Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

12 Geeks 1 Cup

i was willing to wait on qb, but liked his value where i got him. while i think his numbers will dip a little, i still believe he will end up in top 5. he was my backup (also drafted rodgers) last year in ffpc and help me win a decent amount of $$

I was planning on taking him but you snagged him right before I could get him. Settled for Russel Wilson which I think can still perform well

Wilson benefits from the NFC west..

Generally speaking, I thought marshawn made him better.

Wilson benefits from the NFC west..

Generally speaking, I thought marshawn made him better.

Which is why I wasn't too upset with the pick. I have my doubts about the Falcons this year since Shanahan is gone. Don't think Ryan will repeat last year and is due for a little regression. Had a buddy who had pretty much the entire Falcons team one year with Ryan, Turner, Julio, Roddy White, and T Gonzales. I had their kicker to keep him from getting them all and the weird thing is he isn't a Falcons fan. Just how they fell to him and he ended up going to the championship (but lost).

Which is why I wasn't too upset with the pick. I have my doubts about the Falcons this year since Shanahan is gone. Don't think Ryan will repeat last year and is due for a little regression. Had a buddy who had pretty much the entire Falcons team one year with Ryan, Turner, Julio, Roddy White, and T Gonzales. I had their kicker to keep him from getting them all and the weird thing is he isn't a Falcons fan. Just how they fell to him and he ended up going to the championship (but lost).

i do not think ryan duplicate last year's numbers either, but still will be passing enough to reach top 5 in scoring. 4500+, 30 tds fair?

wilson was injured last year, and has a nice strength of schedule. he should have a nice rebound from last year.

i do not think ryan duplicate last year's numbers either, but still will be passing enough to reach top 5 in scoring. 4500+, 30 tds fair?

wilson was injured last year, and has a nice strength of schedule. he should have a nice rebound from last year.

Yea I think he will be top 5 at worst top 10. And yea I feel Wilson is set for a rebound season as well and liked his schedule this year.

Remember Ryan was barely even drafted last year. I got him on FA in a 10tm league. His previous best finish was QB7 or so. I'd temper expectations for top 5.

Remember Ryan was barely even drafted last year. I got him on FA in a 10tm league. His previous best finish was QB7 or so. I'd temper expectations for top 5.

since 2011 he has under 4500 once (2011), thrown under 26 tds once (21 in 2015). i believe he has a high floor and gets NOS and TBB for a quarter of the year (plus gets jags, bears, lions, bills, jets, mia). if healthy i think he is a lock for 4500 (10% reduction from 5000) with 30 (22% reduction from 38). i am ok with those numbers.

QB so deep it's crazy

QB so deep it's crazy

plenty of good ones still out there, but also with speculation.

plenty of good ones still out there, but also with speculation.

I could speculate on every QB outside rodgers and Brady. Brees needs 4th quarter garbage time, ryan lost his OC. Wilson's line sucks and he needs a bounce back, luck has an injury. Etc.

Not that they are bad picks but there are tons of great QB options and seemingly more every year

Everything is speculation. I made the pick with an expectation of a dip in production. On the flip side I made a pick earlier speculating on the upside of McCaffrey and took him earlier than his adp (based on my speculation of similarly ranked rbs).

This why we play, correct? We gave different views and strategies.

I would be happy to place a small wager on an over/under on the numbers I posted for him vs a QB from the field matching (you can pick one).

If you are interested pm me.... I do not want rooster block anyone. We can announce it after your guy is picked.

edit:

also, it is fairly clear that the nfl has become a passing league. the passing numbers are have been on the rise over the past 7-10 years.

since 2011 he has under 4500 once (2011), thrown under 26 tds once (21 in 2015). i believe he has a high floor and gets NOS and TBB for a quarter of the year (plus gets jags, bears, lions, bills, jets, mia). if healthy i think he is a lock for 4500 (10% reduction from 5000) with 30 (22% reduction from 38). i am ok with those numbers.

I would not say a lock for 30td at all. He has thrown for 30+ 2 times in 9 seasons. Lock for 4000 26? Sure.

I don't believe in using Percentages to gauge performance as the game has far too many variables. Math has no place in a game where the bounce of a ball or a phantom PI call or busted coverage can mean a swing of so many tds and yards. We like to think we can figure the game out using theorems and equations but we are fooling ourselves.

I would not say a lock for 30td at all. He has thrown for 30+ 2 times in 9 seasons. Lock for 4000 26? Sure.

I don't believe in using Percentages to gauge performance as the game has far too many variables. Math has no place in a game where the bounce of a ball or a phantom PI call or busted coverage can mean a swing of so many tds and yards. We like to think we can figure the game out using theorems and equations but we are fooling ourselves.

he hasn't thrown for less than 4500 for the past 5 season. 26 tds was his 2nd lowest since 2010. since he had gotten julio in 2011 he has been very consistent.

yes...many variables in nfl/ff so we look for patterns (standard deviation). some players have volatile numbers and some are more stable. some years i go all risk, some very conservative. but mostly i try to be selective with where i want to take my risks.

listen... i do not think ryan is a savior, nor an elite qb. it do think he provides a very consistent high floor for FF.

If you aren't pre-selecting you should add the text message notification through the MFL app. That way when your turn comes up you get a notification to make your pick. You can also set it up to where it sends texts of who picks what player as well. Makes it easy so I don't have to keep checking to the app to see if it's my turn.

