How do feel about immigration?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How do feel about immigration?

• I am 100% pro immigration for anyone
    • Pro immigration if done legally
    • Against immigration but whatever
    • Close the.borders and take care of ourselves

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

How does this even get organized?  They just coincidently show up at the same time? 

Soros. 

• Haha 2

On 3/30/2024 at 4:48 PM, MDC said:

I’m pro legal immigration, the only kind that Trump reduced.

Look at these Hypocrite Pedocrats 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Maximum Overkill said:

They all did. And then they became the party of Wall Street and big business. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They all did. And then they became the party of Wall Street and big business. 

Who is responsible for the biggest corporate tax cut in history?  Hint, you JO to him every night.

8 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Not sure what this has to do with my post, Peefoam.

Just now, Ron_Artest said:

Who is responsible for the biggest corporate tax cut in history?  Hint, you JO to him every night.

I didn’t say the republicans weren’t a pro Wall Street big business party. They just aren’t the only one anymore, and have taken the back seat compared to the democrats, especially with the emergence of big tech. You’re a very simple sort. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I didn’t say the republicans weren’t a pro Wall Street big business party. They just aren’t the only one anymore, and have taken the back seat compared to the democrats, especially with the emergence of big tech. You’re a very simple sort. 

Biden proposed a Corp tax hike.  Shut up stupid.

2 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Biden proposed a Corp tax hike.  Shut up stupid.

Ha! Very brave of him! You’re a cute kid. 

Winston Churchill 125 years ago, about Islam.  He's not wrong, and it hasn't changed:

Consider the following quote from Churchill’s 1899 book, "River War: An Historical Account of the Reconquest of the Soudan (vol.1)":

How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries, improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement, the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome. 

https://pjmedia.com/raymond-ibrahim/2024/04/16/winston-churchill-gets-the-last-word-on-islam-n4928227

Yeah, he's a racist, and I'm a racist.  That's what soft-minded people say when they don't have a good rebuttal.

6 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Winston Churchill 125 years ago, about Islam.  He's not wrong, and it hasn't changed:

https://pjmedia.com/raymond-ibrahim/2024/04/16/winston-churchill-gets-the-last-word-on-islam-n4928227

Yeah, he's a racist, and I'm a racist.  That's what soft-minded people say when they don't have a good rebuttal.

Muslim extremism is in the same bucket as Christian extremism, and thats the shite bucket.  When religion violates human rights it's wrong, regardless of the religion or the color of the person.

18 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Muslim extremism is in the same bucket as Christian extremism, and thats the shite bucket.  When religion violates human rights it's wrong, regardless of the religion or the color of the person.

So stupid. You get right out of bed and are in full dumbass mode. It’s amazing. 

3 hours ago, Ron_Artest said:

What a stupid false equivalency.  List for me the Christian extremist theocracies behaving like the Muslim ones.  

And to be clear, Churchill (and by proxy, I) was differentiating individual muslims vs. the religion, hence part of my bolded.

Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it.

The difference between radical Muslims and moderate Muslims is that the radicals want to kill you and the moderates want the radicals to kill you.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The difference between radical Muslims and moderate Muslims is that the radicals want to kill you and the moderates want the radicals to kill you.  

Remember the Charlie Hebdo massacre?  Muslims who spoke out against it were few and far between.  The moderates whispered under their breath, "well, he DID draw a cartoon of Muhammed..."

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Remember the Charlie Hebdo massacre?  Muslims who spoke out against it were few and far between.  The moderates whispered under their breath, "well, he DID draw a cartoon of Muhammed..."

They never speak out. Rarely do liberals here. They have thrown their allegiance to Hamas by word or refusal to condemn. AOC and that bald one were asked if they condemn the death to America chants. Neither would. 

@jerryskids there is probably no person in modern world history that I admire more than Winston Churchill. And no I don’t believe his comments that you quoted are racist. (Churchill did make racist comments elsewhere, unfortunately, but these don’t apply.) 

Racism doesn’t occur when you describe negative characteristics of a group of people who believe the same thing, as Churchill did here. It occurs when you describe negative characteristics of a group of people based not on their beliefs, but on their skin color or ethnicity. And bigotry occurs in both cases if you take these negative characteristics and ascribe them to any individual of that group. 

With regard to my last sentence- if you say, “here is a Muslim country, I don’t like their beliefs, I don’t want those beliefs brought over here”, there is nothing wrong with that sentiment. But if you say “here is a family of refugees or immigrants from that Muslim country, they might share that countries’ beliefs which I don’t like, so I don’t want these people here”, THAT is a bigoted attitude that I oppose. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They have thrown their allegiance to Hamas by word or refusal to condemn

Who here supports Hamas?  Shut your mouth you lying turd.

6 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

@jerryskids there is probably no person in modern world history that I admire more than Winston Churchill. And no I don’t believe his comments that you quoted are racist. (Churchill did make racist comments elsewhere, unfortunately, but these don’t apply.) 

Racism doesn’t occur when you describe negative characteristics of a group of people who believe the same thing, as Churchill did here. It occurs when you describe negative characteristics of a group of people based not on their beliefs, but on their skin color or ethnicity. And bigotry occurs in both cases if you take these negative characteristics and ascribe them to any individual of that group. 

With regard to my last sentence- if you say, “here is a Muslim country, I don’t like their beliefs, I don’t want those beliefs brought over here”, there is nothing wrong with that sentiment. But if you say “here is a family of refugees or immigrants from that Muslim country, they might share that countries’ beliefs which I don’t like, so I don’t want these people here”, THAT is a bigoted attitude that I oppose. 

Thanks for the thoughtful response.

Regarding your last paragraph:  I worked with plenty of nice Muslims in my engineering career.  One of my best friends in fact, although he wasn't devout at all.  If we had Canada's approach and brought in professionals, I would have no problem with that.  If you are talking poor migrant families... I'm having a hard time suspending my disbelief on them not bringing some of those radical beliefs with them.  

As I think about it, this captures pretty much my overall attitude towards immigration, not just Muslims.

30 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Who here supports Hamas?  Shut your mouth you lying turd.

Didn’t read it all the way through again. Now go read it, and be a man for once and admit you were wrong. 

Didn’t read it all the way through again. Now go read it, and be a man for once and admit you were wrong. 

47 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They never speak out. Rarely do liberals here. They have thrown their allegiance to Hamas by word or refusal to condemn. AOC and that bald one were asked if they condemn the death to America chants. Neither would. 

I read it all the way through.  It's all right there.  I bolded the part I called you out on.  I don't care about AOC or whoever the bald one is or what they said or didn't say.  They are not here.

You specifically called out liberals here and said they have thrown their allegiance to hamas by word or refusal to condemn.

I asked you which liberal here has done this.  Are you man enough to answer?  Doubt it.

Just now, Ron_Artest said:

I read it all the way through.  It's all right there.  I bolded the part I called you out on.  I don't care about AOC or whoever the bald one is or what they said or didn't say.  They are not here.

You specifically called out liberals here and said they have thrown their allegiance to hamas by word or refusal to condemn.

I asked you which liberal here has done this.  Are you man enough to answer?  Doubt it.

Here meaning the U S as we were talking about the Hedbo Muslim massacre and then I referenced two congress women as examples. I’m not sure if AOC posts here or not but I can’t say for sure. Are you AOC? If so, nice titts

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Horseman said:

For Dems, as long as you save one family from the horror that is Mexico....then 15 child rapists are worth it.  Hey ya win some ya lose some. 

15 minutes ago, Horseman said:

100 pct on Joe Biden and those that voted for him. 

I recall reading about the fine vittles immigrants were were given when they left Ellis island.