Sign in to follow this  
Maximum Overkill

tyson foods hires illegal immigrants while laying off u.s workers

If you can be so easily replaced that an illegal who doesn't speak the language can do your job.

That's on you boyo.

Surely you agree. 

Oh wait, that describes 80% of MAGAtards.

• Confused 1

Just now, BeachGuy23 said:

If you can be so easily replaced that an illegal who doesn't speak the language can do your job.

That's on you boyo.

Surely you agree. 

Oh wait, that describes 80% of MAGAtards.

Being gay must hurt you bad. 😪

• Haha 1

I’m surprised they’re closing a plant.  I thought they were in high demand because Bill Gates was burning them all down

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

How long before one of board's tards shows up to tell us how this is a good thing?

Too late

5 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Too late

Didn't say good thing boyo.  Said I don't feel sorry for people whose jobs are so unskilled they can be replaced by illegals who don't speak the language. 

Want job security?  Get an education and some actual skills. 

Facts not feelz boyos.  Facts not feelz. 

So lemme understand...

Tyson closed a plant in Iowa due to slow demand, laying off 1,200 people.  That's capitalism.

But they continue to hire in NYC taking advantage of cheap labor, adding to their bottom line, capitalism.

The response by MAGA is we need to put Tyson out of business and put all 120k people out of work.

Did I get that right?

11 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Didn't say good thing boyo.  Said I don't feel sorry for people whose jobs are so unskilled they can be replaced by illegals who don't speak the language. 

It's because they want to save money, not because they're better than American workers! And you wonder why Biden's economy is dog dirt?

14 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

A college education might make some people more employable for some jobs, but it doesn’t make their lives more valuable than the lives of people without college education.  America has millions of good, honest, high character people without college education.  I don’t agree with disparaging people without college education.

10 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

It's because they want to save money, not because they're better than American workers! And you wonder why Biden's economy is dog dirt?

Many of the ones effected by the plant closure aren’t American either 

Just now, TimHauck said:

Many of the ones effected by the plant closure aren’t American either 

I never said that was the case. But I did say that it's all about Tyson saving money. That's always what it is at the end of the day for corporations of this scale. 

It has NOTHING to do with Illegal Immigrants being better workers. 

3 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I never said that was the case. But I did say that it's all about Tyson saving money. That's always what it is at the end of the day for corporations of this scale. 

So you're anti corporate America?

36 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Hurrrr...derrrr

5 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

So you're anti corporate America?

I said what I said, are you insinuating something? 

Gutterboy, shouldn't you be getting the Kids ready Tranny Story Hour? 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Get an education

What would you suggest, perhaps we need another blue hair with a Liberal Arts degree? 

That way they can come out of college making 30 grand a year with $200,000 in tuition debt. 

Seems smart 🤓

3 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I said what I said, are you insinuating something? 

Gutterboy, shouldn't you be getting the Kids ready Tranny Story Hour? 

So if you're against corporate America and capitalism then you're also against the trump tax cuts which slashed corporate taxes and shifted the tax burden to the middle class.  You support Biden economic policy increasing corporate taxes.

22 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Yeah that’s called capitalism.  But considering many of their existing plant workers nationally are/were illegal, saving money by who they hire isn’t why this plant is closing.  The article I posted had some likely factors listed:

“Tyson didn't say why the Perry plant is closing. But two things stand out about the plant: its age, at 61 years for the main facility, and, according to an industry analyst, its size, which doesn't lend itself to an efficiency-increasing second shift.“

54 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

A college education might make some people more employable for some jobs, but it doesn’t make their lives more valuable than the lives of people without college education.  America has millions of good, honest, high character people without college education.  I don’t agree with disparaging people without college education.

I didn't say nor imply that college was the only way to get skilled.  This country needs highly skilled tradesmen badly.

But people who have so little skills that they can be replaced by unskilled workers who don't speak the language, I think it's their own fault. 

36 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Hurrrr...derrrr

Oh wait I get it.

Go out and get some marketable skills boyo.  Stop being so lazy. 

33 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

What would you suggest, perhaps we need another blue hair with a Liberal Arts degree? 

That way they can come out of college making 30 grand a year with $200,000 in tuition debt. 

Seems smart 🤓

LMFAO.  You anti-education people sure have a skewed view of college.  

Fact:  College educated people make hundreds of thousands more than the uneducated on average in their lifetime.  This includes even skilled tradies.  No skill people really have no shot in today's economy. 

13 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

No skill people really have no shot in today's economy. 

I don't disagree my friend. I would recommend looking into Technical College for most young adults. The price of College nowadays doesn't match the potential earnings. Where does $200,000 in debt match a $40,000 a year teaching degree job. Then they cry about their student loans. 

I can't help anyone who makes dumb decisions. 

