How do you feel about immigration?

How do feel about immigration?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How do feel about immigration?

• I am 100% pro immigration for anyone
    • Pro immigration if done legally
    • Against immigration but whatever
    • Close the.borders and take care of ourselves

I think the real question is how much do you care about the topic?

For Trumpers, this is #1A of their concerns.

For me, it’s pretty far down there. I’d have to list them out to say for sure but I imagine it’s probably fifth or sixth in terms of large, big picture issues like the economy, healthcare, foreign relations etc.

So it’s not necessarily that we disagree. I’m against illegal immigration too because it is, well, illegal. It’s just that Trumpers focus almost exclusively on that issue while others see it as merely one of many important issues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

For me, it’s pretty far down there. I’d have to list them out to say for sure but I imagine it’s probably fifth or sixth in terms of large, big picture issues like the economy, healthcare, foreign relations etc.

So it’s not necessarily that we disagree. I’m against illegal immigration too because it is, well, illegal. It’s just that Trumpers focus almost exclusively on that issue while others see it as merely one of many important issues.

But illegal immigration, especially at the current rate, has a deleterious effect on all of those issues.  

Just now, 5-Points said:

But illegal immigration, especially at the current rate, has a deleterious effect on all of those issues.  

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

ive done this a dozen times

Come back tomorrow and the libtards will be denying he said that or something about nuance. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Come back tomorrow and the libtards will be denying he said that or something about nuance. 

It’s how they work. They spin everything Biden says and touching girls into a positive. And takes everything Trump says peacefully and spins it into insurrection

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

It’s how they work. They spin everything Biden says and touching girls into a positive. And takes everything Trump says peacefully and spins it into insurrection

Biden, and all Dems, are to be taken figuratively and construed in the best possible context. Trump is to be taken literally and misconstrued to be in the worst possible context. 

It's how they rouse the rabble. 

I’m not bothered at all by asylum seekers - that is legal immigration. I’m against migrants illegally crossing the border and US businesses hiring them to cut labor costs. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Certainly issues can be interrelated to some extent, sure

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

ive done this a dozen times

He’s talking about refugees not undocumented immigrants. And it’s the same message that every President has made from Reagan to Obama going back to George Washington. It’s what this nation is supposed to be about. 
It has absolutely nothing to do with the recent explosion of undocumented immigrants. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

He’s talking about refugees not undocumented immigrants. And it’s the same message that every President has made from Reagan to Obama going back to George Washington. It’s what this nation is supposed to be about. 
It has absolutely nothing to do with the recent explosion of undocumented immigrants. 

You lose again. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

Let’s hope not because if I lose on this issue then so does America. 

Your dream of America? I hope it crumbles.

My hope for America? I hope it comes back and you liberals all waste away. 

Close borders immediately and deport anyone who is here illegally no exceptions.

Have a strict cap on how many immigrants we let in per year from carefully selected countries. 5,000-20,000 per year.

No Islamic immigrants. 

I would also be fine with creating a temporary universal child income $2,000-5,000 per year per child until birthrates climb back to pre-1965 immigration act levels. As wages start to go up people will naturally have more children. 

You must understand English at a high school level to immigrate here. 

No refugees, no asylum seekers, it's someone else's problem.

Country would be fixed within 2 decades.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

26 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

so there are refugees coming from mexico?  we doing that again?  what war is going on in central america?

48 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Certainly issues can be interrelated to some extent, sure

Yeah, but if you tackle the most important issue, from both an economic, and, more importantly, a national security standpoint, first, you can then address the other issues in a more pragmatic way. 

Concentrating on the economy or healthcare or even foreign relations without first securing our borders is pointless. Without borders, we have no country. 

6 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Yeah, but if you tackle the most important issue

Exactly.

Like I said above, I don’t believe immigration is the most important issue. It’s an issue, sure, but I think several others are more important.

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Exactly.

Like I said above, I don’t believe immigration is the most important issue. It’s an issue, sure, but I think several others are more important.

OK, how do we fix healthcare without first drastically reducing the number of illegals receiving free healthcare in this country? 

How do we address economic issues without first controlling the influx of illegals pouring into the country and reducing their negative impacts on our economy? 

How are we supposed to improve foreign relations with countries who are content to send the poor they can't afford take care of here, so we can take care of them? 

You have to start somewhere and controlling the border is the most effective way to do so. 

• Thanks 1

100% for unfettered immigration....as long as we're checking for scumbags at the door.  Population size is power.  

