Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

My Week 14 NFL Rankings

6 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

They desperately need to keep Purdy, McCaffery, and Samuels healthy.  We shall see.

McCaffrey won't make it the rest of the season without blowing a tire. He can't help himself 

Just now, League Champion said:

McCaffrey won't make it the rest of the season without blowing a tire. He can't help himself 

He does run hard.  i've noticed few plyers do anymore.  Lots of guys slide down or go out of bounds to avoid hits, no McCaffrey.  Like walter Payton he lowers his shoulder and gets a few more yards on every carry.

Just now, Engorgeous George said:

He does run hard.  i've noticed few plyers do anymore.  Lots of guys slide down or go out of bounds to avoid hits, no McCaffrey.  Like walter Payton he lowers his shoulder and gets a few more yards on every carry.

He twists himself up a lot at the end of runs. He barely goes down clean. I see no way that he stays healthy. It's McCaffrey, it's going to happen. 

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

He twists himself up a lot at the end of runs. He barely goes down clean. I see no way that he stays healthy. It's McCaffrey, it's going to happen. 

I hope not.  I meet him a few times when he was a kid.  Nice kid, respectful.  

2 hours ago, edjr said:

Do we really need to finish the season?  Lets give the 9ers the trophy and start a new season

Nice jinx :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Nice jinx :thumbsup:

I just want to try and enjoy watching the Patriots.

Can we maybe skip the next couple of seasons?

I remember the early 90s.  :cry: 

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

At least Mat Millen's 0-16 Lions gave us some moments of hope for something to root for to not go winless. Some games were close enough that they had the ball with a chance to go ahead in the final moments. Among them was the Bears game where they actually outplayed the Bears but lost anyway.

Anyway you have to wait at the bottom of the Ferris Wheel to load up a rookie class or two full of the top picks of each round and hope they get to the top.

Just now, Voltaire said:

At least Mat Millen's 0-16 Lions gave us some moments of hope for something to root for to not go winless. Some games were close enough that they had the ball with a chance to go ahead in the final moments. Among them was the Bears game where they actually outplayed the Bears but lost anyway.

Lions fans have certainly paid some dues.  

Dolphins have scored 50 TDs

Jets have scored 13 and the Patriots 16, Giants 17 :lol: 

9 minutes ago, edjr said:

I remember the early 90s.  :cry: 

It’s gonna be bad. :( 

Defense is good but that’ll go out the window with Belichick. Then it’s a total rebuild.

My only solace is that the Krafts will be highly motivated to make the turnaround as quick as possible. But whether they can make the right decisions is another question 

5 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

They do indeed.  That said, I will believe it when I see it.  Am I encouraged over the last two games, yes.  Am I sold, no.  Sometimes the bounces and the calls just go your way.  Look at Denver and their now over 5 game streak.  Denver sucks but for five games the calls and the bounces went their way.  maybe that's what happened for the P-ackers the last two games.  Time will tell. 

You think bounces may have went there way?  Even if they did, you can't see Love starting to "get it" compared to earlier?   The oline was trash early in the season and now I would say it is good.   Watson made no plays and now is making catches like he's Aj Green.  

I'm baffled about your uneasiness on them.  Is anyone saying they are making a SB run?   

They came out and put it on the Lions and Chiefs.  Games ended up closer but they came out and out played both teams.  

Were you expecting a SB contender this year?  I sm confused on your position here?

• Haha 1

Confused by the laughing face.   Me myself a Paxkersfan said they may be able to sneak into playoffs.  8 or 9 wins.  Thats about what they are.  Youngest team in league with a 1st yeat starter at QB.  Their best skill position player and best defender were out vs the chiefs.  Their franchise LT played 1 game.   Their top 3 cbs are not on the field.   Among other injuries.  

I'm excited about their future but Im not or never have expected them to really compete this year.   Things take time when their whole offense is rookies and 2nd year players.  Its basically a college team out there.  

7th round rookie is our top CB when Jaire doesnt play.  Which he hasnt many weeks.  Journeymen Ballentine is thr 2nd CB.  AJ Dillon and no one is at RB.  Missing their top TE who is a rookie and replaced with a lower drafted rookie.  The LT is a 2nd year 7th rounder.   

They are .500 with a 1st year QB and a bunch of rookies and "guys".   I love how they have performed.  Im not jaded to think they are going anywhere.   

In this last draft the packers have 4 guys who start.  6 others who get plenty of snaps.  Thats wild.

Think about that.  

Plus their backup qb came from this last class.  

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

In this last draft the packers have 4 guys who start.  6 others who get plenty of snaps.  Thats wild.

Think about that.  

Plus their backup qb came from this last class.  

And he looked very promising during the preseason.

No, the Packers have done well given their challenges.  I would just like to see a few less pre-snap penalties and all recievers fighting back to the ball when it is underthrown.  I would like to see blocks sustained and I would like to see Dillon run hard everytime.  i would like to see tackles completed and assignments followed.  I would like to see T.E.'s not allowed to run free in the middle of our defense.

Still, given their age, massive amount of injuries, and the fact that they are working through a pile of dead money they are doing well.

I am looking forward to the close out of this season.  Given the schedule they could go on a real nice run here if only they can avoid injuries and get a few back.  Maybe Jones and Alexander this week.

So now that the Lions are falling off the face of the earth, we don't get this on Sunday night anymore? We see you : ninja:

5 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

So now that the Lions are falling off the face of the earth, we don't get this on Sunday night anymore? We see you : ninja:

Hopefully they win their next two games so they can rest their starters for the last two. They'd be locked into the three seed and need to get healthy more than they need to beat Dallas and Minnesota. Alim McNeil, CJGJ, and James Houston may return and Frank Ragnow. Get as much of the band back together because this team use to do some damage before all the starters began to go down and they lost their mojo.

Hopefully.... Denver and Minnesota are .500 teams playing for their playoff lives that won't just roll over.