Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

***EdEx THE MASTERS 2024***

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

I was listening to a podcast over the weekend and they said the champion must pay for the dinner. 

Maybe that's why he's making his mom make the stew.  🤔

:lol: 

• Haha 2

Jordan Spieth is questionable to play.  Aggravated his wrist as the Texas Valero Open.  So is MW Lee and Ashtray.

26 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Sucks to be you.  If only he can duplicate during the tournament.

He got a hole in one at the masters? 

18 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I don't know all of the tradition, but it seems like he is providing authentic food from his homeland, including his mom's lentil stew which is super cute.  :wub: 

It's not like he's from China and serving raw pangolin from the Wuhan wet market.  :dunno: 

These guys can eat whatever they want at any dinner.  This is more of an experience feel IMO.

Patatas bravas was one of my favorite tapas in both Madrid and Barcelona last year. Pretty much fried chunks of potato with a spicy red sauce and milder white sauce drizzled on top. 

Im biased because I was just there (and apparently heading back to Barcelona for a few days after a Portugal trip in late September)

I could drink beer and eat tapas all day. It's all super inexpensive over there and many of the tapas are larger portions than appetizers at american restaurants. Croquetas, bombas, patatas bravas, spanish omelet, huevos rotos, small sandwiches with iberica ham and cheese on bread or croissant, mini chorizos   are my favorites.  So many good ones though

iberica ham is expensive as fock though. i guess the pigs eat strictly acorns from the region and it really does give the ham its flavor.. delicious. 

14 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I was listening to a podcast over the weekend and they said the champion must pay for the dinner. 

Started the year Tiger won

2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Patatas bravas was one of my favorite tapas in both Madrid and Barcelona last year. Pretty much fried chunks of potato with a spicy red sauce and milder white sauce drizzled on top. 

Im biased because I was just there (and apparently heading back to Barcelona for a few days after a Portugal trip in late September)

I could drink beer and eat tapas all day. It's all super inexpensive over there and many of the tapas are larger portions than appetizers at american restaurants. Croquetas, bombas, patatas bravas, spanish omelet, huevos rotos, small sandwiches with iberica ham and cheese on bread or croissant, mini chorizos   are my favorites.  So many good ones though

iberica ham is expensive as fock though. 

We were in Barcelona about 15 years ago and discovered tapas there; I agree that they are great.  In fact the wife and I use "tapas" as a general term for a dinner with a few appetizers instead of one entree, which is often what we do and share at a restaurant.  :cheers: 

Also I think that ham is so expensive because of all of the torture they need to do to the pigs.  :o 

• Like 1

Tomorrow morning looks like a wash. Assuming the course isn't flooded they should be able to go off sometime around noon. 

19 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Tomorrow morning looks like a wash. Assuming the course isn't flooded they should be able to go off sometime around noon. 

low scores 👎 

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

low scores 👎 

Not with those winds. 

so, late/early is the draw to be? assuming the delay tomorrow causes late tee times to not even go off until friday?

Just now, WhiteWonder said:

so, late/early is the draw to be? assuming the delay tomorrow causes late tee times to not even go off until friday?

Why would that be better?  The late/early folks would play 36 in one day, no?

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Why would that be better?  The late/early folks would play 36 in one day, no?

I would assume most (maybe not tiger) would prefer to avoid 40 mph gusting winds in favor of playing 36 in ideal conditions on friday.

also I have 1 golfer teeing off after 11:00am tomorrow 😆

2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I would assume most (maybe not tiger) would prefer to avoid 40 mph gusting winds in favor of playing 36 in ideal conditions on friday.

Gotcha.  Didn't think of the winds, I presume they are expected to die down by Friday.  :cheers: 

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Gotcha.  Didn't think of the winds, I presume they are expected to die down by Friday.  :cheers: 

it sounds like friday-sunday will be fairly picturesque. 

i paid no attention to tee times as I drafted. there are 30 groups.  I have 5 in the early wave tomorrow :D

maybe it won't be better but that's my gut feeling

4 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Three of mine are after noon EDT.  Rahm is at 10:30 EDT but is bunched with most of the top golfers in that timespan.  I presume that isn't a coincidence?  :dunno: 

did anyone catch Brian Harman’s 2 year old son at the par 3?  Already taller than his dad

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

it sounds like friday-sunday will be fairly picturesque. 

i paid no attention to tee times as I drafted. there are 30 groups.  I have 5 in the early wave tomorrow :D

maybe it won't be better but that's my gut feeling

High winds Friday as well. Calm on Sat//Sun. 

With Min Woo Lee questionable, Pavon is still my first alternate obviously, but I better grab a second. Grillo for that. 

For those that a new to betting golf - Rory McIlroy is +1100 to win this week which means if you bet $100 on him, you lose $100

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

For those that a new to betting golf - Rory McIlroy is +1100 to win this week which means if you bet $100 on him, you lose $100

Low blow for my boy :mad:

4 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Jordan Spieth is questionable to play.  Aggravated his wrist as the Texas Valero Open.  So is MW Lee and Ashtray.

