Sign in to follow this  
Law

QB Play

For a league based on the QB with their huge salaries and all the rules to help them, the QB play this year is pretty bad!

Teams trot out the likes of J Hall, T Siemian, Heinicke and Ridder, Zappe, Stick, and Stidham. I mean, that's 6 teams! They can't do better?

That doesn't even include bad QBs who have actually played somewhat decent like Browning, Rudolph, Tannehill, Beathard, T Taylor, O'Connell. That's another 6!

This is what 12 of 32 NFL teams put on the field. That's more than a third of the league. Embarrassing.

Add Mahomes, Wilson, Wilson, Carr, Young, Howell, Watson, Tommy Cutlets to that list.

NFL isn’t worthy of watching, but yet they are going to expand playing overseas more, and might even find a home overseas for an nfl team, but oh there’s more, people keep buying to watch it, they buy merchandise, they buy tickets , the league doesn’t have to try to sale tickets , the cheap crap is working, and the nfl is getting richer, the consumer like what we see in all types of business is getting the short end, but people keep going back.  

Aside from ff, I don’t watch, or follow or care, I don’t even know any of the teams win/lost records, and I won’t even pay attention to the game come playoffs and the super expect for the stats.  So keep eating up the crap the nfl is serving up.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

NFL isn’t worthy of watching, but yet they are going to expand playing overseas more, and might even find a home overseas for an nfl team, but oh there’s more, people keep buying to watch it, they buy merchandise, they buy tickets , the league doesn’t have to try to sale tickets , the cheap crap is working, and the nfl is getting richer, the consumer like what we see in all types of business is getting the short end, but people keep going back.  

Aside from ff, I don’t watch, or follow or care, I don’t even know any of the teams win/lost records, and I won’t even pay attention to the game come playoffs and the super expect for the stats.  So keep eating up the crap the nfl is serving up.  

You nailed it.  If there were no fantasy games, imagine how many people wouldn’t care at all about professional sports.  And on top of all you said the NFL is trying to turn the televised games into into something else with crap like Taylor Swift.  It’s almost as if they don’t have a clue who’s watching or why.  If it were simply the game on the field, it might get people to tune back in.  Unfortunately you can’t stick a microphone in someone’s face these days w/o them using the opportunity to spew their opinions on whatever they feel like.

Just because the owners are paying top dollar for QBs, doesn't mean they're getting top dollar return on those investments 🤣

While it's fair to chalk a bit of this up to injury, there are a lot of bad QBs this season. However, that's not exactly been uncommon in NFL history.

There's been quite a few eras with bad QB play. We always remember the greats, but we forget the duds.

I think this is just mostly a return to normal after arguably the best era we've ever had for QB play just retired.

From the late 90s, early 2000s, to about 2020 or so, look at all the great QBs.

Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben, Eli, Matt Ryan, Romo, Rivers, Cam Newton, Stafford, just to name a few.  I know, not all won a ring, and had their flaws, but they could all light up a scoreboard. Any given week, it was not uncommon at all to see any of those guys put up 400+ yds and 4 TDs or so. Even the more mediocre QBs could still move the ball.

That era is over. While there are still several good QBs, many teams start QBs that can't complete a screen pass.

Honestly, aside from fantasy and my home team, I couldn't care less about the NFL.  It's an unwatchable product.  Flags on every play, commercials every 2 minutes, QBs I've never heard of, all the political garbage they shove down our throats, etc.  It's just a bad product.

Agree 100%....

I played FB in college (small school) and the level of FB we played seemed much better (fundamentally - albeit with without the athletic prowess) than what is on for most NFL weeks.

I will say I still enjoy going to NFL games.  Watching in person is so much better than the limited view we are exposed on TV.  I took my son to watch Steelers vs Packers this year in Pittsburgh ... TJ Watt is simply an unnatural athlete.   He can be rushing the QB on one side double teamed - shrug off the blocks - then chase the QB down on the OTHER SIDE of the field on a QB scramble in about the span of about 5 seconds.  Or you can see an ILB that weighs 240 cover a speedy slot receiver on pass coverage for 15 yards on a pass play.  It's truly amazing the speed at which these athletes play.

However, as mentioned above, the offense and QB play for a multi-billion $$ industry is dreadful.  Throw in all the Prima Donna BS for simply catching a ball or making a play of no major consequence simply is over the top.  Then add the TV timeouts / poor officiating / marketing - its gotten pretty bad.

RB