The Real timschochet

Timmy’s thread for general discussion

10 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Put another way: you are a narcissist who loves the idea of people coming to your thread to engage with you; the topic at hand is irrelevant and in fact would detract from your scratching your egotistical itch. :thumbsup:

Opening this thread is like going to the zoo and watching a monkey throw poop at himself

Lot of good things happening for Biden right now. He’s taken the lead in almost every swing state and consistently ahead in the national polling as well. It’s early yet and this is going to be a close election. But at the moment I’d rather be Joe. 

Last night at the fundraiser (26 million in one night, unbelievable!) Biden was interrupted by a Palestinian protestor. He listened to her and then responded “she’s got a point. We need to get more aid to Gaza.” Meanwhile, when Trump is confronted with hecklers at his rallies he encourages his followers to physically beat them up. A pretty clear contrast. 

• Haha 3

Alan Dershowitz uses Joe Lieberman’s death to issue a “warning” to Biden: 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/joe-liebermans-last-words-on-israel-biden-cant-take-jewish-voters-for-granted-e9774de1?mod=opinion_lead_pos8

Dershowitz annoys the hell out of me, though I understand him because my late father had the exact same attitude: you are either with Israel or against her. There is no room for this sort of Jew for any criticism of Israeli policy; for them (and it’s mostly Jews over a certain age) the Holocaust is too close. They are unable to see the Jewish people as anything other than victims and this warps their thinking. Israel in their minds must always be the good guys in all situations, no room for doubt. I get that. But it’s a limiting, dangerous position that is extremely problematic at the current time. 

Dershowitz, who I used to kind of like, also annoys me because he is such a self-promoter. His defense of Donald Trump at the first impeachment trial was unforgivable. Also, I suspect he is more guilty in the Epstein stuff than we know. 

• Haha 1

The bridge in Baltimore is going to cost 2 billion to rebuild, at least. And we have to do it. The cost to the economy, both regionally and nationwide, is too great to let this go. And it’s going to have to be federal spending as Maryland cannot afford this price. 

Reasonable people on both sides understand this. Yet we’re already hearing some conservative voices, mostly MAGA types, voicing opposition. Not our responsibility, cut other spending, cut Ukraine spending, secure the border first, etc. etc. Behind these complaints lies the unstated fact that Baltimore is largely a black town with a black mayor. And the MAGA types never want to spend any money in that direction. 

On 3/27/2024 at 5:42 AM, Fireballer said:

Opening this thread is like going to the zoo and watching a monkey throw poop at himself

I know right?  Look at his last few "serious" comments.  

- I don't like Dershowitz because he defends Israel too strongly.  Also he shouldn't have defended Trump, even though that's what our system dictates lawyers do... Also also he is a pedo.

- Baltimore bridge needs to be rebuilt.  I think it should be Fed money.  Some people think we should discuss our other spending in context... they are MAGA types who hate the blackies.

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I know right?  Look at his last few "serious" comments.  

- I don't like Dershowitz because he defends Israel too strongly.  Also he shouldn't have defended Trump, even though that's what our system dictates lawyers do... Also also he is a pedo.

- Baltimore bridge needs to be rebuilt.  I think it should be Fed money.  Some people think we should discuss our other spending in context... they are MAGA types who hate the blackies.

1. Dershowitz doesn’t defend Israel too strongly, he defends them too wrongly. He refuses to entertain any criticism. 

2. His defense of Trump was unforgivable in its content. 

3. Maybe a pedo? One withess/victim said so. I have no way of knowing for sure. 

4. Sorry Jerry I can’t ignore the fact that the underlying theme of so much behind the MAGA movement is blatant racism. Thats just a truth of our age. I don’t mean to insult anyone with it but I’m not going to run away from it because it makes more reasonable conservatives such as yourself uncomfortable. In this situation there is no reasonable alternative to federal spending. And it’s quite reasonable to seriously question the motives of those who suggest otherwise. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

1. Dershowitz doesn’t defend Israel too strongly, he defends them too wrongly. He refuses to entertain any criticism. 

2. His defense of Trump was unforgivable in its content. 

4. Sorry Jerry I can’t ignore the fact that the underlying theme of so much behind the MAGA movement is blatant racism. Thats just a truth of our age. I don’t mean to insult anyone with it but I’m not going to run away from it because it makes more reasonable conservatives such as yourself uncomfortable. In this situation there is no reasonable alternative to federal spending. And it’s quite reasonable to seriously question the motives of those who suggest otherwise. 

