Sign in to follow this  
Engorgeous George

Colorado Trial to Disqualify Trump from the Ballot

32 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

That doesn't add up to 300%

Let them at least try to share their work on it.

And how electric prices never went up until 2021. 

And how drugs weren't an issue until 2021. 

Also, wholesale power prices have dropped but it takes a while for that to get to the consumer because- like many businesses- they are slow to pass savings onto the consumer but quick to pass a rise in cost on.  

• Like 1

Reminder- don't take financial advice from guys with multiple screen names on a fantasy football message board purporting to be a winner. Being able to throw some duct tape over the hole in their airstream is a win for them. 

9 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Reminder- don't take financial advice from guys with multiple screen names on a fantasy football message board purporting to be a winner. Being able to throw some duct tape over the hole in their airstream is a win for them. 

Good thing nobody was, just showing how dumb you are.  On a teacher's salary a $100 per month should matter to you more than most, but, I dont care if you're not smart enough to realize it. 

26 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

“My groceries are only $100 more a month” was truly tone deaf.  Not just to poor people, but, general financial responsibility.  An extra $100 invested per month is 20K in 10 years.  300K in 40.  Accepting that as no big deal is just dumb.  

"Only" Yeah, a cheapskate shopping for one prolly hasn't noticed much difference. 

My wife used to splurge and spend $200 a week on groceries. Now she's buying less and buying cheaper brands when acceptable, and she's spending $400 a week. 

Now, some dumbass will be along shortly to say "$200 to $400 is double, not triple." But like I said, she's buying less and she's buying cheaper brands in some cases. So, yeah, groceries have damn near tripled here. 

But hey, no more mean tweets. And that's the important thing. 

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Maybe dodger will tell us if drugs were ever an issue before 2021 too.

You cant figure out Google and the internet either? IT guy.  🤣

3 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

"Only" Yeah, a cheapskate shopping for one prolly hasn't noticed much difference. 

My wife used to splurge and spend $200 a week on groceries. Now she's buying less and buying cheaper brands when acceptable, and she's spending $400 a week. 

Now, some dumbass will be along shortly to say "$200 to $400 is double, not triple." But like I said, she's buying less and she's buying cheaper brands in some cases. So, yeah, groceries have damn near tripled here. 

https://www.in2013dollars.com/Food/price-inflation/2020-to-2023?amount=200

10 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

You cant figure out Google and the internet either? IT guy.  🤣

😂

15 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

First of all, why do you guys want to keep comparing Biden years to Biden years? 

Second of all, from your link:

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, prices for food are 27.05% higher in 2023 versus 2018 (a $54.10 difference in value).

Between 2018 and 2023: Food experienced an average inflation rate of 4.90% per year. This rate of change indicates significant inflation. In other words, food costing $200 in the year 2018 would cost $254.10 in 2023 for an equivalent purchase. 

As I've said numerous times, she's buying fewer groceries and cheaper brands in many cases. So they aren't "equivalent purchases" and our receipts don't lie. 

17 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

2 people monthly budget is $1,700. Up $500 from 3 years ago.  

Dont listen to anything GutterPedo says. He doesnt know what hes spending, his wife is in charge of finances. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RogerDodger said:

Dont listen to anything GutterPedo says. He doesnt know what hes spending, his wife is in charge of finances. 

Anybody who says the cost of living isn't significantly higher now than it was 4 years ago is either a liar or an idiot. Or both. 

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

First of all, why do you guys want to keep comparing Biden years to Biden years? 

Second of all, from your link:

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, prices for food are 27.05% higher in 2023 versus 2018 (a $54.10 difference in value).

Between 2018 and 2023: Food experienced an average inflation rate of 4.90% per year. This rate of change indicates significant inflation. In other words, food costing $200 in the year 2018 would cost $254.10 in 2023 for an equivalent purchase. 

As I've said numerous times, she's buying fewer groceries and cheaper brands in many cases. So they aren't "equivalent purchases" and our receipts don't lie. 

You're saying Biden caused food prices to triple.  So we want to look at the Biden years, and that shows a 20% increase, not 300%

Look, 20% in 3 years is bad, that is a good starting argument against Biden.  But when you say 300%, it's a blatant lie that I easily proved false.  And it's not necessary to lie either.  Just makes you look foolish.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Is that the mean or the average?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Anybody who says the cost of living isn't significantly higher now than it was 4 years ago is either a liar or an idiot. Or both. 

No one is saying that.  It's just not 300%

7 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

4 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

GutterPedo and crew were also the same guys arguing in the Disney thread that Disney losing money was actually a "profit".  Losing money is the new "makin' money"!!!

