Sign in to follow this  
remote controller

** Round 8-10 Commentary - July PPR **

I've never been a big fan of having two backs from the same team but this year I like getting Ellington and Johnson.

I've never been a big fan of having two backs from the same team but this year I like getting Ellington and Johnson.

I was hoping to get johnson next round. You picked him about 2 rounds earlier than the last mock here and earlier than most any mfl draft i do. Any reason behind his uptick in value? He is a facinating player to me so i am always interested in how people view him.

I think he will catch a lot of passes so im not saying its a bad pick by any means. He may even be right where he should go. He just wasnt really on my radar until last round.

As a Bears fan and having him on my team last year I'm a little burned by him but I can't deny his ability. I know his QB sucks but I have a feeling he's going to get a lot of passes thrown to him and I know Marshall has the ability to catch some poorly thrown balls.

As a Bears fan and having him on my team last year I'm a little burned by him but I can't deny his ability. I know his QB sucks but I have a feeling he's going to get a lot of passes thrown to him and I know Marshall has the ability to catch some poorly thrown balls.

I think he will be in Genos ear the entire time and convince him he needs to throw to marshall 10 times a game.

I was hoping to get johnson next round. You picked him about 2 rounds earlier than the last mock here and earlier than most any mfl draft i do. Any reason behind his uptick in value? He is a facinating player to me so i am always interested in how people view him.

I strongly considered waiting another round but I didn't want to lose him. I'm not sure I see any of the other available backs being that much better.

My draft list may look different than most. I have a membership on footballguys and input the league scoring rules on there. They use their projections and the scoring rules to give my rankings. There are a few different guys that give projections so I pick the player I like most between their projections.

I could use my other league's rankings but the scoring is a little different and is a .5 PPR league.

Do you live near chicago now? Or do you just get chicago stations in iowa?

I'm about 4 hours west of Chicago and get the radio station but it's a little weak. It's still about the only thing I listen to in my car. I listen to it online all day at work too. If I'm not listening to that I'm listening to fantasy football podcasts.

^ First thing Marsh did when he got to the Jets was start rooming with Geno.

Yes he did. All day every day telling Geno he will make him a better qb im sure.

I strongly considered waiting another round but I didn't want to lose him. I'm not sure I see any of the other available backs being that much better.

My draft list may look different than most. I have a membership on footballguys and input the league scoring rules on there. They use their projections and the scoring rules to give my rankings. There are a few different guys that give projections so I pick the player I like most between their projections.

I could use my other league's rankings but the scoring is a little different and is a .5 PPR league.

I have been surprised at how late johnson can be had in rookie drafts when he is in a good spot, plus he just seemed like a very good rb. I think the negatives on him are overblown. I dont think the matt forte comparisons are that far off.

I left my list of picks for 9.09 with Dan.

Dan:

The Guru is OTC, do you have his picks?

Guys this if off topic but I just started an mfl 10 and got the 1 overall and rray am considering taking Antonio brown to see what I can do going WR thoughts?

Guys this if off topic but I just started an mfl 10 and got the 1 overall and rray am considering taking Antonio brown to see what I can do going WR thoughts?

I do not like the idea of going wr at 1 overall. The biggest reason is by the time you pick again you are looking at tier 3 rbs and there are still very good options at wr left.

Plus, there is no ww to help your deficient rb group. Now, if you want to do a little experiment and grab 3 stud receivers with your first 3 picks, that would be interesting. You may be able to hide some serious deficiencies with a weak rb group.

If you plan on doing multiple MFL10 drafts then go ahead and try it. I think it helps to have different strategies each time you draft a team in MFLs. My second MFL draft I went WR heavy with the 4th pick. I took Brown, Cobb and then Hopkins.

Looking at that same team I see I drafted David Johnson in the 9th round too, just like this draft. I also drafted Ellington so that's three of the same players.

Guys, I'm catching up as we speak. I'll make my pick in the next 10-15 minutes.

Uh oh, Dan let you down. I think i screwed up the rhythm when i tried to sneak Marshall onto my roster.

I have zero confidence that DeMarco Murray will stay healthy this year and figure Mathews could be in for as many as 150 carries in the event Murray doesn't get hurt. Either way, it's a worthwhile investment. It also plays into my strategy of targeting high-upside reserve RBs instead of low-end committee backs, something I can't say I've always done in the past.