I hate this site on my phone. I had it set up perfect but browser closed. I can't find the page listing the draft - to see who is up next and what picks were made.

I can't find the page showing my roster and time each team took making picks.

All I can find is page to pre rank pics.

:mad:

Help !!!!!!

agree that it is tough making transaction in mfl on the phone.

can you find the home page? it has buttons (links) for draft and rosters.

or you can look for a drop down...

for owners> draft

reports> franchises > rosters

If you aren't pre-selecting you should add the text message notification through the MFL app. That way when your turn comes up you get a notification to make your pick. You can also set it up to where it sends texts of who picks what player as well. Makes it easy so I don't have to keep checking to the app to see if it's my turn.

how about you chill out

Everything is speculation. I made the pick with an expectation of a dip in production. On the flip side I made a pick earlier speculating on the upside of McCaffrey and took him earlier than his adp (based on my speculation of similarly ranked rbs).

This why we play, correct? We gave different views and strategies.

I would be happy to place a small wager on an over/under on the numbers I posted for him vs a QB from the field matching (you can pick one).

If you are interested pm me.... I do not want rooster block anyone. We can announce it after your guy is picked.

edit:

also, it is fairly clear that the nfl has become a passing league. the passing numbers are have been on the rise over the past 7-10 years.

I thiNK maybe you took my comments the wrong way. I wasn't commenting on your selection, didn't even know who you selected I'm assuming Ryan from this quoted post. I'm also not knocking anyone for taking their guy.

I'm simply stating how deep the position is this year and how it seems to get deeper every year because the NFL is so pass centric and so many of these teams are putting a premium on finding their own Derek Carr for example.

I wouldn't have any interest in making a bet because I have Ryan ranked higher than any QB I will end up selecting. It's more of a value issue for me.

I ###### hate this site on my phone. I had it set up perfect but browser closed. I can't find the page listing the draft - to see who is up next and what picks were made.

I can't find the page showing my roster and time each team took making picks.

All I can find is page to pre rank pics.

:mad:

Help !!!!!!

Can you download the MFL app? It's so much easier to draft on it than on the webpage on your phone

Had to grab McFadden this round as the elliot owner has-had two picks before my 8th.

Going to sting a bit for him. Not that it kills his season but 6 games is a lot. I drafted Bell in many leagues last year and having D-Will made it smooth sailing and that wasn't a 6 game absence.

Normally I wouldn't do it if I didn't own Elliot but 6 games of McFadden in thay offense makes it worth it at this point

• Like 1

Had to grab McFadden this round as the elliot owner has-had two picks before my 8th.

Going to sting a bit for him. Not that it kills his season but 6 games is a lot. I drafted Bell in many leagues last year and having D-Will made it smooth sailing and that wasn't a 6 game absence.

Normally I wouldn't do it if I didn't own Elliot but 6 games of McFadden in thay offense makes it worth it at this point

Can't really fault you there for that. I was hoping I could get him in the next round but guess I waited too late. He will be money the whole time Zeke is out. Plus he can catch passes out of the backfield

I thiNK maybe you took my comments the wrong way. I wasn't commenting on your selection, didn't even know who you selected I'm assuming Ryan from this quoted post. I'm also not knocking anyone for taking their guy.

I'm simply stating how deep the position is this year and how it seems to get deeper every year because the NFL is so pass centric and so many of these teams are putting a premium on finding their own Derek Carr for example.

I wouldn't have any interest in making a bet because I have Ryan ranked higher than any QB I will end up selecting. It's more of a value issue for me.

very good. i very well may have. my mccaffrey was more of a "my guy". while i agree that there are a lot of good qb with a lot of potential, i found the value in what i considered pretty steady high numbers over the past 6 years. there is a likelihood that ryan gets outscored by a few others (other than rodgers, brady, brees), but we do not know which ones.

I have a different outlook.

how about you chill out

so, did you get the text?

:D

Can you download the MFL app? It's so much easier to draft on it than on the webpage on your phone

Thanks !!!!!!

Yes. Better. My next pick is still available- but four picks ahead of me.

Always knew you were a smart dude. :ninja:

Thanks !!!!!!

Yes. Better. My next pick is still available- but four picks ahead of me.

Always knew you were a smart dude. :ninja:

I have my moments ;)

Herbies up with Bier on deck

I still can't find on app or web actual draft results. Where it has 7.04 pick and comment. PISSING ME OFF.

I still can't find on app or web actual draft results. Where it has 7.04 pick and comment. PISSING ME OFF.

Do you have MFL platinum app? That's what showing up on my phone. Go to leagues and make sure it's our league. Then the app should pull up a bunch of different sections like lineup, scores, standings, etc. Down there should be a section called draft. Click it. Should take you to the draft room. Once there, it'll show the recently taken players. Scroll down and you should see where it says "view all picks". If you click that it'll show all the players drafted so far, who they were drafted by, and what round. It'll also show future picks as to who drafts when. Also on that page you should see four little tabs underneath where it says what round it is, what pick it is, and who's turn to draft. Those 4 tabs are the chat room, rosters, your draft list, and your draft picks. The rosters show everyone's roster and is very helpful

the regular mobile site works better than i expected. almost looks better than the garbage MFL regular websites.

Jack Daniels is answering for me

:donotfvckingknow:

Paying for any kind of FF help is :D

Why isn't Digby picking?!?! Omg OMG OMG Omg

he just needs to set up mobile alerts