Sign in to follow this  
Maximum Overkill

Lithium Mining & Disposal vs Gasoline

Why do Snowflake Liberal States push lithium over gasoline, yet claim they give a crap about the environment? Mining and disposing of lithium is EXTREMELY HARMFUL to the environment. But Liberals care about one thing, money, not the environment. 

Environmental idiots are as stupud as liberals. Most of the time they are the same people though. 

We didn't even get into the disposal of lithium. That's a whole other environmental disaster waiting to happen. 

These toxic metals can contaminate water sources, threatening not only humans but also animal biodiversity. 

Furthermore, some of the metals contained in EV batteries are highly damaging even in small quantities. Since a large majority of them are disposed of in landfills, leaks of environmental contaminants are quite frequent. Often, these leaks lead to underground fires, which release even more pollutants into the atmosphere. When particles of hazardous metals contained in batteries – like arsenic, cadmium, chromium, cobalt, and copper – enter the human respiratory system, they can cause a variety of health problems.

7 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

So you're gonna ditch your cell phone to save the environment?

The environment doesn't need saving, clown. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

So you're gonna ditch your cell phone to save the environment?

Hey dumbass, what has more lithium, a cell phone or a Lithium Powdered Truck battery. Now imagine millions of lithium powered cars, trucks, lawnmowers, busses, etc. 

We haven't even begun to see the negative effects. 

12 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

The environment doesn't need saving, clown. 

So why care about lithium fields?

Just now, Ron_Artest said:

Why worry about banning straws, gas stoves and everything else liberals want to ban if not focusing on the other side? The negative effects.

2 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

You cant be this dumb.  What a troll.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Why worry about banning straws, gas stoves and everything else liberals want to ban if not focusing on the other side? The negative effects.

Banning straws and gas stoves is dumb, so is this.  Congrats.

18 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Banning straws and gas stoves is dumb, so is this

Isn't that the point? 

26 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Isn't that the point? 

You tell us.  You creates this thread with the scary picture and all the posts about how bad this is for the environment.  Are you just trolling?

Just now, Ron_Artest said:

You tell us.  You creates this thread with the scary picture and all the posts about how bad this is for the environment.  Are you just trolling?

I don't think you're understanding very well. 😆

For anyone that cares, one of the reasons that it is so poor for the environment in the OP is because the processing is being performed in a country with lax environment laws.

I am very pro mining of everything, including lithium. When done right it is not an environmental issue, no more than any other mineral.

https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/projects/greenbushes-lithium-mine/

12 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

It's all factual asswipe! 

For you snowflakes who are waiving the "we need lithium power" flag, calm down. CALIFORNIA 

BTW, my wife had a Plaid, hated it. Back to a big old gas guzzling SUV. 

There is no climate crisis, only liberals (the higher ups), needing new revenue streams to make sure their portfolio's can grow to match the inflation rate increases that they're creating. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

There is no climate crisis, only liberals (the higher ups), needing new revenue streams to make sure their portfolio's can grow to match the inflation rate increases that they're creating. 

I wonder what John Kerry is up to?

John Kerry scorched for misleading on private jet use: 'Democrats' standard of hypocrisy'

During the hearing – hosted Thursday by the House Foreign Affairs Committee – Rep. Cory Mills, R-Fla., confronted Kerry about his past private jet use in light of the top administration official's efforts to fight climate change. Kerry said his purported use of a private jet is "one of the most outrageously persistent lies that I hear," adding that he doesn't own a jet and has never "personally" owned a jet.

"Bottom line is that the climate czar is showing a climate hypocrisy when him and his family left a 325 metric ton carbon footprint from their private jet," Mills told Fox News Digital after the hearing. "Meanwhile, Kerry expects the average American to be carbon-neutral and to buy things like unreliable EVs they can’t afford."

"Once again, it’s the Democrats' standard of hypocrisy to tell Americans how to live their lives while they do the opposite," Mills continued.

39 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

For you snowflakes who are waiving the "we need lithium power" flag, calm down. CALIFORNIA 

How long did she have it?  What did she hate about it?

Red and Blue love money.  

On 2/21/2024 at 6:51 AM, Maximum Overkill said:

My wife drives an Explorer.  At a work dinner the other night her boss and a coworker were talking about their Chevy Volts.  Apparently there are some chargers at work, but time is limited.  So and so is the head of supply chain and notoriously overstays his time, but nobody will send him a nastygram because he is the CFO's son... on and on they were complaining about the inconveniences.  Finally my wife turned to another coworker and said, "they aren't exactly selling me about electric cars." 

Boss, overhearing:  "Well, the great thing about it is I don't even know what the price of gas is!" 

Wife:  "Mkay."

My perception is that electric cars are still a cult, with some amount of enjoyment from self-flagellation.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

My wife drives an Explorer.  At a work dinner the other night her boss and a coworker were talking about their Chevy Volts.  Apparently there are some chargers at work, but time is limited.  So and so is the head of supply chain and notoriously overstays his time, but nobody will send him a nastygram because he is the CFO's son... on and on they were complaining about the inconveniences.  Finally my wife turned to another coworker and said, "they aren't exactly selling me about electric cars." 

Boss, overhearing:  "Well, the great thing about it is I don't even know what the price of gas is!" 

My perception is that electric cars are still a cult, with some amount of enjoyment from self-flagellation.

Your wife should've responded with, "Well, at least I won't have to pay as much as $20k to replace my EV battery".

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Well, the problem with the Chevy Volt is it's limited range of about 60 miles.  So yeah, charging at work is almost guaranteed to be needed.  Elon said from the get go that the only way an electric car was going to be viable was if it had the range of a gas powered vehicle and from the get go Tesla's have had range of 200 miles plus.  So most people using them for commuting should be able to charge at home and use the vehicle much more like a gas powered vehicle most of the time. 

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Your wife should've responded with, "Well, at least I won't have to pay as much as $20k to replace my EV battery".

Also...

Her boss said it costs $6 to charge at home, and she would need two charges per week, so $24 for two weeks.  My wife puts maybe $50 for two weeks.  So compared with charging at home, it is $50/month cheaper, or $600/year.  

But obviously, instead of the convenience of charging at home, she chooses to deal with the hassle at the company charger.  I think this is also part of the cult; virtue signaling about your EV.  Anyway, best case, if she never charges at home, she pays $1200/year less than my wife does for gas.

Problem is... she had a perfectly good car, relatively new, that she traded in or sold to get the Volt.  She'll never recoup that initial outlay on $1200/year savings.  My wife's Explorer is a 2017, fairly low mileage, runs great, tons of options they threw into the Limiteds that year (massaging seats, heated/cooled seats, heated steering, good sized touch console, etc.).  She typically keeps a car until it starts to fall apart, so we should get at least 5 more years out of it.

Boss claims that her main motivation is cutting down on commute traffic, and I get that.  Traffic on the freeway by that office kinda sucks, and as a person of convenience, I would pay good money to shorten the commute.  But that seems contradictory to paying a paltry sum to charge at home and not waste a bunch of time at work moving your car around and jockeying for charging position.  :dunno: