Sign in to follow this  
stick

Some political tips

Random things y'all might find helpful:

1- Vote early and campaigns will stop sending you political mail. If they don't know that candidate is getting hosed by consultants.
2- Answer every poll you can. Yes they are annoying, but politicians are obsessed with them. Remember, most of them only care about being reelected, so participating in polls allows you to be heard in ways beyond your imagination.
3- Politicians know every single one of their donors. Even a $25 dollar donation, especially to state level politicians will get you instant credit with them. This will allow your voice to be heard if there is an issue you care about.
4- Go to local political meetings if you have an agenda, politicians want to talk to people (so they can "win them over") and these local GOP or DNC meetings matter are a place they can do it. Don't be rude, but go up and shake their hand, say something positive to them, then keep it to one subject you care most about. They'll listen most of the time. If your elected official isn't going to these, that is a red flag.
5- Stop reading news that claims to be "non partisan." There is not such a thing. Find a source that has your world view, and learn how to read past the attempts to control the narrative. Get to the facts yourself, no one else is going to do it for you.
6- Don't post here and then think you can run for office. They will find everything!

HTH
~stick

Don’t support marital rape if you plan to run for office. ~stick

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, MDC said:

Don’t support marital rape if you plan to run for office. ~stick

What about pedo?

3 hours ago, stick said:

6- Don't post here and then think you can run for office. They will find everything!

You can run for office you just have to live with and defend what you post here. 

I've thought about running. I know this place would make it very difficult. Because even when I'm joking it doesn't matter. They would use it against me. 

9 hours ago, stick said:

5- Stop reading news that claims to be "non partisan." There is not such a thing. Find a source that has your world view,

Terrible advice. Just awful.

Better advice is get off the social media echo chamber bullsh1t and follow multiple sources. Easy as that.

21 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Terrible advice. Just awful.

Better advice is get off the social media echo chamber bullsh1t and follow multiple sources. Easy as that.

Show me a news source that isn't biased, there isn't one.

5 minutes ago, stick said:

Show me a news source that isn't biased, there isn't one.

I've seen Fox bash republicans but I don't listen enough to really know.

On 12/27/2023 at 11:41 AM, stick said:

Random things y'all might find helpful:

1- Vote early and campaigns will stop sending you political mail. If they don't know that candidate is getting hosed by consultants.
2- Answer every poll you can. Yes they are annoying, but politicians are obsessed with them. Remember, most of them only care about being reelected, so participating in polls allows you to be heard in ways beyond your imagination.
3- Politicians know every single one of their donors. Even a $25 dollar donation, especially to state level politicians will get you instant credit with them. This will allow your voice to be heard if there is an issue you care about.
4- Go to local political meetings if you have an agenda, politicians want to talk to people (so they can "win them over") and these local GOP or DNC meetings matter are a place they can do it. Don't be rude, but go up and shake their hand, say something positive to them, then keep it to one subject you care most about. They'll listen most of the time. If your elected official isn't going to these, that is a red flag.
5- Stop reading news that claims to be "non partisan." There is not such a thing. Find a source that has your world view, and learn how to read past the attempts to control the narrative. Get to the facts yourself, no one else is going to do it for you.

HTH
~stick

I typed out "7- Don't post that raping your wife or that you smoke pot on internet." and was hovering over "Submit Reply" when I saw #6...nice to see you back ~stick

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I typed out "7- Don't post that raping your wife or that you smoke pot on internet." and was hovering over "Submit Reply" when I saw #6...nice to see you back ~stick

Just spent a couple days browsing here over the holidays, most of the folks I knew are long gone it appears. 😞