Sign in to follow this  
ramz04

Nico Collins or Tank Dell

Dell.   I think his relationship with his Qb grows more throughout this season. And he’s very good.  

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Dell.   I think his relationship with his Qb grows more throughout this season. And he’s very good.  

I agree 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I probably won't get both Moss and Dell both this week. If you had to choose one for ppr league?

Just now, gridirongoofs said:

I probably won't get both Moss and Dell both this week. If you had to choose one for ppr league?

Dell by a wide margin. Taylor is about to be back and once he is, moss won’t have any value. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gridirongoofs said:

Great question, thank you for asking it.  

It’s a real tough decision based on Taylor,   Is Taylor going to want to play for the Colts once he’s able to return? That’s a tough one to answer.  

Also depends on your teams need, do you need a Moss at rb over Dell at wr, or the other way around.  

Dell seems like the safer play based on the uncertainty of Taylor.  

Good luck with your final decision. 

• Thanks 1

Dell is my wr 3 so I am biased but so far he has looked like he has a solid connection with his qb, they are not afraid to throw it deep and he is apparently a good wr. That combo seems like a winner to me. 

sample size is too small at this point.

if going strictly by # of targets Robert Woods is the #1 WR in Houston and then Nico and Then Tank

but the reality is the targets for all 3 is fairly close and I think it will vary based on the type of defense the team faces.     Nico is built like a true #1 WR hes big, tall, and can jump.  Tank is not built like a tank.   he's 5'8 and 165 lb.   Now that teams know about him they will be working hard to jam him at the line.  (seems like this may be the way to play the guy, I could be wrong) 

What we dont know is how he as a player will respond to that.   I suspect we are about to find out.   but I would expect against physical defenses who like to jam at the line, Nico and Woods will get the bulk of the targets still.   during garbage time against zone defenses and against softer defenses who dont do a lot of jamming at the line I could see Tank's targets ramping up significantly.

12 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

sample size is too small at this point.

if going strictly by # of targets Robert Woods is the #1 WR in Houston and then Nico and Then Tank

but the reality is the targets for all 3 is fairly close and I think it will vary based on the type of defense the team faces.     Nico is built like a true #1 WR hes big, tall, and can jump.  Tank is not built like a tank.   he's 5'8 and 165 lb.   Now that teams know about him they will be working hard to jam him at the line.  (seems like this may be the way to play the guy, I could be wrong) 

What we dont know is how he as a player will respond to that.   I suspect we are about to find out.   but I would expect against physical defenses who like to jam at the line, Nico and Woods will get the bulk of the targets still.   during garbage time against zone defenses and against softer defenses who dont do a lot of jamming at the line I could see Tank's targets ramping up significantly.

I think you’re underestimating Tank’s talent 

He has a 24 percent target share and a 37 percent of the air yards share in the last 2 games. That looks legit to me. 

Dell he has the better Qb. 

46 minutes ago, ramz04 said:

Curious what y’all think regarding Tank Dell vs zay flowers ROS? Two very similar players.. 

I just dont think the Baltimore offense is gonna be that productive.

but I do think they will both have shining moments as well as days when they are not super productive. (as is the case with rookies)

Lamar is not exactly known for his great throwing skills, its his running ability that makes him a great fantasy QB.    but when he runs he is also taking away from the fantasy value of his WR's.  so there is only so much upside for Flowers in that offense even if hes the #1 WR.

both players should be rostered.   and there will be weeks where it makes sense to start them both but it will be hit or miss much of the season I think.   I do like Tanks upside a bit more but thats my personal preference.  value of both is fairly similar.

• Like 1

I've got Nico (36) ranked ahead of Tank (48) rest of season at the moment but both are in the same Tier. As Ray_T pointed out, Collins has the build of more prototypical NFL WR and is likely to see the edge in snaps, and target share moving forward. Both seem like good Flex options if the Texans are going to let Stroud use his arm in this manner the rest of the season. 

if Stroud throws like he has been all three Texans receivers could be legit flex options in most formats.

my league starts 3 WR so Niko has already had starts for me this year.

That’s the key, if Stroud just keeps getting the job done, both of those wr should have weekly success.