Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Joe Burrow

Is he starting tonight or not. It seems very much like the coaching staff is just pulling some gamesmanship in saying he could start in hopes that the team prepares for both qbs. That being said it is not like the backup really needs to be prepared for.  Burrow has had 2 of his worst games as a starter and has been ineffective. The run game is not going to take any pressure off him as they have also been ineffective. But they can not afford to go down 0-3. No team can. 

Monday morning, The Athletic's Dianna Russini reported that there is "optimism" Burrow will play Monday night, adding that his status is "trending in the right direction but his status was still uncertain.

I don't know who that is, but it's the latest "report" I can find. No practice on Thur, and limited practice Fri/Sat. Sounds to me like he doesn't play since he clearly isn't healthy yet. We've seen what hobbled Burrow does... not much. Might as well go with a healthy backup. That's what they're for.

We'll know by 6:45 pm.

I think they are playing some gamesmanship. I can not see him playing now they elevated the practice squad guy 

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports the Bengals are expected to elevate QB Reid Sinnett from the practice squad ahead of Monday night’s Week 3 matchup against the Rams.
This will understandably grab the attention of fans and fantasy managers who are waiting for official word on whether or not Joe Burrow will play in Week 3. Fowler says in a post that elevating Sinnett “gives Cincinnati depth for the Rams game behind Joe Burrow, who’s been nursing a calf issue, and Jake Browning,” suggesting a decision on Burrow has not yet been made. The Athletic’s Dianna Russini reported earlier on Monday that there is “optimism” Burrow will play on Monday, but the decision to elevate Sinnett certainly raises some eyebrows. The Bengals have up until 90 mins before kickoff to decided whether or not to rule Burrow out for this week.

22 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:
I think they are playing some gamesmanship. I can not see him playing now they elevated the practice squad guy 

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports the Bengals are expected to elevate QB Reid Sinnett from the practice squad ahead of Monday night’s Week 3 matchup against the Rams.
This will understandably grab the attention of fans and fantasy managers who are waiting for official word on whether or not Joe Burrow will play in Week 3. Fowler says in a post that elevating Sinnett “gives Cincinnati depth for the Rams game behind Joe Burrow, who’s been nursing a calf issue, and Jake Browning,” suggesting a decision on Burrow has not yet been made. The Athletic’s Dianna Russini reported earlier on Monday that there is “optimism” Burrow will play on Monday, but the decision to elevate Sinnett certainly raises some eyebrows. The Bengals have up until 90 mins before kickoff to decided whether or not to rule Burrow out for this week.

if someone is promoted from the practice squad I'd say the chances of him sitting are good.

obviously things can sometimes change over a half a day but this is not a good sign.

at the end of the day if there is any risk to re-injure I hope they do the right thing and let him sit.   Otherwise they could be without him for a while.

Him active.  

Trade him, I’m sure you can find a buyer. 

yeah his reduced mobility was magnified due to the poor line play. 

bad combination.    good news is he did not re injure it.  so I would think next week would be better.   How much better?  I cannot say.   but better nonetheless.

13 hours ago, Ray_T said:

yeah his reduced mobility was magnified due to the poor line play. 

bad combination.    good news is he did not re injure it.  so I would think next week would be better.   How much better?  I cannot say.   but better nonetheless.

He just can't throw more than 10 yards down field. 

ok so what is the latest on Burrow.  I didnt get to watch his last game.   but he put up numbers against a soft defense.

is it safe to say he is back?   or is it one of those where the defense played like a 27th ranked defense and burrow didnt do anything special?