Sign in to follow this  
taco breath

zach wilson, qb, nyj

looks like he is getting benched.

who takes over?  

which free agent?

Benched this week? Is that official?  Have only heard of the Trevor Siemian signing to the Jets practice squad….  I have BHall. Am sure Hall & GWilson managers would appreciate any available updates & sources.

28 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Zach Wilson is starting.

Trevor Simien will be iinactive.

Which is also my understanding from recent updates.

I’m a bit surprised I haven’t seen Flacco mentioned as an option for the Jets.  He is certainly no Mrs Rodgers, but wouldn’t he be a better option than Simien?  I would think Garrett would be happy to have joe tossing him the rock like early 2022…And it wouldn’t take an elite QB to give them a decent chance with the talent they have at skill positions plus their D. Curious what others think…

13 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Zach Wilson is starting.

Trevor Simien will be iinactive.

This is what I expected.

Simien is a nice signing but its gonna be at least 3-4 weeks til he knows enough of the playbook to start.

2 weeks if hes a real fast study but I wouldnt bet on that.   Most of the QB's who are that quick in learning the playbook are probably your high end starters.

5 hours ago, Ray_T said:

This is what I expected.

Simien is a nice signing but its gonna be at least 3-4 weeks til he knows enough of the playbook to start.

2 weeks if hes a real fast study but I wouldnt bet on that.   Most of the QB's who are that quick in learning the playbook are probably your high end starters.

Is it though?

17 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Is it though?

who else are you gonna get?  its not like the waiver wire for fantasy football.

at least he has starting experience and he has shown he can run a pro offense.  Hes at least a decent quality backup QB.   if you were looking for a starting calibre QB most All of those are on a roster.  so its not like the jets have a whole lot of choice.

unless you feel a 35 year old Kaepernick who has been out of football for some years is a better option.

If you feel there are better options out there I'd like to know about it.   At best most of the free agents out there may be comparable but likely have not been a starter at the NFL level ever.   so you got a guy with experience and you didnt have to break the bank or pay a high draft pick to get him.

56 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

who else are you gonna get?  its not like the waiver wire for fantasy football.

at least he has starting experience and he has shown he can run a pro offense.  Hes at least a decent quality backup QB.   if you were looking for a starting calibre QB most All of those are on a roster.  so its not like the jets have a whole lot of choice.

unless you feel a 35 year old Kaepernick who has been out of football for some years is a better option.

If you feel there are better options out there I'd like to know about it.   At best most of the free agents out there may be comparable but likely have not been a starter at the NFL level ever.   so you got a guy with experience and you didnt have to break the bank or pay a high draft pick to get him.

It’d have to be a trade. MAYBE getting a guy like Rivers or Matt Ryan out of retirement, if possible.

Siemian, imo, is just trading one putrid QB for another crap option. You’re not winning with him. Maybe you lose less bad but so what 

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

It’d have to be a trade. MAYBE getting a guy like Rivers or Matt Ryan out of retirement, if possible.

Siemian, imo, is just trading one putrid QB for another crap option. You’re not winning with him. Maybe you lose less bad but so what 

it sounds like they already tried to get Matt Ryan out of retirement and he said No Way.

I think this is one of the better options if they are not gonna go out and spend to bring someone in.

Thing is... I think they are fairly limited in their options. Rodgers is on a Big contract.  its not like they are flush with cash.  and not a lot of guys would want to come here to keep the seat warm for a Rodgers return late in the season.  Not without being shown the money.   so there are issues there.

I have not checked how tight they are to the cap but given the cash Rodgers is costing I cant see them having a ton of cap space to play with.

2 hours ago, Gepetto said:

They should get Carson Wentz.

Definitely. But for some reason nobody wants to touch him with a ten foot pole