Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Pre-Season Action - Week 3

Final week of the pre-season. Roster cuts will be Tuesday. 

All times Central...

Thursday

Pittsburgh @ Atlanta    6:30 PM
Indianapolis @ Philadelphia    7:00 PM

Friday

Detroit @ Carolina    7:00 PM
New England @ Tennessee    7:15 PM
Los Angeles Chargers @ San Francisco    9:00 PM

Saturday

Buffalo @ Chicago    12:00 PM
Seattle @ Green Bay    12:00 PM
Cleveland @ Kansas City    12:00 PM
Arizona @ Minnesota    12:00 PM
New York Jets @ New York Giants    5:00 PM
Cincinnati @ Washington    5:05 PM
Baltimore @ Tampa Bay    6:00 PM
Miami @ Jacksonville    6:00 PM
Las Vegas @ Dallas    7:00 PM
Los Angeles Rams @ Denver    8:00 PM

Sunday

Houston @ New Orleans    7:00 PM

It seems that NFL coaches haven't really figured out how to best approach the new preseason schedule.  It used to be that week 1 and week 2 were for reaching conclusions on early camp battles, week 3 was the dress rehearsal where most starters played into the second half and week 4 was a last evaluation for final cuts.   With the new schedule, coaches are all over the place with when to play their starters or not.

I don’t know, I know some nfl coaches have said they don’t need more then one preseason game. 

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I don’t know, I know some nfl coaches have said they don’t need more then one preseason game. 

well, the exhibition games are usually to confirm what you already know (or suspect)

if you have a fringe DT maybe your starter who starts opposite him has a certain skillset.   the advantage of the exhibition is that you get to try him against people who may have a slightly (or sometimes drastically) different skillset than what you have on your team.

your veteran starters likely dont really need a whole lot of exhibition play unless they are rehabbing an injury or not in game shape or something of the like.

CFL does 2 exhibition games with an 18 game season.

sometimes that first game can show some players having to shake the rust a bit. but that goes away pretty quickly.

16 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

A couple of long passes by Pickett on the Steelers opening drive. One to Diontae Johnson, one to Pickens. Short TD run for Najee.

yeah, it looks like the game has slowed down for pickett somewhat.   Granted it is pre season..... so it is hard to say how much of this translates to regular season success.

I like R White, I have him ranked just a little bit higher then his current ADP, like a few picks higher, but I’m seeing reports of how much the Bucs like Tucker, I might be moving White to his fur ADP based on that news.  

Pickens is an elite talent and will be a top 10WR next year.

Jaylen Warren WILL be fantasy relavant.  He looks SO much more explosive than Harris.

Pacheco is forever meh.  And I was a big fan last year until I realized, he's just a JAG that runs REAL hard and has good speed.  They'll burn him out before he gets a 2nd contract.

Elliot will take Corey Dillon's role.  TD's in the teens.  Sorry Rhamondre fans (myself included, but you know BB is a d1ck when it comes to RBs).

Theilen will catch 10 TDs or get hurt for the season by the 2nd game.

Dalvin Cook was hired to hold Hall's jock.  He just doesn't know it yet.  They might save him (Cook) for the playoffs, too.  A fresh Cook would be devastating late in the year to opposing defenses.  Breece Hall is a special talent if he can stay on the field.  Folks, the JETS are loaded.  KC better watch out.

Garrett Wilson will be the #1WR in next year's draft if Rodgers comes back.  Kid is very, very special.

MN doesn't make the playoffs.  Packers win division, Lions come in 3rd.

GET READY, CUZ IT GETS WEIRD FROM HERE:

Justin Fields misses at least 1 game due to injury from running too dang much.  He's special in space, but can't take the hits.

Jordan Addison ends up a top 10 WR in fantasy.

David Montgomery rushes for 610 yards, has 37 catches for 360 yards and gets a minimum of 10 goal-line plunges this year.

A. Richardson will end up basically as a huge bust overall in his career.  He's got that "stink" to him sometimes when you watch him play.

J. Taylor has a bad ankle and will never be the same.

D. Henry rushes for 1600/16 against father time and all logic.  He also sets a career record in catches.

14 hours ago, BLS said:

Pickens is an elite talent and will be a top 10WR next year.

Jaylen Warren WILL be fantasy relavant.  He looks SO much more explosive than Harris.

Pacheco is forever meh.  And I was a big fan last year until I realized, he's just a JAG that runs REAL hard and has good speed.  They'll burn him out before he gets a 2nd contract.

Elliot will take Corey Dillon's role.  TD's in the teens.  Sorry Rhamondre fans (myself included, but you know BB is a d1ck when it comes to RBs).

Theilen will catch 10 TDs or get hurt for the season by the 2nd game.

Dalvin Cook was hired to hold Hall's jock.  He just doesn't know it yet.  They might save him (Cook) for the playoffs, too.  A fresh Cook would be devastating late in the year to opposing defenses.  Breece Hall is a special talent if he can stay on the field.  Folks, the JETS are loaded.  KC better watch out.

Garrett Wilson will be the #1WR in next year's draft if Rodgers comes back.  Kid is very, very special.

MN doesn't make the playoffs.  Packers win division, Lions come in 3rd.

GET READY, CUZ IT GETS WEIRD FROM HERE:

Justin Fields misses at least 1 game due to injury from running too dang much.  He's special in space, but can't take the hits.

Jordan Addison ends up a top 10 WR in fantasy.

David Montgomery rushes for 610 yards, has 37 catches for 360 yards and gets a minimum of 10 goal-line plunges this year.

A. Richardson will end up basically as a huge bust overall in his career.  He's got that "stink" to him sometimes when you watch him play.

J. Taylor has a bad ankle and will never be the same.

D. Henry rushes for 1600/16 against father time and all logic.  He also sets a career record in catches.

Pretty solid other than Addison. I’d settle for top 25

On 8/24/2023 at 7:44 PM, Mike FF Today said:

A couple of long passes by Pickett on the Steelers opening drive. One to Diontae Johnson, one to Pickens. Short TD run for Najee.

Pickett will finish in the top 5 QBs this year. 

Top five is way to high for Pickett, maybe top 12.  Fun to stream