Bhatia dislocated his left shoulder celebrating a 12-foot birdie he delivered on the 18th green during the Valero Texas Open. He had to receive treatment on the first hole of a sudden-death playoff against Denny McCarthy.

was this televised?

15 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Bhatia dislocated his left shoulder celebrating a 12-foot birdie he delivered on the 18th green during the Valero Texas Open. He had to receive treatment on the first hole of a sudden-death playoff against Denny McCarthy.

was this televised?

Fock, wish I knew this.  :wall: 

Rain appears to be tapering off around 10:00 now. Could get under way before noon if we are lucky. 

14 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Rain appears to be tapering off around 10:00 now. Could get under way before noon if we are lucky. 

I actually think tee times will only be delayed about an hour and we’ll get the whole first round in today. Sort of dodged a bullet. 

10 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

I actually think tee times will only be delayed about an hour and we’ll get the whole first round in today. Sort of dodged a bullet. 

This would be even better. I wait all year for this day and the last 5 years now mother nature has punished us. 

THURSDAY, APRIL 11
Honorary Starters: 7:45-8 a.m. (Masters.com, Masters App)
Round 1 ESPN Telecast: 3-7:30 p.m. (ESPN+)
Featured Groups: 9:15 a.m.-7:30 p.m. (Paramount+, ESPN+, Masters.com, Masters App, CBS Sports App)
Featured Holes (4, 5 and 6): 8:45 a.m.-3:30 p.m. (ESPN+, Masters.com, Masters App, CBS Sports App)
Featured Holes (Amen Corner, 11, 12 and 13): 10:45 a.m.-6 p.m. (Paramount+, ESPN+, Masters.com, Masters App, CBS Sports App)
Featured Holes (15 and 16): 11:45 a.m.-7 p.m. (Paramount+, ESPN+, Masters.com, Masters App, CBS Sports App)

I'm not seeing anything on ESPN+ until 1:00 pm. What am I missing?

56 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

THURSDAY, APRIL 11
Honorary Starters: 7:45-8 a.m. (Masters.com, Masters App)
Round 1 ESPN Telecast: 3-7:30 p.m. (ESPN+)
Featured Groups: 9:15 a.m.-7:30 p.m. (Paramount+, ESPN+, Masters.com, Masters App, CBS Sports App)
Featured Holes (4, 5 and 6): 8:45 a.m.-3:30 p.m. (ESPN+, Masters.com, Masters App, CBS Sports App)
Featured Holes (Amen Corner, 11, 12 and 13): 10:45 a.m.-6 p.m. (Paramount+, ESPN+, Masters.com, Masters App, CBS Sports App)
Featured Holes (15 and 16): 11:45 a.m.-7 p.m. (Paramount+, ESPN+, Masters.com, Masters App, CBS Sports App)

I'm not seeing anything on ESPN+ until 1:00 pm. What am I missing?

Just use the Masters app. The thing is fantastic. It's amazing that they never have any issues with speed or connection, considering all the traffic they get.  I have ESPN+ but I always use the Masters app instead

• Like 1

2.5 hour delay. 10:30 EDT, 9:30 CDT.

Overall, not too bad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

2.5 hour delay. 10:30 EDT, 9:30 CDT.

Overall, not too bad. 

I can live with that. 

Any of you guys have tv coverage yet? I'm bouncing between ESPN+ and Paramount and nothing. 

Just now, WhiteWonder said:

Bryson promptly 3 under through 3.    Listen2me

Please delete and take your bad joo joo out on someone else. 

On 4/9/2024 at 8:41 PM, Fumbleweed said:

My team hinges on Cantlay. He was terrific at Riviera, but has struggled in other tourneys this year so far. It was a value pick as I don’t actually have him in my top ten. Probably should have picked Bryson instead, but we’ll see. 

Yep. I suspected Bryson would do well in this tourney, but I allowed him being an LIV guy to get in the way of me taking him where I should have. 

You jinxin'g motherfockers. Quit. 

haha, I'll delete my comment. I only came here to post it because listen2me popped into our thread to nitpick the Bryson selection.  To be fair, he was correct. Bryson was not on my radar because he's never played particularly well here and I think the Masters gods are punishing him for that time he called Augusta a par 68 

Rahmbo living in the fairway bunkers

2 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Rahmbo living in the fairway bunkers

Sorry to hear :(

I'm at the hospital about to have a procedure. Well, small surgery. Nothing bad. Wish me luck. 

Go Rahm! Forks up, Devils! 🔱

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Sorry to hear :(

I'm at the hospital about to have a procedure. Well, small surgery. Nothing bad. Wish me luck. 

Go Rahm! Forks up, Devils! 🔱

Good luck to you, jerry. 

Fock Jon Rahm. 

• Like 1