Sorry Tim, but any point which ends with "the person I don't like may be a pedo" or "the people who disagree with me are racist" is NOT a serious point.  It is a way to dehumanize your opponents.  Let your points stand on their merits, if you want them to be serious.

I may address your racist-colored MAGA glasses later.

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Sorry Tim, but any point which ends with "the person I don't like may be a pedo" or "the people who disagree with me are racist" is NOT a serious point.  It is a way to dehumanize your opponents.  Let your points stand on their merits, if you want them to be serious.

I may address your racist-colored MAGA glasses later.

I have many reasons for disliking Dershowitz. Thats not the main one (though if it were ever proven it obviously would be.) 

I have stated my reasons for calling MAGA racist, and it is NOT because they disagree with me. Thats not even relevant. Most people who disagree with me (which often seems to be most people, lol) aren’t racist. If you want to defend MAGA against charges of racism go ahead. I think at this point it’s a tough sell. 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

This is factually incorrect.  As I've told you over and over, I have no problem debating you on our differences in opinion.   But it's amazing how frequently you have the actual facts wrong.  Maybe that's why this thread is a ghost town.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

This is factually incorrect.  As I've told you over and over, I have no problem debating you on our differences in opinion.   But it's amazing how frequently you have the actual facts wrong.  Maybe that's why this thread is a ghost town.

First off it’s not factually incorrect. The woman who made the charge dropped it later on, but she did make the charge: 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna56250

She said originally he was one of those who raped her when she was a teenager. Then she recanted. Did she lie about it originally? Did he threaten her legally? Who knows? But the charge was made. 

Second, this thread is a ghost town because its people responding to my posts, and you may not have noticed it but I don’t post as much anymore. I’ve made a few today but before that I’ve been averaging perhaps 1-2 a day for the last couple of weeks or so. The truth is this place is starting to bore me. 

• Haha 2

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

First off it’s not factually incorrect. The woman who made the charge dropped it later on, but she did make the charge: 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna56250

She said originally he was one of those who raped her when she was a teenager. Then she recanted. Did she lie about it originally? Did he threaten her legally? Who knows? But the charge was made. 

Second, this thread is a ghost town because its people responding to my posts, and you may not have noticed it but I don’t post as much anymore. I’ve made a few today but before that I’ve been averaging perhaps 1-2 a day for the last couple of weeks or so. The truth is this place is starting to bore me. 

Tim, I think you raped me when I was 12 years old.  Oh, I guess we get to call you a rapist pedo forever now even if I later realize I "made a mistake", as the accuser in this case did.   It's funny how you mention her original accusation but conveniently forget to mention how she not only dropped her lawsuit, but acknowledges as did her attorney that she may have been mistaken.   It's like how newspapers report when someone is arrested on the front page but bury it, if posting it at all, when they are exonerated.  No wonder you love the MSM so much.

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

First off it’s not factually incorrect.

It is factually incorrect to post someone's original allegation but not also include that they withdrew said allegation.  That's called a smear campaign.  Again, this type of posting pattern may have a lot to do with why you were relegated to your own thread, and that thread is a ghost town.  You might ponder that instead of LOL'ing at it.

44 minutes ago, Strike said:

It is factually incorrect to post someone's original allegation but not also include that they withdrew said allegation.  That's called a smear campaign.  Again, this type of posting pattern may have a lot to do with why you were relegated to your own thread, and that thread is a ghost town.  You might ponder that instead of LOL'ing at it.

