Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

Ezekiel Elliott

I tried to avoid him but regardless ended up with him ...any chance fat boy has a good game against his former cowboys 🤷

Dallas d has a lot of speed so running side to side to try to get around the corner (or the end of the line) with a faster back wont likely work.   Arizona went power run up the middle against the dallas D last week with some success.

as a result, I would not be surprised if Belichek tries the same thing with Zeke up the middle, power run.

what I dont know is if the O line in New England is up to the task.    but I'd still expect they will at least try it to see if they can exploit some of the same things Arizona did last week

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

Dallas d has a lot of speed so running side to side to try to get around the corner (or the end of the line) with a faster back wont likely work.   Arizona went power run up the middle against the dallas D last week with some success.

as a result, I would not be surprised if Belichek tries the same thing with Zeke up the middle, power run.

what I dont know is if the O line in New England is up to the task.    but I'd still expect they will at least try it to see if they can exploit some of the same things Arizona did last week

Good analysis thax ray

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

agreed, it looked like zona audibled to run at Parsons' side, off-tackle, which resulted in some big plays... wouldn't be surprised to see Zeke get a ton of work, and then set up play-action to pick on DaRon Bland...

3 hours ago, rallo said:

agreed, it looked like zona audibled to run at Parsons' side, off-tackle, which resulted in some big plays... wouldn't be surprised to see Zeke get a ton of work, and then set up play-action to pick on DaRon Bland...

like I said earlier, I think they will try it.  

what I dont know is if the Pats O line is up to the task.  I heard they were having some O line issues in pre season.  dont know how thats worked into the regular season.

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

like I said earlier, I think they will try it.  

what I dont know is if the Pats O line is up to the task.  I heard they were having some O line issues in pre season.  dont know how thats worked into the regular season.

They haven’t had a healthy group of guys yet. This week Cole strange is out but they did get some others back

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

They haven’t had a healthy group of guys yet. This week Cole strange is out but they did get some others back

well, maybe that will make a difference.

Pats D is pretty good.  so if they can successfully run the ball like the Cards did....there is the potential for an upset.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

well, maybe that will make a difference.

Pats D is pretty good.  so if they can successfully run the ball like the Cards did....there is the potential for an upset.

They will have no answer for ceedee lamb

37 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

one way or another we are about to find out.

Belichek is pretty good at neutralizing one aspect of an offense and forcing teams to do other things to beat them.

but CeeDee is a pretty good WR.  maybe he can overcome this.

I don't know that his status is gonna change a whole lot week to week. He's gonna get some between the tackles carries, get some dump off catches, and some goal line carries if they come. That said...

I'm sure Bill saw the Cowboys get run on last week.

That's a good sign for Zeke. I;m sure they're gonna try to run the ball on them. That's should mean Zeke will get a good amount of carries.

I wouldn't be shocked if He gets something like 50-60 total yards or so, with a short TD an 3-4 catches.

10 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I don't know that his status is gonna change a whole lot week to week. He's gonna get some between the tackles carries, get some dump off catches, and some goal line carries if they come. That said...

I'm sure Bill saw the Cowboys get run on last week.

That's a good sign for Zeke. I;m sure they're gonna try to run the ball on them. That's should mean Zeke will get a good amount of carries.

I wouldn't be shocked if He gets something like 50-60 total yards or so, with a short TD an 3-4 catches.

I could see him having his best game and a revenge type game today. The league loves those kind of stories. 

On 9/30/2023 at 11:41 AM, rallo said:

Wow, so much for picking on Daron bland

22 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

as it turns out Ceedee had a subpar game, but that may not be his fault.  Once again the Dallas Defense stole the show and there was no need to throw the ball in the second half of the game.

So its hard to say how this matchup would have turned out if the game unfolded in a normal way.

Though I'm seeing this tough Dallas D as a hindrance for any dallas receivers for fantasy purposes.    The talent is there, but when the game is salted away by halftime there is no actual need to throw the football.   and why would you risk an intereception to let the losing team back in the game?

anyhow I digress.   But I'll agree that Lambs subpar performance may have been due to gamescript.

15 hours ago, rallo said:

Wow, so much for picking on Daron bland

That's not a good idea, he's for real

13 hours ago, Ray_T said:

as it turns out Ceedee had a subpar game, but that may not be his fault.  Once again the Dallas Defense stole the show and there was no need to throw the ball in the second half of the game.

So its hard to say how this matchup would have turned out if the game unfolded in a normal way.