4 minutes ago, zsasz said:

100% for unfettered immigration....as long as we're checking for scumbags at the door.  Population size is power.  

And here it is folks. 

Flood the country with illegals, ship them to strategic locations throughout the country, pass legislation to include them in the census and then increase the number of Democrat Representatives in said locations through secure elections decided by mail in ballots. 

Power indeed. 

13 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Brrrrrrrrrrrrt

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 5-Points said:

And here it is folks. 

Flood the country with illegals, ship them to strategic locations throughout the country, pass legislation to include them in the census and then increase the number of Democrat Representatives in said locations through secure elections decided by mail in ballots. 

Power indeed. 

I don’t know, man…

I’m not in favor of 100% unfettered immigration.

But look, somebody has to finish the drywall. Somebody has to set the forms and pour the foundations. Somebody has to strip the shingles and put on a new roof before lunchtime.

How about this: You can’t vote until you’ve paid taxes for ten years.

Republicans would have a decade to convince these new Americans for their votes. You can get back to the whole bootstraps/family values/Christianity thing.

I’ve always thought the great replacement theory stuff was nonsense.

6 hours ago, zsasz said:

Population size is power.  

May be the dumbest sh!t uttered in a bit. Congrats 

1 hour ago, Dozer FBG said:

I don’t know, man…

But look, somebody has to finish the drywall. Somebody has to set the forms and pour the foundations. Somebody has to strip the shingles and put on a new roof before lunchtime.

Republicans would have a decade to convince these new Americans for their votes. You can get back to the whole bootstraps/family values/Christianity thing.

I’d restrict it even further. Undocumented immigrants should NEVER be allowed to vote. Full stop. Their kids can grow up to vote. 

18 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Is this the part where you guys say....well it matters but its not that big of a deal?

16 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

so there are refugees coming from mexico?  we doing that again?  what war is going on in central america?

These people act like Mexico is Afghanistan.   Its quite hilarious.  

15 hours ago, zsasz said:

Lol.  You people are insane.  

10 hours ago, Dozer FBG said:

I don’t know, man…

Idk, me and another white guy put on my roof.  

Im not hiring some immigrant to work on my house.  They better have a portfolio of work before I do.  

But I also mow my own grass.  See Im a man.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Im not hiring some immigrant to work on my house.  They better have a portfolio of work before I do.  

Some of these “men” don’t even own a lawn mower.  

On 3/30/2024 at 2:12 PM, 5-Points said:

Come through the front door, bring some skills, get to work, learn English, assimilate and stay off the dole.

Otherwise GTFO and don't come back. 

This describes almost all immigrants from India.   The people from India who I have worked with and dealt with in business went through the proper immigration process even though it took some time. Respectful and law abiding people for the most part.  

They work hard on speaking the language.  I have been to many events and hear a common theme.  We want to assimilate into this country, not be India-Americans, but Americans from India.   The attitude they bring with them has been the key to their success here.  

• Like 2

Christian nationalism!!  Let’s bring in millions of Christians! 

37 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Christian nationalism!!  Let’s bring in millions of Christians! 

Christian Nationalism is about WHITE Christians. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Christian Nationalism is about WHITE Christians. 

Not white hispanics? 

8 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

You think you are a man because you mow your own grass?

Trump supporters set the bar so low for manliness…

Just now, Dozer FBG said:

It’s a start. Sounds like you don’t even get out of the starting block. 

1 minute ago, Dozer FBG said:

At least he has a lawn to mow. So he’s doing better than peafoam :lol:

18 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I’d restrict it even further. Undocumented immigrants should NEVER be allowed to vote. Full stop. Their kids can grow up to vote. 

In case you never get around to those Freakonomics podcasts, one of the data points they make is that immigrants themselves are net negatives on the economy.  Their children, and their children's children, are a positive, moreso than the original generation was a negative.  So the net result is an economic positive, but it takes 3 generations to get there.  They are currently discussing (I haven't quite finished) how the Feds unduly benefit from leaving the bulk of the integration cost for the first generation on the states, but gladly collect those sweet tax dollars later.

This seems to conflict with your consistent assertion that immigrants are a positive to the economy.  At least, my interpretation of your assertion is that you believe they are a positive from the get go.

25 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s a start. Sounds like you don’t even get out of the starting block. 

LOL!!

You in way over your head here, Nancy!

You’d better stay playing bridge with the rest of the women…

LOL! Such a puzzy…