You know how I mentioned this forum is boring mr? You’re not helping. 

39 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You know how I mentioned this forum is boring mr? You’re not helping. 

I think that's because he just kicked your ass on this topic. You won't see it tho. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

@Strike is the same guy who says he sees no evidence of Trump inciting violence. Today Trump issued attacks against the daughter of the judge for his upcoming trial. The daughter. But no he’s not inciting people. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

@Strike is the same guy who says he sees no evidence of Trump inciting violence. Today Trump issued attacks against the daughter of the judge for his upcoming trial. The daughter. But no he’s not inciting people. 

It is so fuking amazing that leftist can endlessly attack conservatives as deplorable bigots, put up billboards declaring No Justice, No Peace, burn down cities, threaten to kill judges....and none of their rhetoric is inciting violence.

I am 100 percent dead serious.....how the fuk can you not see your gross and sickening double-standards???

44 minutes ago, jonmx said:

It is so fuking amazing that leftist can endlessly attack conservatives as deplorable bigots, put up billboards declaring No Justice, No Peace, burn down cities, threaten to kill judges....and none of their rhetoric is inciting violence.

I am 100 percent dead serious.....how the fuk can you not see your gross and sickening double-standards???

Because they’re not. There’s no equivalence among liberals or leftists to MAGA. What candidate on the Democratic side pulls this crap? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/03/29/trump-gag-order-judge-daughter-merchan

I don’t defend liberal politicians who call for violence, or at least I wouldn’t defend them if they existed , but they don’t. This is a conservative thing. Nobody else threatens judges and their daughters. It’s disgusting and yet you find a way to excuse it. 

And don’t bring up Kavanaugh or what happened to Steve Scalise. Because in those cases there was no politician egging people on. Here there is. Just as with January 6, with the Pittsburgh shooting, with Paul Pelosi. I could go on and on and on. In each case Trump incited violence. 

• Haha 1

More: 

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/trump-immediately-desist-targeting-judges-daughter-prosecutors/story?id=108668982

Some judge is going to have to throw Trump’s ass in jail already. It’s the only way to get him to shut up. Seriously who else in our society would ever be allowed to get away with this crap? And how in the hell can anyone still support this scumbag? 

• Haha 1

I’m not on this board a lot so I guess I’m a little late to the party. So Tim has relegated himself to a single thread where people must venture into to witness his detachment from reality?  I say this because I haven’t noticed any of his responses in other threads. How irrationally narcissistic. 

14 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I’m not on this board a lot so I guess I’m a little late to the party. So Tim has relegated himself to a single thread where people must venture into to witness his detachment from reality?  I say this because I haven’t noticed any of his responses in other threads. How irrationally narcissistic. 

Yeah, we discussed his narcissism, he admitted it.  

I dislike the idea of this thread for reasons you listed, and I've mentioned, but I confess to a guilty pleasure of coming in occasionally to see how unserious he is in his "serious" thread.  

14 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yeah, we discussed his narcissism, he admitted it.  

I dislike the idea of this thread for reasons you listed, and I've mentioned, but I confess to a guilty pleasure of coming in occasionally to see how unserious he is in his "serious" thread.  

I admitted it laughingly. In all seriousness I don’t think it is. 
I got tired of unserious conversation, and for being attacked all the time for offering my opinion. Several people in this forum have posted that they don’t want me here, they hope I leave. So I figured OK, I’ll post in one thread. If people want to respond to me great. If they don’t that’s fine, and I won’t bother anyone with my takes. But absurdly many of the same people who stated they were sick of me and wanted me gone come in to this thread and respond to my posts- sometimes with stuff like “nobody cares what you think”. Well then why the fuk are they reading it? 

Eventually I’ll probably post in other threads again. But as I mentioned earlier I’m getting bored. I don’t want to talk about transgender stuff all the time. I disagree with most of you on that issue, but it’s not all that interesting. I would love to discuss immigration, but not if it’s only about ugly anecdotes that in my mind are bigoted. I talk about Trump only because you guys have chosen to make him the nominee. I’ll be ecstatic when I don’t have to talk about him again. 

