of whack. . 

I'm cool with this and need to read what jerry posted again. At the end of the day I'm good with whatever. I'm just here to keep score and kick ass.