Sign in to follow this  
polecatt

Bengals trade Joe Mixon, expected to sign Zack Moss

In one of the most fantasy relevant moves so far, the Bengals are moving on from Joe Mixon at RB and have apparently reached a deal with former Colts RB Zack Moss.

Moss played very well last season in Johnathan Taylor's absence. I think he's a great replacement for Mixon. This could move Moss into the 2nd or even 1st round in some drafts.

Will be interesting to see where Mixon ends up too.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39712401/cincinnati-bengals-release-rb-joe-mixon-reach-2-year-deal-zack-moss

Just now, polecatt said:

In one of the most fantasy relevant moves so far, the Bengals are moving on from Joe Mixon at RB and have apparently reached a deal with former Colts RB Zack Moss.

Moss played very well last season in Johnathan Taylor's absence. I think he's a great replacement for Mixon. This could move Moss into the 2nd or even 1st round in some drafts.

Will be interesting to see where Mixon ends up too.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39712401/cincinnati-bengals-release-rb-joe-mixon-reach-2-year-deal-zack-moss

I think it speaks more to a huge increase for Chase Brown, especially in the passing game. 

Could be.

Definitely should be some fierce competition for the starting RB spot.

Now with both.Chase Brown and Zach Moss toting the rock it'll be interesting to see how both shake out fantasy wise. I think I'd lean more in favor of Chase Brown to get the majority of touches. Also on another note it looks like the Bengals have traded Joe Mixon to the Houston Texans. I like that move for Mixon. Still think he's got plenty left in the tank, a good young QB with several good receivers yet Mixon could produce a decent fantasy season this year. He'll surely get the Lions share of touches at.RB.

Would be carful moving Moss up to high, C Brown is going into his second season, RBBC. With Moss has the early leader. 

I like this move for the Texans, assuming it was not a very high pick. Mixon is only 27 and could have a few good years left despite high usage. Singletary is versatile but not a particularly great runner so this should help them on the ground.

Be interesting to see where mixon ends up ranked in drafts. Could be a great RB2

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I like this move for the Texans, assuming it was not a very high pick. Mixon is only 27 and could have a few good years left despite high usage. Singletary is versatile but not a particularly great runner so this should help them on the ground.

Be interesting to see where mixon ends up ranked in drafts. Could be a great RB2

Singletary left for the Giants. Mixon should get a ton of volume. 

1 minute ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Singletary left for the Giants. Mixon should get a ton of volume. 

Yes I know. My point was it’s a good switch for Houstor :thumbsup:

Interesting to see if Pierce can return to being what he looked like he might be in his rookie season. 

I like this move for Mixon. He certainly slots in as the lead back and with a decent offense with QB Stroud, WRs Nico Collins and Tank Dell(inj.) Mixon sets himself up to have a decent fantasy season. He's definitely an RB2 in fantasy but has a chance,IMO, to putup RB1 numbers. He's only 27 and should have plenty left in the tank. Texans offense is trending upwards and with rookie sensation CJ Stroud they certainly have a good shot at winning the division and making the playoffs regardless. With all the RB shuffling around this year it'll be interesting to see which of these FA runningbacks ends up posting good fantasy numbers in their new homes. It's been a heck of a free agent season so far and hopefully the devalued RB's will show the NFL that they are more relevant than given credit for. Rock on dudes.

I would agree, good landing spot for Mixon, and he’s good in the passing game.