I have zero confidence that DeMarco Murray will stay healthy this year and figure Mathews could be in for as many as 150 carries in the event Murray doesn't get hurt. Either way, it's a worthwhile investment. It also plays into my strategy of targeting high-upside reserve RBs instead of low-end committee backs, something I can't say I've always done in the past.

I have zero confidence that Mathews will stay healthy after he takes over for Murray.

based on what??.... and Matthews has been anything but the picture of health and dependability.

He was on my list of targets. The whole thing may shake out to be an entire commitee back field but I think he's more talented and is way ahead of Ridley and Stacy from what I here. They seem to be recovering and learning the offense respectively.

Ivory had a very nice start to last season. Through week 8 he was 12th in total RB points and 19th in PPG average with 12.7

Right around guys like Sproles, Vereen, and even McCoy for PPG.

He finished on a bit of a down note as some nagging injuries limited him some but finished as RB 22.

He was on my list of targets. The whole thing may shake out to be an entire commitee back field but I think he's more talented and is way ahead of Ridley and Stacy from what I here. They seem to be recovering and learning the offense respectively.

Ivory had a very nice start to last season. Through week 8 he was 12th in total RB points and 19th in PPG average with 12.7

He finished on a bit of a down note as some nagging injuries limited him some but finished as RB 22.

Nagging injuries are what he is known for. His style of running is exciting as hell to watch, though his body doesnt agree.

^ I think it's gets over blown though. He had a P tag 3 times and played in all 16 games but there is chatter that the coaching staff did try to limit him and keep him fresh with CJ last season.

based on what??.... and Matthews has been anything but the picture of health and dependability.

What do you mean "based on what"? Murray had almost 500 touches last year, I'd be stunned if he holds up.

I recognize Mathews isn't durable either, but a part-time gig like Philly may be exactly what he needs to stay healthy on a more regular basis.

The injured leading the injured in Philly.

I'm going to be targeting Mathews around this area in my drafts this year, hopefullly as an RB4. Like a David Johnson, I suspect he'll make at least 2-3 high-quality fantasy starts.

Ivory saved my bacon in an experts' league last year and probably would have been my pick in the 10th. With that said, everything I've read suggests Powell will be the man in the passing game and the coaching staff didn't exactly show much confidence in Ivory by going out and getting two similar albeit less-talented backs.

Damn, there goes Ivory. He was the next RB I wanted.

It was him or Mason for my RB4 at this pick. Made my decision very easy. I would have probably taken Mason anyhow, I think he will get the early season work for sure, and depending on Gurley's injury, he may get a ton of work.

A starting running back in the 10th is the value I am looking for here.

Damn, there goes Ivory. He was the next RB I wanted.

Sarcasm?

I have a feeling Duke Johnson is going to be a guilty pleasure pick for me next month. Every time I try to convince myself he's part of a low-upside committee with Crowell, I'm reminded the Browns don't have any receivers that can consistently win matchups (outside of maybe Andrew Hawkins in the slot). I'll take my chances that he's Gio Bernard-lite in the 10th.

In the 9th getting a potential starter in Ivory will work for my RB 4, he has a very good chance to keep the main role and should help during the season..

Since I got sniped on Manning and was hoping Tannehill was gonna make it back around I figured I better grab a QB. Carson has a legit shot to finish top 12 if he can stay healthy

Since I got sniped on Manning and was hoping Tannehill was gonna make it back around I figured I better grab a QB. Carson has a legit shot to finish top 12 if he can stay healthy

Looking at your roster just now, I did you a favor. :P If you had taken Manning, you would have been a CJ Anderson short of fielding an all-Bronco team.

Sarcasm?

No. I have him as a value pick this year. I've been taking him in a lot of drafts as my RB4.

I have a feeling Duke Johnson is going to be a guilty pleasure pick for me next month. Every time I try to convince myself he's part of a low-upside committee with Crowell, I'm reminded the Browns don't have any receivers that can consistently win matchups (outside of maybe Andrew Hawkins in the slot). I'll take my chances that he's Gio Bernard-lite in the 10th.

I really like that Duke Johnson pick. He's been on my radar as a value pick.

That may have been my toughest pick yet. There were some WRs and RBs I wanted to pick but I needed a TE before they ran out.

21 snaps per game last year for Hyde, with Gore there, and the fact that he lined up as a wide receiver 5 times last year. More than likely Bush will take those WR snaps and offer a little break now and then. There is no talk of time share in SF.