Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

What do we think of the new MÖTLEY CRÜE?

LOL. 

Better than expected

Just like all/any "classic" rock bands that come out with a new album/song to stay relevant after 20+ years since their peak, it sucks. It's uninspired and  blasé. It was released just to make money from fans reliving the 80s-90s.

About 8-10 years ago Vince Neal came to a small venue where I live. My buddy really wanted to go - tickets were $100 - kind of expensive. He played 8 songs! Eight f'ing songs! And he went off stage about 10 minutes while the band jammed. And his voice was shot. That sucked!

Not too ramble...but about 5 years ago I saw John Cougar. Always wanted to see him. Found out at the concert he had new folk music. I didn't know that. I like/appreciate folk music...but I went to hear classic John Cougar. Aside from Jack and Diane and maybe 2 others, he mostly played the new folk stuff. WTF? That's not why I went to see him.

2 hours ago, mattman7168 said:

Not too ramble...but about 5 years ago I saw John Cougar. Always wanted to see him. Found out at the concert he had new folk music. I didn't know that. I like/appreciate folk music...but I went to hear classic John Cougar. Aside from Jack and Diane and maybe 2 others, he mostly played the new folk stuff. WTF? That's not why I went to see him.

That sucks and he is a favorite of mine and wouldn't like that either. He had a new album out a little awhile back and his voice sounds shot, old age and to many cigarettes...Although just watched the Billy Joel concert on TV last week. He sounds great and just like himself.

4 hours ago, mattman7168 said:

Just like all/any "classic" rock bands that come out with a new album/song to stay relevant after 20+ years since their peak, it sucks. It's uninspired and  blasé. It was released just to make money from fans reliving the 80s-90s.

About 8-10 years ago Vince Neal came to a small venue where I live. My buddy really wanted to go - tickets were $100 - kind of expensive. He played 8 songs! Eight f'ing songs! And he went off stage about 10 minutes while the band jammed. And his voice was shot. That sucked!

Wait, you don't like some band playing up to their oldies by putting out the same type of music new album, but you don't like the band you went to see for not playing the oldies? And yeah, voices change over 30+ years time. I would think that is something you would understand.

Sounds confusing. 

4 hours ago, double tour said:

Wait, you don't like some band playing up to their oldies by putting out the same type of music new album, but you don't like the band you went to see for not playing the oldies?

Sounds confusing. 

What? I read that several times and, congrats. You confused me.

Anyway, the Stones and Springsteen (in addition to Motley Crue) come to mind as artists that recently put out new music that doesn't have the same energy/vibe as their older stuff. It seems uninspired and lazy...like it was just released for a money grab.