Though I'm seeing this tough Dallas D as a hindrance for any dallas receivers for fantasy purposes.    The talent is there, but when the game is salted away by halftime there is no actual need to throw the football.   and why would you risk an intereception to let the losing team back in the game?

anyhow I digress.   But I'll agree that Lambs subpar performance may have been due to gamescript.

Yeah, that's the thing with CeeDee, he's gonna have quite a few games like this, where the offense coasts and limits his production. That's probably what will keep him on the lower end scale of the WR1s.  Week 2 against the Jets is the only big game he's had.

On the plus side, nice to see him score his first TD.

4 minutes ago, polecatt said:

That's not a good idea, he's for real

Almost had 2 pick sixes!

I got served the pipe from zeke should of left him on the bench ...he's my weak link ...hoping Jeff Wilson Jr. Comes off ir this week 🙏 

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

Yeah, that's the thing with CeeDee, he's gonna have quite a few games like this, where the offense coasts and limits his production. That's probably what will keep him on the lower end scale of the WR1s.  Week 2 against the Jets is the only big game he's had.

On the plus side, nice to see him score his first TD.

I love his talent.  I do.

but when you see a bunch of games like this (and Dallas has now had a couple of them) I am glad I didnt buy.   when you draft a WR1 you want him to perform each and every week and when the defense does what the Dallas D has been doing, that really hinders the value of any player associated with the passing game.

one or two more games like this from the defense and I'd argue its questionable whether CeeDee is really a WR1.

Talent wise he is.

but when a player doesnt perform for 3 or 4 games out of your 14 game season that brings him pretty close to the line.   it doesnt matter if he doesnt perform due to injury, a bad game from his QB or because of gamescript due to a high performing Defense.....  if he doesnt perform, he doesnt perform.

If I owned this guy I'd strongly consider selling him off while he still has value.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I love his talent.  I do.

but when you see a bunch of games like this (and Dallas has now had a couple of them) I am glad I didnt buy.   when you draft a WR1 you want him to perform each and every week and when the defense does what the Dallas D has been doing, that really hinders the value of any player associated with the passing game.

one or two more games like this from the defense and I'd argue its questionable whether CeeDee is really a WR1.

Talent wise he is.

but when a player doesnt perform for 3 or 4 games out of your 14 game season that brings him pretty close to the line.   it doesnt matter if he doesnt perform due to injury, a bad game from his QB or because of gamescript due to a high performing Defense.....  if he doesnt perform, he doesnt perform.

If I owned this guy I'd strongly consider selling him off while he still has value.

I've had him on my dynasty team since he was a rookie and he's a nice guy to have on the team. That said, he's not my WR1, that would be J Jefferson.

CeeDee at the end of the season, will probably have a stat line something like, 100 catches, 1200-1350 or so yards, and about 6-8 TDs. Which will probably put him in the bottom half of the top 10 of fantasy WRs. That would make him a WR1 in most leagues. 

He kind of reminds me of Julio Jones, not as a player, but a fantasy prospect. He'll be kind of streaky, most weeks he will put up serviceable numbers. You'll take it but you wished he had caught a couple of more passes. About 5-6 games or so though, he will put up big numbers and cover for the other weeks a bit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, polecatt said:

I've had him on my dynasty team since he was a rookie and he's a nice guy to have on the team. That said, he's not my WR1, that would be J Jefferson.

CeeDee at the end of the season, will probably have a stat line something like, 100 catches, 1200-1350 or so yards, and about 6-8 TDs. Which will probably put him in the bottom half of the top 10 of fantasy WRs. That would make him a WR1 in most leagues. 

He kind of reminds me of Julio Jones, not as a player, but a fantasy prospect. He'll be kind of streaky, most weeks he will put up serviceable numbers. You'll take it but you wished he had caught a couple of more passes. About 5-6 games or so though, he will put up big numbers and cover for the other weeks a bit.

I agree, would love to own his as a wr2, but his redraft value is mid to low wr1.  

19 hours ago, weepaws said:

I agree, would love to own his as a wr2, but his redraft value is mid to low wr1.  

that is the dilemma with this guy.

and I hate to say it, but when the mid WR1's are going and you are up to bat, the right move is to pass and let someone else take the chance on him.   if he slides to you in the next round you get him at a price that is more in line with what he delivers.

its tough, but sometimes you gotta draw the hard line on players like this.  pick them where you think there is value and dont reach for them early as the odds of it paying off isnt great.

You gurus got any start / sit advice for deebo facing Dallas this week?