Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Russell Wilson trade :o

5 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Who's that QB? Give me a name who has a better pedigree at 10-12 overall? 

You can't name one, in fact you probably can't name more than 2 QBs who are coming out this year. 

Jayden Daniels will be a first rounder in that range. HTH

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

⬆️ HE'S GOOGLING NAMES 😂

Some of us don’t post every 5 minutes for every waking hour of the day. ;) 

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Im not saying hes good. But hes in a bad situation and hasn't had 3 years in thr NFL.  

Why no pass from people?   Yet Fields with doing squat passing gets a pass.  

Who deserves a pass? I'm not saying anyone, including Fields deserves a "pass". He undoubtedly underachieved in Chicago. 

My question is why? We know the situation sucked. He had a different OC and offense every season. You have to take that into consideration. They ran him into the ground. 

Maybe Fields does suck but IMO it's way too early to give up on that talent. 

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

He was projected as #2. The genius Jets picked Zack Wilson 

Fields as starter: 9-27

Wilson as starter:  12-21

Looks like they made the right choice.  

Just now, League Champion said:

What did ya come up with Chief? 

Jayden Daniels ⬆️ 

The Eagles fans wanted Hurts gone, right up until they wanted him to stay.  They will all deny this now, of course, but they were calling for his head.  Packer's fans thought Love was a bust, until they changed their minds. Lamar Jackson was a run only quarterback an DeShawn Watson an Dereck Carr were touted as MVP candidates at various times.

For me the book is open on Fields.  The book is closed on Wilson who was always over-rated thanks to a few lucky splash plays and being the beneficiary of a great defense and a good running game in Seattle.  Others may disagree.  They may well be correct.

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

Who deserves a pass? I'm not saying anyone, including Fields deserves a "pass". He undoubtedly underachieved in Chicago. 

My question is why? We know the situation sucked. He had a different OC and offense every season. You have to take that into consideration. They ran him into the ground. 

Maybe Fields does suck but IMO it's way too early to give up on that talent. 

You don't have to give up.  Im not saying he cant improve.  You also don't have to go overpay for a guy who still looks like a college passer after 3 seasons.  

I’ve seen some improvement from Fields post injury.  

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

You don't have to give up.  Im not saying he cant improve.  You also don't have to go overpay for a guy who still looks like a college passer after 3 seasons.  

We can debate the price, we don't even know what that's gonna be. 

2 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

The Eagles fans wanted Hurts gone, right up until they wanted him to stay.  They will all deny this now, of course, but they were calling for his head.  Packer's fans thought Love was a bust, until they changed their minds. Lamar Jackson was a run only quarterback an DeShawn Watson an Dereck Carr were touted as MVP candidates at various times.

For me the book is open on Fields.  The book is closed on wilson who was always over-rated thanks to a few lucky splash plays and being the beneficiary of a great defense and a good running game in Seattle.  Others may disagree.  They may well be correct.

More mysterious backing of Fields and giving him a pass.  

Guy is like teflon.  

46 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Even with the four games of uncertainty, the seven general managers all had a ballpark for what they believe Fields could command in a trade at this point. None of their proposals included any kind of first-round value. We will get into why in a moment. First, here were the seven suggestions of Fields’ value in draft compensation.

GM one: A second-round and fourth-round pick, pending a “good finish” to the season.

GM two: A second-round pick, pending a “strong finish” to the season.

GM three: A third-round pick, plus another late-round pick that could escalate one round based on performance.

GM four: One third-round pick in the 2024 draft, one fourth-round pick in the 2025 draft.

Bump

If there’s one group of fans that don’t know what a super bowl winning qB looks like it’s Bears fans. QB desert for decades. 

Fields has 15 TD passes in 11 games.  

He had 2 random games of 4 each.  

Ill trade any 1st rounder younwant for that guy!

The Falcons have to be the team with the cleanest fit for Fields, assuming head coach Arthur Smith is able to retain his job for at least one more season. Desmond Ridder has proven to be too turnover-prone and might lose his job (again) before the season is over. The Falcons will also have trouble trading up to the top of the draft to try to get Maye or WIlliams, leaving a trade for Fields as likely their best option moving forward. Fields could be a great fit in Smith’s run-first, play-action-heavy offense. The Falcons also didn't even pick up the phone when Lamar Jackson was reportedly available last offseason. Would they pass up a trade to upgrade at quarterback again?

NOPE

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

More mysterious backing of Fields and giving him a pass.  

Guy is like teflon.  

More an indictment of their coaching and their organization who have done the young man no favors.  I am not bullish on him, I am just holding the door ajar.

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Fields has 15 TD passes in 11 games.  

He had 2 random games of 4 each.  

Ill trade any 1st rounder younwant for that guy!