I didn't go to College and I'm doing very well for myself. It's not for everyone BOYO. 

4 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I don't disagree my friend. I would recommend looking into Technical College for most young adults. The price of College nowadays doesn't match the potential earnings. Where does $200,000 in debt match a $40,000 a year teaching degree job. Then they cry about their student loans. 

I didn't go to College and I'm doing very well for myself. It's not for everyone BOYO. 

There are many many universities that don't cost $200k for a 4 year degree. 

12 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

There are many many universities that don't cost $200k for a 4 year degree. 

As to BOYOs point, a better education equals better pay. Do you want a Harvard education or a Community College education? 

Unfortunately you get what you pay for. And please understand, I don't like that fact. 

21 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Lol

I literally never said everyone should go to college.

Why are the uneducated so sensitive?

5 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

As to BOYOs point, a better education equals better pay. Do you want a Harvard education or a Community College education? 

Unfortunately you get what you pay for. And please understand, I don't like that fact. 

Both my kids went to College Park.  Not close to $200k.  Both make now what it took me into my late 30’s to make.

Oh chit, just gave my stalker Horsegirl more ammunition….damn.

Good choices of college degrees without running up hundreds of thousands in debt can set you up quite well.

I also agree that for those among us who don’t have the mental horsepower trade schools are great.

47 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Oh wait I get it.

Go out and get some marketable skills boyo.  Stop being so lazy. 

Hurrp a duurrrp

Just now, Cloaca du jour said:

Hurrp a duurrrp

Or don’t.

IDGAF

But be a man and don’t cry when an illegal non English speaker takes your job.

SAD

1 minute ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Or don’t.

IDGAF

But be a man and don’t cry when an illegal non English speaker takes your job.

SAD

HODOR!!!

5 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

also agree that for those among us who don’t have the mental horsepower trade schools are great.

My neighbor who makes $175,000+ a year welding at Boeing would strongly disagree. 

2 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

My neighbor who makes $175,000+ a year welding at Boeing would strongly disagree. 

He’d disagree that trade schools are great?

1 minute ago, BeachGuy23 said:

He’d disagree that trade schools are great?

He'd beat your ass for insinuating he doesn't have "mental horsepower". 😂

BTW, here in SC, Boeing, Volvo, Mercedes, BMW and others pay for your training. And they're big money jobs day 1. 

It sucks that you're a Yankee and don't have those resources up North. My kids do 😂

2 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

He'd beat your ass for insinuating he doesn't have "mental horsepower". 😂

BTW, here in SC, Boeing, Volvo, Mercedes, BMW and others pay for your training. And they're big money jobs day 1. 

It sucks that you're a Yankee and don't have those resources up North. My kids do 😂

People with mental horsepower don’t make their living by risking life and limb every day at their job.

They make their living like my son who makes the same as your neighbor, isn’t yet 30, and doesn’t risk life and limb doing his job.

People with the right amount of mental horsepower make their living using their brains and not wielding thousands of degrees torches welding things.

LMFAO

1 hour ago, BeachGuy23 said:

I didn't say nor imply that college was the only way to get skilled.  This country needs highly skilled tradesmen badly.

But people who have so little skills that they can be replaced by unskilled workers who don't speak the language, I think it's their own fault. 

And I disagree.  In fact, I’d say there’s clearly a need for unskilled labor given that so many unskilled labor roles exist.  Therefore, unskilled laborers are very important.  For example, at my wife’s company 2/3 of her employees are unskilled completing repetitive tasks that can’t be effectively automated.  Unskilled labor is a huge market.  It’s not “their own fault “ because there’s no “fault” in being unskilled.

To me, the original comment I quoted from you above sidesteps what should actually be the subject— should American companies hire non-citizens without work visas over American citizens who are legally permitted to work?

Another question for me is this— why is it seemingly so easy to employ illegal aliens without cards?

I know lots of successful people that spend the work day posting on fantasy football message boards. 

3 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

And I disagree.  In fact, I’d say there’s clearly a need for unskilled labor given that so many unskilled labor roles exist.  Therefore, unskilled laborers are very important.  For example, at my wife’s company 2/3 of her employees are unskilled completing repetitive tasks that can’t be effectively automated.  Unskilled labor is a huge market.  It’s not “their own fault “ because there’s no “fault” in being unskilled.

To me, the original comment I quoted from you above sidesteps what should actually be the subject— should American companies hire non-citizens without work visas over American citizens who are legally permitted to work?

Another question for me is this— why is it seemingly so easy to employ illegal aliens without cards?

You make a good point boyo.  We do need unskilled labor, it’s just not a career path I’d recommend.

And no illegals shouldn’t be hired at all.  If there were no jobs they wouldn’t be flooding over here.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I know lots of successful people that spend the work day posting on fantasy football message boards. 

Cause they have the mental horsepower to do so boyo.