You and I got into some deep discussions about Israel before and I enjoyed those. That’s the sort of discussion I’d love to have. Not just on that subject. 

48 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

1. If you would like my views on any particular subject, all you need is ask. 

2. How am I detached from reality? Please explain. 

36 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I admitted it laughingly. In all seriousness I don’t think it is. 
I got tired of unserious conversation, and for being attacked all the time for offering my opinion. Several people in this forum have posted that they don’t want me here, they hope I leave. So I figured OK, I’ll post in one thread. If people want to respond to me great. If they don’t that’s fine, and I won’t bother anyone with my takes. But absurdly many of the same people who stated they were sick of me and wanted me gone come in to this thread and respond to my posts- sometimes with stuff like “nobody cares what you think”. Well then why the fuk are they reading it? 

Eventually I’ll probably post in other threads again. But as I mentioned earlier I’m getting bored. I don’t want to talk about transgender stuff all the time. I disagree with most of you on that issue, but it’s not all that interesting. I would love to discuss immigration, but not if it’s only about ugly anecdotes that in my mind are bigoted. I talk about Trump only because you guys have chosen to make him the nominee. I’ll be ecstatic when I don’t have to talk about him again. 

You and I got into some deep discussions about Israel before and I enjoyed those. That’s the sort of discussion I’d love to have. Not just on that subject. 

This thread is not in the spirit of a chat board.  Either you want to participate, or you don't.  Eventually I'll stop posting here.

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

This thread is not in the spirit of a chat board.  Either you want to participate, or you don't.  Eventually I'll stop posting here.

Up to you. 

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

This thread is not in the spirit of a chat board.  

Also forgive me if I’m unimpressed with the “spirit” of this particular chat board. 

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Also forgive me if I’m unimpressed with the “spirit” of this particular chat board. 

Well then leave.  :dunno: 

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Unfortunately I’m addicted to political discussion, no matter how awful it’s gotten. 

This thread isn't discussion, it's your narcissism.

3 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

More: 

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/trump-immediately-desist-targeting-judges-daughter-prosecutors/story?id=108668982

Some judge is going to have to throw Trump’s ass in jail already. It’s the only way to get him to shut up. Seriously who else in our society would ever be allowed to get away with this crap? And how in the hell can anyone still support this scumbag? 

GTFO, you are an idiot. The daughter of the judge can post about how she dreams of putting Trump in jail, but Trump can't post a cartoon with no direct reference to her?   You hate so much you can't see straight.  You are right, there is no equivalency.  The leftist bastards are far far far fuking worse. 

Just now, jonmx said:

GTFO, you are an idiot. The daughter of the judge can post about how she dreams of putting Trump in jail, but Trump can't post a cartoon with no direct reference to her?   You hate so much you can't see straight.  You are right, there is no equivalency.  The leftist bastards are far far far fuking worse. 

She’s a private citizen and can post whatever she wants. But when Trump posts about her it’s a threat. Dont you get that? It’s not that difficult: 

I will post in other threads I suppose. We’ll see how it goes. 

You have no control over yourself.  Just accept it. 

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

You have no control over yourself.  Just accept it. 

Well unlike you I can stop thinking about trans people whenever I want. I’m not obsessed with them. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

She’s a private citizen and can post whatever she wants. But when Trump posts about her it’s a threat. Dont you get that? It’s not that difficult: 

Her dad is a judge who can put him in jail.  His daughter is a 34-year old lawyer who represents several famous Democratic figures including Joe Biden....so get out if here with that private citizens bullshit.  She can say whatever she wants, but Trump can respond.  She is not some innocent relative, she is an important figure in this political witch hunt.  Again, you exposed your gross hypocrisy.  You see conservatives as low-life sub-human deplorable creatures who must shut their mouths, while the toxic bastards on the left can endless spew hate-filled nonsense.