Again, it was a crappy situation, crappy play caller, horrible coach. 

Mahomes would suck in that offense 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If there’s one group of fans that don’t know what a super bowl winning qB looks like it’s Bears fans. QB desert for decades. 

You are forgetting perhaps Bobby Douglas and or Jack Concannon..

Just now, Engorgeous George said:

More an inictment of their coaching and their organization who have done the young man no favors.  I am not bullish on him, I am just holding the door ajar.

My thoughts exactly. Well stated 

You are forgetting perhaps Bobby Douglas and or Jack Concannon..

Jim McMahon went along for the ride more than Trent Dilfer.  

4 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

More an inictment of their coaching and their organization who have done the young man no favors.  I am not bullish on him, I am just holding the door ajar.

Oh the bears are a mess.  I have conceded he can improve somewhere else.

Im not trading high draft picks to find out tho.  Id rather draft my own guy on a rookie deal than take a guy who needs to improve a good amount to become even a decent passer.

I totally understand he will now have the game of his life and bounce the Packers out in week 18.   

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Again, it was a crappy situation, crappy play caller, horrible coach. 

Mahomes would suck in that offense 

ATL is now the pinnacle of coaching?  

ATL passed on him in his draft.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Weak arm, not a dynamic runner. 

Next 

There’s always the option of drafting a non QB at 10 instead of trading that pick for one Of the worst starting QBs in the league. :dunno: 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Jim McMahon went along for the ride more than Trent Dilfer.  

But, but, but he wore headbands and performed in the Superbowl Shuffle video.

So in s matter of like 3 years thr Falcons will spend a 4th and 10th overall pick and get Pitts and Fields.

Can you say championship?

1 minute ago, MDC said:

There’s always the option of drafting a non QB at 10 instead of trading that pick for one Of the worst starting QBs in the league. :dunno: 

I'm not being a dik. Daniels is intriguing because he's a big body but he's NOT Josh Allen. His arm is below average he's not great on his feet. 

That being said he probably will be drafted top 15, which speaks to how desperate teams are. 

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Oh the bears are a mess.  I have conceded he can improve somewhere else.

Im not trading high draft picks to find out tho.  Id rather draft my own guy on a rookie deal than take a guy who needs to improve a good amount to become even a decent passer.

I totally understand he will now have the game of his life and bounce the Packers out in week 18.   

The way the Packer's season has gone that would not surprise me.  The funny thing is, were that to happen, that might save his job with the Bears.  They are thirsting for a victory over the Packers.  Sort of sad really.  If he could get a win in Green Bay and make both fan bases live with that for an off season that would provide him some real support amoung the Bear's fan base.

4 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

But, but, but he wore headbands and performed in the Superbowl Shuffle video.

So cringe. Travis Kelce would have fit right in.  

The way the Packer's season has gone that would not surprise me.  The funny thing is, were that to happen, that might save his job with the Bears.  They are thirsting for a victory over the Packers.  Sort of sad really.  If he could get a win in Green Bay and make both fan bases live with that for an off season that would provide him some real support amoung the Bear's fan base.

It would be totally bears to do it.  

But I believe they already made up their mind.  There is no way they can just roll with Fields when they hold 2 top 10 picks.  1 being the number 1 overall.  

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

There is no way they can just roll with Fields when they hold 2 top 10 picks.  1 being the number 1 overall.  

This i agree with. There's no way they can't go QB with #1 overall. Unless they trade #1 for the ultimate haul and draft their QB with their 2nd first rounder. Otherwise it has to be Watson.

Not sure whats up with embedding.

But its Kiper saying Daniels is a hot prospect and in no way is Caleb a home run lock at 1.  

I'm not being a dik. Daniels is intriguing because he's a big body but he's NOT Josh Allen. His arm is below average he's not great on his feet. 

That being said he probably will be drafted top 15, which speaks to how desperate teams are. 

I don’t love him as a prospect but if my options were 4 years of cost controlled Daniels vs. one more rookie contract year of Fields I’m going Daniels all day. 

I also don’t hate the idea of a QB needy team taking a flyer on Fields for a pick but a first rounder? Gtfo. 

He went 11 overall and has vastly underwhelmed. Why would any team trade an even higher pick for him. 

Very odd hill to die on.

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Not sure whats up with embedding.

But its Kiper saying Daniels is a high prospect and in now way is Caleb a home run lock at 1.  

I've heard that before but I'd find it hard to believe that anyone is passing on Watson at #1 overall. 

I've heard that before but I'd find it hard to believe that anyone is passing on Watson at #1 overall. 

Probably not.  But things change big all the time.  

In Allens draft, Allen Baker Rosen and Darnold were all said to be the pick at #1 at a point in time through the process.