Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Biden says Americans have 'right to protest, but not the right to chaos'

8 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Care to highlight any trump policies that helped minorities?  Muslim ban? Supporting racists?  What am I missing?

The facts, as usual. 

11 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Care to highlight any trump policies that helped minorities?  Muslim ban? Supporting racists?  What am I missing?

How about those Trump high top sneakers? 

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

No, not when the examples you posted are completely inaccurate.

🤣 🤡

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The facts, as usual. 

Care to name any?

Sent 25 bucks to those kids at UNC. Felt good. 

23 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Trump also funded traditional  black colleges. And he pardoned the great first black heavyweight champion, Jack Johnson, which should have been done years ago, 

I am really trying here to give him credit for some stuff…there’s not much out there. On the whole his record was putrid. 

If he hadn’t stacked the court with right wing loonies or engaged in insurrection, his record wouldn’t have been that bad. His actual policies were mostly mainstream, you know, tax cuts for the rich and all that.

But now he wants to be Viktor Orban so that is much more concerning.

I like how Trump made Nato pay up and made them stronger. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I like how Trump made Nato pay up and made them stronger. 

Trump told Putin to attack any NATO country he wants that hasn't spent their 2%. 

🤡

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There was a world before tweets they would like to forget.  

Currently, they are changing that history so we will remember the new history soon enough.

42 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

If he hadn’t stacked the court with right wing loonies or engaged in insurrection, his record wouldn’t have been that bad. His actual policies were mostly mainstream, you know, tax cuts for the rich and all that.

The travel ban really bothered me. Also the tariffs. 

But what bothered me most of all was his incompetent reaction to Covid. Just a disaster. Almost all the economic problems we have today are the result of Trump’s idiocy in the year 2020 (not to mention hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths.) 

Right wing loonies on the court. Lol.  Yeah, that Kavanaugh it’s nuts. 

9 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

The travel ban really bothered me. Also the tariffs. 

But what bothered me most of all was his incompetent reaction to Covid. Just a disaster. Almost all the economic problems we have today are the result of Trump’s idiocy in the year 2020 (not to mention hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths.) 

Initially his response was pretty good. The speed with which they got those vaccines out was stunning. The stimulus staved off certain economic collapse.

But then he went full looney tunes for his base. That’s the problem when you pander to conspiracy-loving nuts.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Right wing loonies on the court. Lol.  Yeah, that Kavanaugh it’s nuts. 

Overturning Roe v Wade was loony, yes.

And that was just the beginning.

20 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Overturning Roe v Wade was loony, yes.

And that was just the beginning.

It was bad law from the beginning. Different applications of it in nearly every state. And it’s not in the constitution. Also , blame your side for bringing it in front of a conservative court. That doesn’t make you think for a second? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

The three justices appointed by Trump lean slightly right, but are far more centrist than any of the three liberal justices.

https://www.axios.com/2019/06/01/supreme-court-justices-ideology

Sotomayor is the biggest partisan hack on the court and it isn't close.

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

The three justices appointed by Trump lean slightly right, but are far more centrist than any of the three liberal justices.

https://www.axios.com/2019/06/01/supreme-court-justices-ideology

Sotomayor is the biggest partisan hack on the court and it isn't close.

That’s from a year ago. Your point is probably still true with regards to sotomayor but the court is definitely shifting right

12 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

That’s from a year ago. Your point is probably still true with regards to sotomayor but the court is definitely shifting right

Shifting right is different than "right wing loonies."

Besides, a high court should lean right. The default should be to not change things from the court; that is generally the job of the legislature.  A progressive judge who supports every cause du jour is not good for a stable society.

I was a kid during Jimmy Carter.  It has there ever been a weaker president than Biden? 

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Shifting right is different than "right wing loonies."

Besides, a high court should lean right. The default should be to not change things from the court; that is generally the job of the legislature.  A progressive judge who supports every cause du jour is not good for a stable society.

That’s ridiculous. They should be neither especially right or left. But unfortunately, that’s not the way it actually works