Yeah, some of these guys claim to know finance too.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

So there’s no difference between the two? 

9 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Budget is a single number that doesn't change until the end of the fiscal year.

Holy fok you're a moron.  :lol:

Just now, RogerDodger said:

Budget is a single number that doesn't change until the end of the fiscal year.

Holy fok you're a moron.  :lol:

😂

Absolutely clueless.

200 dollars to 254....

"That's 3x as much"...says someone who doesn't know math..

"My wife spends 400 and buys less...." No she doesn't...why do people lie to score Internet points.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

You're saying Biden caused food prices to triple.  So we want to look at the Biden years, and that shows a 20% increase, not 300%

Look, 20% in 3 years is bad, that is a good starting argument against Biden.  But when you say 300%, it's a blatant lie that I easily proved false.  And it's not necessary to lie either.  Just makes you look foolish.

Once again, and for the last time, the trip to the grocery store during the Trump years, resulted in more bags, full of more expensive stuff at about half the price of the fewer bags full of lower quality stuff today. From paper towels to wine. You name it, we've down graded and bought less of it and we're paying twice as much for it.

About the only thing we haven't skimped on is coffee and toilet paper. But there is less of both of those in the cupboard as well. 

So when I'm paying double, for much fewer, lower quality groceries, than I was paying 4 years ago, I think I'm being generous when I say prices have tripled. If I were to go out an buy the same products I used to, in the same quantities, the price would probably be quadruple what it was then. 

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

200 dollars to 254....

"My wife spends 400 and buys less...." No she doesn't...why do people lie to score Internet points.

This place has some really dumb people.

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

200 dollars to 254....

You don't know what the fock you're talking about. 

HTH

Just now, 5-Points said:

Once again, and for the last time, the trip to the grocery store during the Trump years, resulted in more bags, full of more expensive stuff at about half the price of the fewer bags full of lower quality stuff today. From paper towels to wine. You name it, we've down graded and bought less of it and we're paying twice as much for it.

About the only thing we haven't skimped on is coffee and toilet paper. But there is less of both of those in the cupboard as well. 

So when I'm paying double, for much fewer, lower quality groceries, than I was paying 4 years ago, I think I'm being generous when I say prices have tripled. If I were to go out an buy the same products I used to, in the same quantities, the price would probably be quadruple what it was then. 

No, it would be 20% more.

You can keep saying it, the data says you're wrong.

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

200 dollars to 254....

The dumbest are the ones that are ok with 25%.   

My receipts are the only data I need. 

Just now, 5-Points said:

My receipts are the only data I need. 

You don't have any receipts, enough already, stop it 

You don't have any receipts, enough already, stop it 

:lol: you don't know my wife very well. She keeps meticulous notes. I can break down our monthly expenses going back at least a decade. 

Quit while you still can. 

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

That's not how populations work.  Someone is on the extreme high end and that sounds like 5-points.  Mooney is obviously on the low end.   The data points dont all line up on your mean dumbass.  

Just now, 5-Points said:

:lol: you don't know my wife very well. She keeps meticulous notes. I can break down our monthly expenses going back at least a decade. 

Your wife is probably pocketing the extra.  Sorry.

Just now, 5-Points said:

Good woman. :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

That's not how populations work.  Someone is on the extreme high end and that sounds like 5-points.  Mooney is obviously on the low end.   The data points dont all line up on your mean dumbass.  

Hope we get another math lesson, always good for a laugh.

6 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Gun thrown.

6 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Good woman. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:  

Hope we get another math lesson, always good for a laugh.

Anyone with a pea brain knows you cant apply the statistics like you just tried to.  

Just now, 5-Points said:

Gun thrown.

I'm just trying to give you another reason since you insist you're spending double but getting less.  It's not the prices of the goods, as I have proven.  So you're either lying or your wife is swindling you 

6 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Maybe Mrs. 5-Points is serving up dog and cat food. That stuff has gone up more than people food. :lol:

1 minute ago, RogerDodger said:

Anyone with a pea brain knows you cant apply the statistics like you just tried to.  

How so?

4 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Maybe Mrs. 5-Points is serving up dog and cat food. That stuff has gone up more than people food. :lol:

We have a few of those as well. And yes, those prices have gone up too. It's all part of the grocery bill. 

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

I'm just trying to give you another reason since you insist you're spending double but getting less.  It's not the prices of the goods, as I have proven.  So you're either lying or your wife is swindling you 

You haven't proven anything. You think you're right. You're not. 

ETA: Your argument is essentially "I read it on the internet so it must be true." 

The facts on the ground say otherwise.