Sign in to follow this  
5-Points

Any Geeks Use WaveMax?

My wife sent me this link. I've never heard of it before. Any of you have this? I'm skeptical but for $40 if it gets me my local channels I might consider it. 

It's just an antenna to pick up the local cable signals in your area, just like the million already sold on Amazon. This one is no different.  Depending upon your location it may or may not work without some work.  I ordered an antenna (not WaveMax) off of Amazon a while back and tried to use it but my location sucks and I would have had to install an Antenna on top of my house to get a good signal.

Just an FYI, but you can get antenna's cheaper than that off of Amazon too.

• Like 1

I installed an antenna in my attic last year and then ran a cable down to my living room. I did not receive all the Houston channels when I used a regular antenna. 

That would not work for where I live in the suburbs.

I ended up spending about 50-100 dollars on an antenna from an electronics store with booster. Designed for the attic. 

It's an antenna... what am I missing here?

This is a great tool for finding which over-the-air channels are available to you in your area.  https://www.tvfool.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29

All of those devices you see advertised for free TV are just antennas being marketed as something special.  You could literally pick up some free channels with just a piece of wire as an antenna.  I use to sell and install antennas for years.

• Like 2

Like I said in another post recently I had a indoor antenna for 15 years and been getting my locals plus like 10 more channels. A good quality indoor antenna will work and paid like $80 for mine 15 years ago. I live by a a lot of metal buildings and mountains to boot, you just got to take the time and find the right area where the signal towers are coming in at. Most likely a 2nd or 3rd floor room.

3 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I ended up spending about 50-100 dollars on an antenna from an electronics store with booster. Designed for the attic. 

Can you send me a link of the one you bought? I'd like to try that one out.

I use MaveWax on he scrot

3 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Can you send me a link of the one you bought? I'd like to try that one out.

Google is useless anymore. Trying to find a product and all you get are 10 pages of ads/sales for a product.

I believe it is the below antenna, pretty basic but I did have the wire coax to get it from my attic down to my living room. I think if you put in that effort then almost any antenna/booster you purchase will work.

https://www.rcaantennas.net/indoor-hd-antenna/?sku=ANT2160E

• Like 1

Thanks! :thumbsup:

I haven't had a TV antenna since the old rabbit ears days. I honestly didn't realize it was still a thing.

We've been debating cutting the cord so I'm looking for ways to see the programming I want to see without paying for a bunch of crap we don't watch. 

• Like 1