Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

2024 NFL Draft Profile - QB Bo Nix

No Spencer Rattler?

No first-round chance. No QB profile. I have to make the cut off somewhere.

I will get to Rattler when I do my "Best of the Rest" over the final two or so weeks before the draft.

I think he may end up being the odd man out of the potential 1st round QBs.

However, looking at the scouting report, he has some qualities that will be really valuable in the NFL.

That would be getting rid of the ball quickly and reading defenses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Football Guru said:

No first-round chance. No QB profile. I have to make the cut off somewhere.

I will get to Rattler when I do my "Best of the Rest" over the final two or so weeks before the draft.

Your "Best Fit" selections.  Are they based on teams you think he best fits overall, or the best fit for teams that may be drafting a QB?   Personally, I'm hoping Tampa does the smart thing and takes a QB in the first 2 rounds to replace Mayfield, no later than next season (preferably at some point this season).  Nix is a guy that I thought might be there in R2, but from what I've been reading, he's definitely going before Pick #57.

2 hours ago, polecatt said:

I think he may end up being the odd man out of the potential 1st round QBs.

However, looking at the scouting report, he has some qualities that will be really valuable in the NFL.

That would be getting rid of the ball quickly and reading defenses.

agreed.  if he has that, he will (at the very least) be a serviceable backup.   but definitely has starting potential

More like Blow Nix. 

24 years old and still playing football with little kids. 

9 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Your "Best Fit" selections.  Are they based on teams you think he best fits overall, or the best fit for teams that may be drafting a QB?   Personally, I'm hoping Tampa does the smart thing and takes a QB in the first 2 rounds to replace Mayfield, no later than next season (preferably at some point this season).  Nix is a guy that I thought might be there in R2, but from what I've been reading, he's definitely going before Pick #57.

Kind of a mixture between the teams that need a QB and the style of offense I think the prospect fits best in ... with more of a lean toward the latter.  I am listing the teams in the order I think would be his best fit.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ray_T said:

agreed.  if he has that, he will (at the very least) be a serviceable backup.   but definitely has starting potential

I think the difference there usually comes down to arm strength.

A QB like this with a strong arm is a star or at least a starter. A QB with a weaker arm is a back up

Bo Nix's grow on trees. He'll be out of the league before his cup of coffee gets cold. 

Bo don't know football 😊 

hey I know you guys dont love this guy, but when I see that a QB gets a good read on the Defense so he rarely has to move on from the first read.... thats huge.  in in some respects puts him far ahead of most of the other QB's expected to go early.

based on the fftoday analysis, this guy looks like a perfect west coast offense type QB where they throw short and intermediate throws but dont often go deep.

but if hes getting rid of the ball quickly and getting it into the hands of playmakers in space hes doing his job.  There is lots to like here.

the only  concern is if he becomes a dink and dunk QB at the NFL level.

at the very least I think this kid is a serviceable backup but he has considerable upside too. 

for me, the best QB's in the NFL make those pre snap reads and do a great job of getting rid of the ball quickly while also protecting the football.

he seems to do this at the college level at least.